Star Wars Episode VIII (8) the Last Jedi Discussion

Kerbal01

Just now, GoSlash27 said:

PackledHostage,

I'm sure that some of the negative reviews were politically motivated, hence why I don't agree that it was worse than the prequels. But of the 160,000 reviewers, I don't think that very many were trolls.

No, and I didn't say that they were. But the initial audience reviews tend to be by passionate individuals who probably aren't that objective, and it settles down after a while to something more representative. And beyond that, we seem to agree that there is evidence that at least some percentage of the bad reviews are politically motivated.

2 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Really? I need to pull TFA and watch again. If this is accurate, I abandon my position. I knew Rey had a brief moment of getting used to the controls but if this was her first time flying, then yeah major disappointment with the corporate decision making process.  

Well, there was effort, but she's put an completely unfamiliar spacecraft model, which, under the hood, was nothing like a stock YT-1300, and made it do things that it shouldn't have. That was some preternatural flying from a first-timer.

Just now, PakledHostage said:

No, and I didn't say that they were. But the initial audience reviews tend to be by passionate individuals who probably aren't that objective, and it settles down after a while to something more representative. And beyond that, we seem to agree that there is evidence that at least some percentage of the bad reviews are politically motivated.

Yes but not that many no more than 7% MOST LIKLEY. I saw it on opening day, It was initially a 3 1/2 star for me. Now I give it a 1 1/2

1 minute ago, DDE said:

Well, there was effort, but she's put an completely unfamiliar spacecraft model, which, under the hood, was nothing like a stock YT-1300, and made it do things that it shouldn't have. That was some preternatural flying from a first-timer.

Exactly Han and Lando never really did anything like that. 

Just now, DDE said:

You've asked ten times, and nobody responded. Can't you take a hint?

It's a Yes or No thing.

2 minutes ago, PakledHostage said:

And beyond that, we seem to agree that there is evidence that at least some percentage of the bad reviews are politically motivated.

Han shot first.

5 minutes ago, DDE said:

Han shot first.

Han was the only one who shot. Greedo never had a chance :D

And again, I'm not really interested in delving into the politics involved. I'm just saying that the screenplay and directing are hampered by those considerations to the point that they can't make a good hero epic movie.

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

Just now, DDE said:

That explains A lot 

It makes me... honestly Sad that these writers put a Political Message into a movie and then get mad when the fans get mad that they just can't watch their favorite movie series without politics. I don't think people get it anymore. People don't want to be surrounded by politics. They can easily turn on CNN or Fox Or MSNBC or whatever they want very easily so watching Political Star Wars doesn't make them happy. 

I don't care if Rey is a snail. (Kind of do but) I just want a Star Wars movie.

3 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

That explains A lot 

The political issues with TLJ go partly from Johnson but partly from Kathleen Kennedy herself. The latter is rumoured to have a gender chip on her shoulder.

And there're whispers Disney is already preparing for the Solo movie to bomb following a massive reshoot effort.

1 minute ago, DDE said:

The political issues with TLJ go partly from Johnson but partly from Kathleen Kennedy herself. The latter is rumoured to have a gender chip on her shoulder.

And there're whispers Disney is already preparing for the Solo movie to bomb following a massive reshoot effort.

Star Wars fans should start a fund to re do Ep VII and VIII. (Sort of joking)

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

What's that 

A crowdfunded project big enough to get Mark Hamill onboard and back behind a Starfighter stick.

Edited by DDE

4 minutes ago, DDE said:

Kathleen Kennedy

^ This.

And yeah, I thought Rogue One was passable. I just wish they hadn't lightened it up so much. The characters seemed awfully unconcerned that they were dying. Made it hard for me to care.
Of course, doing it the way I would've preferred might have narrowed the market too much.

Best,
-Slashy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.