[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Nori That kinda bloat is definitely interesting. Hah. Part of the point of OPT's engines is so you don't need bigger drop tanks. And yet I'm sure I've felt the need for it too but mainly because I tend to playtest on 2.7x scale.

I don't think there's a means to address that AM tank problem. The only solution might be to stop providing AM storage. FFT's tanks easily don't have that problem because they don't offer to hold other resources.

It's not that many extra parts and you already have them in their own category assuming, uh CCK is installed. I think that's the one. Could even make another sub category with just the LH2 ones.
I also play exclusively on JNSQ so yeah on stock I highly doubt drop tanks are useful, but I like the idea of being able to shed some weight on a SSTO and it's difficult to do otherwise with OPT parts.

15 minutes ago, Nori said:

shed some weight on a SSTO

It's not an SSTO anymore if drop tanks are involved. ;)

16 minutes ago, Nori said:

Could even make another sub category with just the LH2 ones.

Easily done. Though the subcategory thing uses stock features, not CCK so you know

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

It's not an SSTO anymore if drop tanks are involved. ;)

Easily done. Though the subcategory thing uses stock features, not CCK so you know

haha, well uh, maybe I don't stage them... SSTO is tough in JNSQ.. That's how I knew the ARI engine needed work. Stuck 6 of them on a plane and within minutes I was in space with hardly any fuel used.

Ah nice. I have all the mods so I can't always tell who does what. Stock has added a lot of nice QOL features in the last couple years, so sadly I think mods do a lot of them better.

7 hours ago, Dovahkiin2132 said:

How do i add ignitions to these engines in RO?

From what I know you simply have have to do this. OPT has some RO configs already so some engines should show an ignition count already and require ElectricCharge since no ignition resource is specified. I don't play RO so I never confirmed it and don't have further knowledge to share.

@PART[myEngine]:NEEDS[RealismOverhaul]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],0 // the first engine mode
	{
		%ignitions = 0 // 0 is infinite
		%ullage = True // in case you want this too
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],1 // the second engine mode if it exists
	{
		%ignitions = 0
	}
}

Alternatively you can try this but there's a catch.

@PART[myEngine]:NEEDS[RealismOverhaul]
{
	// I don't think this works with multi-mode engines which are most of OPT's engines
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleEngineConfigs
		type = ModuleEnginesFX
		configuration = Default // replace with the name of a reference engine. No spaces please
		origMass = #$/mass$
		modded = false
		CONFIG
		{
			name = Default // replace with the name of a reference engine. No spaces please
			description = TBA //description
			specLevel = operational
			minThrust = 0
			maxThrust = #$/MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]/maxThrust$ // default max thrust
			heatProduction = #$/MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]/heatProduction$ // default heat production
			PROPELLANT
			{
				name = LqdHydrogen
				ratio = 0.7454
				DrawGauge = True
			}
			PROPELLANT
			{
				name = LqdOxygen
				ratio = 0.2546
			}

// atmosphereCurve{} needs to exist in here so do A or B, not both

// A: MM copy-paste node magic /easymode
			#/MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]/atmosphereCurve {} 

// B: manually copy-paste the atmosphereCurve{} 
			atmosphereCurve // fixme
			{
				key = 0 301
				key = 1 262.1
			}

ullage = True // ullage
			pressureFed = False
			ignitions = 1 // ignitions
			IGNITOR_RESOURCE
			{
				name = ElectricCharge
				amount = 0.5
			}
			IGNITOR_RESOURCE
			{
				name = TEATEB
				amount = 1
			}
		}
		// add another CONFIG{} if you want to change stats including fuel mix and Isp
	}

RESOURCE // add me if included above as an IGNITOR_RESOURCE
	{
		name = TEATEB
		amount = 1 // multiply by number of ignitions
		maxAmount = 1 // multiply by number of ignitions
	}
}

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, TridentVanz said:

Can the parts be displayed in the stock tabs instead of the mod tab?

The parts never left the stock category tabs (unlike what parts from some other mods do). They're always there.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RunaDacino said:

If I have both WBI and B9Partswitch, is there any way to force fuel tanks to allow B9PartSwitch as well as WBI config? Part switch is much more convenient when designing.

If you mean to use both resource switchers on a part then no, that's an actual nightmare and the switchers themselves won't like it. I've made it so the WBI switcher is optional (it was a bit of a hassle to do this) but currently I've only made it available as part of the big update I'm working on. Feel free to try it out: OPT 3.4.9.2 beta. The changelog is quite tall so be sure to read it.

If you use TURD then TURD gets broken, sorry.

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

If you mean to use both resource switchers on a part then no, that's an actual nightmare and the switchers themselves won't like it. I've made it so the WBI switcher is optional (it was a bit of a hassle to do this) but currently I've only made it available as part of the big update I'm working on. Feel free to try it out: OPT 3.4.9.2 beta. The changelog is quite tall so be sure to read it.

If you use TURD then TURD gets broken, sorry.

Sweet and awesome, that's a very fast reply!

Thank you very much.