My mouse cursor disappears

So here's a fun one.

I use basic mods: KAC, KER, MechJeb 2, Chatterer, and [x] Science.  I think they've finally caught up to version 1.4, but now I'm hitting a really weird glitch.

When I do something to cause a new window to pop up in my game's interface, my mouse cursor will sometimes and unpredictably disappear.  This has happened while modifying Kerbal Alarm Clock windows or even just mousing over the base game icons (like the mission button) to cause a window to pop up.  The only way I can get the cursor back is to restart the game.

I'm running KSP in Linux/Steam using an Ubuntu-based OS.  I've tried verifying the local game files but so far that hasn't fixed the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

When you say you think they've finally caught up to 1.4, have you checked the threads themselves?  You know Steam won't update your mods for you, right?

I would go stock, verify it's not happening there, then go to each mod's thread.  Verify it's reported as working in 1.4.1, then install the current release.  Once the problem re-appears, you've found the culprit.

I have a feeling you've got one or more outdated mods.

I've played a bit of stock 1.4.1 in Linux Mint 18.3, and haven't had that problem.

I have same issue. I have a ton of mods, but this bug has happened when I click on Toolbar, Alarm Clock, RemoteTech. I don't think it's specific to any one mod. My console log didn't really show anything useful either. There aren't any input locks. Quitting to main menu does not solve the problem once the pointer disappears. I have to restart the game.

Ubuntu 17.10 Build 1.4.1.2089

I am on Nixos ... and hence can't play at all (yet) :)  But I would kindly ask you guys to bisect by (repeatedly) pulling half of the suspected mods and testing. Or starting from clean state (move everything out of gamedata, except Squad) and moving half of them back until you catch the mod that does it. Probably there is one, that has not been ported to 1.4.1 causing this.

Same issue here:

running kubuntu 16.04, ksp 1.4.1 with kerbal alarm clock 3.9.0.0 and Kerbal Engineer Redux. Whenever i mouse over the KAC window, my mouse disappear after I move it out of the KAC window.

Pressing escape does not fix it for me.

4 hours ago, bkerman said:

To me it seems that the bug occurs when the cursor changes to a "resize" or "move window" icon, then tries to change back to the regular cursor, it disappears.

Can confirm.  I used CKAN to disable all outdated mods (KAC is nominally up to date) and it was precisely the resize cursor icon that killed the cursor.  Still haven't confirmed if this is a mod or base game bug, but I think we're hunting this problem down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anybody found a fix or a workaround for this issue ?

Shall we report this issue to Squad or to the mod creator ? It looks like this issue affects only linux players. Are there linux players using KAC whom are not affected ?

Thanks

Edited by HowlingMad

• 5 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.