Nice shout-out from the mars curiosity team [reddit link]

kafktastic

It's really cool to see the Curiosity team play (and love) KSP :D

I was giddy when i read it. Which is weird since my total involvement with this program is playing it. Kudos to ky1e for asking the question and Squad for not making this the entirety of the forum. Because if they had said they were playing my game, it'd be my facebook status update for, i don't know, maybe the next 6 months or so :)

Ever play the game Kerbal Space Program?

[–]CuriosityMarsRover 356 points 3 hours ago

A few team members yes, and those who do love it. Adorable. - SLS

see? even the real rocket scientists play KSP now.

Was that one of the JPL guys complaining about how hard KSP is? Please say yes, because I won't feel so incompetent if actual rocket scientists struggle with it. :)

Not everyone who works at JPL is a rocket scientist and not all rocket scientists have an aptitude for piloting. You need some of both to be really good at KSP.

Spent a decent chunk of time yesterday reading though the thread (was 2am where I was when the AMA started), made my day when I randomly stumbled upon the commments about KSP! Great to know some of the crew at NASA enjoy it too :) I can imagine the feeling of acomplishment/awesome the team must be feeling right now.

I'm an Engineer and I like KSP too.. well I'm not a rocket engineer, just mechanical. I've got Orbiter, but it's more of a hyper-realistic space simulator. That's great and all, but it's not so much creative as just hardcore simulating things.

The thing I like about KSP is the creativity and slightly simplified nature of the game. The interface is a lot easier, things you need are right there, and this isn't even complete yet and it has all this. I do also like the ability to create and customize my ships. It's interesting to look at each person's ships they produce and see the different priorities and outcomes from similar goals.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.