Did you heard about that game it should be a bit like KSP

Pawelk198604

No offense, but it looks like it's as similar to KSP as No Man's Sky is similar to KSP. The only thing similar about them is they're both sort of about space travel, but they're very different types of games. Initiative: Red Dawn looks like a lite real-time strategy game mixed with a business management sim, and KSP is a vessel design and physics flight sim with practically no business management and zero RTS elements.

Once upon a time it sounded like KSP Career Mode might be more like this game (as far as managing the business of running a space agency, at least), but KSP never really figured out what to do with its Career Mode.

Initiative: Red Dawn looks like it might have some potential to be a fun multiplayer space race game, but it doesn't look like its doing too well. It didn't meet its Kickstarter Goal, but the devs have said they're still working on it with less bells and whistles. That was in November of last yeat and I haven't found any news from them since. At that time they also said they wanted to have a demo out for youtubers and streamers available by January, but that doesn't seem like it's happened.

Maybe Initiative: Red Dawn will eventually be available, and it might possibly be good if you like management sims with RTS elements.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

It's not great on a desktop either.  The whole site changed whenever I scrolled and I couldn't really even tell what was going on.

I agree. The Kickstarter page is a bit easier to understand, and I think the trailer there shows what the game is going for. The Kickstarter page and trailer are what I used to determine that this game is focusing on the RTS and management simulation side of running a space agency as opposed to KSP's focus on rocket/vessel design and piloting simulation.

To me, the idea of this new game would be better compared to something like the Sid Meier's Civilization series than to KSP. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but if you're looking for more KSP I don't think this would scratch that itch.

13 minutes ago, bonyetty said:

Thanks. The physics simulation keeps me interested in KSP. This seems more like a management simulation which is not as appealing to me. 

agreed, also not interesting to me, since im playing KSP (with mods of course...) i cant make a step back, to be honest this game looks like two steps back ( also with consideration that it is another genre...)

It feels more like the Buzz Aldrin game. A few things that dawned on me:

• Kickstarter. The succesrate at kickstarter seems very low. 
  • Cool graphics do not automatically make a cool game
  • The graphics are a bit disjointed. The buildings have an entirely different style than the ships, there are cartoonish "talent" graphics and less cartoonish personel graphics, etc. So not a lot of serious work has been done. If everything works out, and that's a really big if, you're not going to see anything playable for at least 2-3 years, is my guess.

I wouldn't have stellar expectations. And yeah, then there's No Man's Sky as an example.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.