Multiple clicks cycle through possible results

Sorry for the cryptic title, I have been playing `Oxygen not Included` and the default behaviour for the mouse, if there are multiple items under your pointer, is to cycle through the options with each click. This behaviour is very very good.

For example, on one square you might have copper, a pipe, an electrical wire, and a ladder. First click you select the copper and can choose an action to do with it, next click you select the pipe, then the wire, then the ladder. No item is unavailable to be clicked on, the only input from the user is a click.

This is needed in KSP, especially in the map view.

If you have two craft 3km from each other then you just cannot switch craft reliably. You are too far to use [ and ] and you are told to use the map.

When you use the map you cannot zoom in far enough for the craft to appear distinct so you cannot click on the other craft.

Instead you must exit the flight screen, go to KSC, enter the map view there, then select your craft from the list, then select to control it.

This is just not good in any way.

If multiple clicks cycled through possible results then you would click twice in the map view to select the other craft and switch.

Much better. More like the behaviour I would expect from a game that has been released...

EDIT : This would also be handy if you have a manoeuvrer node and other items too close to separate.

Edited by John FX

Been thinking about this since you posted it, and never had anything to offer till now.

Instead of multiple clicks, as we all know clicking randomly can cause bad things to happen, why not have a single popup that lists all the vessels in the area.  So then we only have to click once to get the list, and then a second time to choose.  

Right clicking the icon and having a list of "vessels in vicinity" would be my preferred solution.  

Its good feedback like this that would've been useful after they had added all the content in alpha and were working on polishing the game during the 10 minutes it spent in Beta.

10 hours ago, klesh said:

Right clicking the icon and having a list of "vessels in vicinity" would be my preferred solution.  

Its good feedback like this that would've been useful after they had added all the content in alpha and were working on polishing the game during the 10 minutes it spent in Beta.

I also suggested this when the game was still in Alpha...

I use the suggestion forum more to point out the failings of Squad rather than having any confidence that anything posted here will make it into the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.