AJE Extended Configs v2.0.4 - KSP version 1.8+

Citizen247

1 hour ago, Citizen247 said:

I'll take a look, I'm getting back after a big absence due to "life". I think the only thing I could possibly desire from base AJE is a turboprop config, rather than trying to hammer piston engines to due turboprop engines. I keep meaning to have a look myself but the code is a little beyond me.

I wrote the propeller code to be specifically independent of piston engines, it just requires a ITorqueProvider module. Probably just need to tweak SolverJet a bit to make it output torque and only minimal thrust. @blowfishwill know better than I about that.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I downloaded this mod to use ckan, only the L-12 Liberty engine was added to the game and when I downloaded it manually, the game could not load the AJEE file (it was loading for over an hour) Do you know what I did wrong? (Your English may be wrong because i'm writing comments using a translator.)

Edited by owin0116

I wanted to download this mod, so I downloaded it using ckan (along with FAR and AJE and real fuels and CCK), and only the L-12 Liberty engine was added to the game and the rest of the engines included in this mod were not added.

So I downloaded all mods manually again because I thought it was a bug in Ckan, but now the game can't load AJEE's file.

How do I install this mod correctly?

(My English may not be smooth because I use a translator.)

2 hours ago, owin0116 said:

I wanted to download this mod, so I downloaded it using ckan (along with FAR and AJE and real fuels and CCK), and only the L-12 Liberty engine was added to the game and the rest of the engines included in this mod were not added.

So I downloaded all mods manually again because I thought it was a bug in Ckan, but now the game can't load AJEE's file.

How do I install this mod correctly?

(My English may not be smooth because I use a translator.)

If you have CCK the engines are added to  custom categories lower down in the parts list. Are you sure they're not there?

Most of the prop engines also require other mods, such as Airplane Plus.

Edited by Citizen247

13 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

If you have CCK the engines are added to  custom categories lower down in the parts list. Are you sure they're not there?

Most of the prop engines also require other mods, such as Airplane Plus.

Thank you for your quick reply. Downloading Air plane plus solved the problem. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

A lot of the engines seem to assume improbable prop diameters at least in the CKAN installation. Like for example the Durraqc single cylinder requires ~200 m/s airflow to actually reach its power rating of 10 hp and has a prop diameter of 2.59 meters and peak rpm static of around 300 instead of the 1000-1500 it should have. Am I doing something wrong or is this engine either misconfigured or was made IRL with no hope of ever flying?

It managed an impressive(ly terrible) 81 N  (=~17 lb) of thrust in my test on an ultralite trike and barely got it to rotation speed over a 2 km runway. The vehicle didn't actually lift off. 2 Brakeshaft horsepower and much much less actual thrust power. I can probably pedal a propeller harder than this can push.

So... am I doing something wrong or was this engine just historically built with a prop 8 feet wide on a lawnmower motor?

Edited by Pds314

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that the engines use stock velocity curves and atmospheric curves for thrust defined in the common templates config file. How does this interact with AJE engine simulation? Are the curves the final multipliers applied after AJE's simulation results?

I tried messing with the props, making a version of the DR I prop scaled down for lawnmower engines, and it makes the small engines lovely. The one issue is that they aren't compatible with scaled down stock landing gears because of excessive rolling resistance, but using modded landing gears these little engines are great for making ultralights (well, by weight and fuel capacity anyway. 12.3 m/s as an upper limit for stall speed seems kinda annoying and I am definitely not adding enough drag to prevent the craft from going over 28.3 m/s. As a sidenote, I would be shocked if there aren't combinations of paramotor and wing that end up allowing maximum level flight speeds over this limit IRL).

I wanna make an MM patch that creates selectable configs of them with different props, while maintaining the original DR I prop, but I'm not sure how to get MM to give me a config selection thingy.

Edited by Pds314

16 hours ago, Pds314 said:

I wanna make an MM patch that creates selectable configs of them with different props, while maintaining the original DR I prop, but I'm not sure how to get MM to give me a config selection thingy.

I don't think tah MM alon would be able to give you selectable configs, but B9 part switch or firespitter might be able to provide something close to what you are seek for.
Try to look at B9 switch, it might provide better info how to write MM patch for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.