Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

The CEO of Kerbus decides Kerbals need a better way of boarding airliners. A few days later the engineers came up with this highly advanced and practical ladder cart.

screenshot86.png

https://kerbalx.com/TheFlyingKerman/Boarding-Cart

Its height is adjustable by changing the authority of the control surfaces.

Even better Kerbus is doing a promotion. You get one of these (each costing 4266000) for ordering every 15 K-380-400 jumbo jets.

9 minutes ago, TheFlyingKerman said:

“You get one of these (each costing 4266000) for ordering every 15 K-380-400 jumbo jets.”

Isn't 4.27 (rounded) million a little too... much for airstairs? I mean I understand the rule of Craft Price x 1000, but still. I would like to disagree in this one particular instance. Seems like it should be 426,600. (Craft x 100)

But that's just my opinion.

Here, have a P4120 for listening to my rant: https://kerbalx.com/PhaseSpaceAdministration/Phase-Aviation-P-4-120

Copy it, fiddle with it, reverse engineer it, idc. Just give credit if you make something out of it.

Edited by kingstevenrules

11 hours ago, CrazyJebGuy said:

(Passengers in Jumbo jets, 200 used to be large! Then I stepped up large to 384, 864, somebody made a 1152 and I beat them much later with 1488, then a few months later @neistridlar comes along with a 2592 (I think, it's about that))

I did even more with 7,624 passengers. I mean, it didn't qualify, but still.

Anyway, I'm submitting a craft to haul baggage and some loads that are just too big for the cargo compartments on other craft.

https://kerbalx.com/KebabKerman/LA-67

No picture due to BSOD, but it's small. Just a single- Oh, whatever, just read the description. It says what it has. Unfortunately, it only has 1,200 units of fuel, so it probably won't go too far. I'll make a larger one later.

Edited by Kebab Kerman

tfw you have a massive seaplane that goes 1100m/s but realize that it won't get a good comfort rating for its passenger load

Massive compared to my other seaplanes at least.

Edited by TheTripleAce3

On 2/26/2018 at 5:07 AM, Kernel Kraken said:

I ca't believe it took me so long, but I finally made a practical plane! The KrakenTech(tm) corperation proudly presents... (drumroll).....

THE KRAKENTECH AKP- 10 JUMBO JET!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1313717373 (the screenshot should embed, not working for some reason. maybe steam changed it, I don't know.)

This little (haha, yeah right) plane is our flagship and pinnacle of design.

Specifications: 

Passenger Capacity: 240 (10 Mk3 passenger Cabins) plus three pilots.

Cost: :funds:480,853,000 

Takeoff speed: 42 If you can pilot 

Part Count: 178

Fuel: 19375 

Range will be in soon, haven't had time to test it yet. (I fly the aircraft at the farthest it will go to find the range instead of doing the math)

Yes, we FINALLY got around to doing it.

Download link please.

25 minutes ago, Mathrilord said:

Is kerbal joint reinforcement allowed?

In the abscence of KJR, with Editor Extensions Redux, there is a toggle for 'all rigid', which is a fairly workable solution (for most cases indistinguishable to the effects of KJR) and does not require installing other mods for anyone that downloads the plane. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.