To Con-Ker(bal) the Stars!

Carthaginian

What a game!!! :confused:

You fire this thing up asking yourself "How hard can this be? I mean, you're shooting little green men into space on cartoon rocket ships!"

18 hours (and countless dead Kerbonauts) later, you're scouring the 'Net for how-to videos on how to achieve orbit, reading up on centers of gravity and control surfaces and downloading satellite mods so you don't feel bad about leaving the little :(s to asphyxiate or freeze to death! Your significant other begins to doubt your sanity as she heads off for bed while you triumphantly declare that you have now achieved a near-circular orbit and will soon conquer the stars! First Mun, then Minmus, THEN THE ENTIRE GALAXY (as soon as they get around to adding it)!

This is quite possibly the most addictive game I have played in a long time, and definitely the most addictive one for <$20! The modding community means that as soon as you download the game you're probably not going to be playing it stock, and that even if development stopped tomorrow this game would live for a long time.

So, I'm now off to read one of the many tutorials about how to run a Munshot, and to prep a heavy-lifter/satellite combo for a recon mission/practice run.:cool:

Sounds very familiar. Just last night I downloaded the demo after reading a post on Reddit and started playing soon after. The wifey was asking if I was coming to bed soon and I specifically remembered saying, yes dear, will be in bed in a couple of minutes. Minutes turned into hours and I found myself sneaking into the bedroom in the wee hours of the morning. Scary this game is, scary. Well, this morning I'm $14 poorer but I'm all smiles. :)

Welcome to the Kerbal Space Program Forums!

Yes, this game is extremely addicting. I remember stumbling upon it back in July. I retreated into my cave and wasn't seen for the next week or so, only coming out for refreshments. The game has advanced quite a bit thanks to the fantastic work by Squad, and its only going to get better.

Enjoy your stay on the forums, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

- Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Radion

What a game!!! :confused:

You fire this thing up asking yourself "How hard can this be? I mean, you're shooting little green men into space on cartoon rocket ships!"

18 hours (and countless dead Kerbonauts) later, you're scouring the 'Net for how-to videos on how to achieve orbit, reading up on centers of gravity and control surfaces and downloading satellite mods so you don't feel bad about leaving the little :(s to asphyxiate or freeze to death! Your significant other begins to doubt your sanity as she heads off for bed while you triumphantly declare that you have now achieved a near-circular orbit and will soon conquer the stars! First Mun, then Minmus, THEN THE ENTIRE GALAXY (as soon as they get around to adding it)!

This is quite possibly the most addictive game I have played in a long time, and definitely the most addictive one for <$20! The modding community means that as soon as you download the game you're probably not going to be playing it stock, and that even if development stopped tomorrow this game would live for a long time.

So, I'm now off to read one of the many tutorials about how to run a Munshot, and to prep a heavy-lifter/satellite combo for a recon mission/practice run.:cool:

Well, I'm very happy to see someone else in love with KSP and having fun! Welcome to the forums Carth, if you need anything, just let the team know!

-DR