[1.12.x] Toolbar Controller (for modders)

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Krydax said:

Holy cow you are a saint among men! :)

Not only did that work, but now I also have the added benefit of station keeping, precise manuever, and docking port alignment indicator now all working (they weren't before)!!!!! Thank you thank you!

I_do_have a Patreon, if you are feeling generous :D

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I_do_have a Patreon, if you are feeling generous :D

Haha nice :) I'll definitely look into it! If anyone has "earned" donations... you're one of them. The work you do for the modding community has always amazed me. You're like the glue that holds everything together. I'm hopeful that the KSP2 modding community will have more vibrancy and popularity and thus more modders like you, so you won't need to carry such a heavy load.

37 minutes ago, Krydax said:

Haha nice :) I'll definitely look into it! If anyone has "earned" donations... you're one of them. The work you do for the modding community has always amazed me. You're like the glue that holds everything together. I'm hopeful that the KSP2 modding community will have more vibrancy and popularity and thus more modders like you, so you won't need to carry such a heavy load.

KSP did, and still does, but it _is_ 10 years old.  People do move on

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm on KSP 1.12.2 and using CKAN 1.30.4 ; I get this error when attempting to install Toolbar Controller:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp8F4C.tmp has length 88369, should be 107848
   in CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   in CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadComplete(Uri url, String filename, Exception error)

And then aborts the installation. Am I doing something wrong?

11 minutes ago, Pethos said:

Hi

I'm on KSP 1.12.2 and using CKAN 1.30.4 ; I get this error when attempting to install Toolbar Controller:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp8F4C.tmp has length 88369, should be 107848
   in CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   in CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadComplete(Uri url, String filename, Exception error)

And then aborts the installation. Am I doing something wrong?

Refresh, then try again.  If still a problem, contact the CKAN thread

• 3 months later...

Hello. I have been getting a problem with this mod when using it with KSC Extended. When I enter the game with KSC extended and this mod there is nothing but the KSC and some gray stuff to the left of it. If you could please fix it because I use alot of toolbar mods and I wanted to use them with KSC extended.

2 hours ago, mike19542 said:

Hello. I have been getting a problem with this mod when using it with KSC Extended. When I enter the game with KSC extended and this mod there is nothing but the KSC and some gray stuff to the left of it. If you could please fix it because I use alot of toolbar mods and I wanted to use them with KSC extended.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Pics and logs are needed

21 hours ago, mike19542 said:

How do you install your mods?  I assume by hand, but please confirm

If nothing else, get me the KSP.log in the main directory

47 minutes ago, mike19542 said:

By hand 

That’s your problem.  Without the logs I can say exactly what’s wrong, but I am sure that you have made a mistake installing something.

‘Is best to use CKAN to install all the mods you can, and only install by hand those mods which are not in CKAN.

‘Also, you need  to read that post mentioned above by @James Kerman.  If you are going to use mods, you WILL need to provide log files when you run into problems.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

That’s your problem.  Without the logs I can say exactly what’s wrong, but I am sure that you have made a mistake installing something.

‘Is best to use CKAN to install all the mods you can, and only install by hand those mods which are not in CKAN.

‘Also, you need  to read that post mentioned above by @James Kerman.  If you are going to use mods, you WILL need to provide log files when you run into problems.

Ok ill get CKAN thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, LGG. Is it a bug with CKAN not updating its definitions that Toolbar Controller doesn't show as compatible in 1.12.3, or has it genuinely not been updated to the point release yet? Thanks. I've had CKAN just not show compatibility for things that are compatible many times in the past, so I figure it's that.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I think your problem was that the ClickThroughBlocker was only up to 1.12.2, and TC depends on it.  I just told Spacedock that it's 1.12.3 compatible, so give it a few minutes, refresh and it should work

Aha! I see that on my end now, but it still won't let me install (despite me having 1.12.3). Looks like I'm up for a reinstall on my end. Thanks, LGG! You're a gem.

EDIT: Didn't work. Still won't let me install. I guess I'll just add 1.12.0 compatibility to my list and roll the dice.

EDIT: Even manually forcing  compatibility for 1.12, 1.12.1, and 1.12.2, several things refuse to let me install them, despite being listed as compatible with at least one of them. Dang it, CKAN. I really don't want to have to go back to the days of manual management.

Edited by BrobDingnag

• 3 months later...
On 5/26/2022 at 2:48 AM, LTL King said:

How do you resize and reorganize items on the stock toolbar

Resize the buttons by going into the pause -> settings menu and adjusting "App scale:"

Spoiler

duejVBq.png

I don't know of any mod that let's you change the button order but you can disable buttons you don't need using Janitor's closet or Adjustable Mod Panel (use one or the other - trying to change buttons using both will cause errors):

and this mod can be used to control some mods behaviour and decide whether they appear on the stock toolbar or the "blizzy" toolbar (if installed). Not all mods support the alternative toolbar.

EDIT: About ordering icons on Stock toolbar. KAMP has a pin icon feature that lets you choose some icons to have "priority" on the toolbar. This means they will appear above unpinned icons on vertical toolbars or to the right of unpinned icons on horizontal toolbars. The ordering of the pinned icons is not user configurable however.

Edited by Aelfhe1m
additional info about KAMP

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.