[1.12.x] Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

Is there any way that the stock recolour patches could be changed to continue despite ReStock being installed if RestockIgnore on the part is true. 

If they have a default value you could even check for ReStock(installed)&RestockIgnore = False

As it stands the mod is being force disabled with the blacklist

Edited by Spartwo

@Spartwo Yes, it is technically possible to have both stock and restock models available and maintain the recolour functionality on stock parts unless things have changed. Not sure if anyone ever did it but it needs Restock to be reconfigured so it adds everything as new parts instead of using and replacing existing part names. The blacklist would also need to become a whitelist.

It's fairly simple but time consuming as you need to handwrite each part. An example from the Restock wiki...

https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/wiki/Restoring-Stock-Parts

That's almost a polar opposite of what I was suggesting unfortunately. Sure you could homebrew a custom restock install, you can also do a custom turd install without the blacklist(as I have) but it does remain a point of incompatibility to anyone without the knowhow to mod or working off CKAN

Edited by Spartwo

On 4/5/2024 at 3:25 PM, Orbital_phoenix said:

It is early days, but I have started work on a config and custom texture masks for making Restock recolourable:

CH4RQ8n.png

F3XlBfV.png

I cannot say when it will be ready as it will take a lot of time to create, but it is possible.

i am so sorry for saying this but ckan?

On 4/6/2024 at 12:25 AM, Orbital_phoenix said:

It is early days, but I have started work on a config and custom texture masks for making Restock recolourable:

CH4RQ8n.png

F3XlBfV.png

I cannot say when it will be ready as it will take a lot of time to create, but it is possible.

I can't wait for you to finish with that. It already looks really nice. Goodluck with it.

Can you please add this to CKAN? I found Lazy Painter, but this isn't here and quite frankly, this is a mod that deserves to be on CKAN.

Also can you add ReStock compatibility if you haven't already?

Edited by alpine488
Forgot to write it

On 6/18/2024 at 12:49 PM, alpine488 said:

Can you please add this to CKAN? I found Lazy Painter, but this isn't here and quite frankly, this is a mod that deserves to be on CKAN.

Also can you add ReStock compatibility if you haven't already?

there's already someone working on ReStock compatibility so we just have to wait.

I am very motivated to bring support for a couple extra mods to TURD. I think I understand the patch logic pretty well and I can make my config files on my own. However when it comes to making the texture masks I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do and what would be the most efficient way to do it. I understand that you need a file with paint masks and a specular map, and the latter one is the one I'm struggling with the most. I am not very familiar with image editing and not at all with video game texture editing, I've done a bit of photoshop but usually I stick to paint.net for the very simple stuff I do. So how do you get your part_Spec.dds from the original part.dds texture is my question I guess. I don't expect a fully detailed tutorial of course but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Orbital_phoenix said:

Hey everyone, I'm still working hard on the Restock patch. Unfortunately, it will take a while due to the number of parts combined with limited free time. However, I am also working on some visual stuff as well, which will hopefully be done at the same time. All still very WIP.

PBWnjsz.jpeg

DPzhDaq.jpeg

hey, your mod looks really cool, but do you have an estimate for the release date? and if possible, even if the mod is not finished, could you upload the "alpha" version (besides I think opening a discord where people could offer their help would be a good idea)

3 hours ago, Orbital_phoenix said:

Hey everyone, I'm still working hard on the Restock patch. Unfortunately, it will take a while due to the number of parts combined with limited free time. However, I am also working on some visual stuff as well, which will hopefully be done at the same time. All still very WIP.

PBWnjsz.jpeg

DPzhDaq.jpeg

Also! if you have the time to quickly explain to me how to create the configs and textures I could happily help you

7 hours ago, Orbital_phoenix said:

PBWnjsz.jpeg

DPzhDaq.jpeg

Awaiting this config with bated breath, as I can't decide if I like restock or TURD better and having both would honestly be a feat on par with Paralax or Volumetric Clouds, in terms of how this game looks. You're doing the Kraken's work my son!

If you have time, as others have asked for, please let us know how we as a community can help you, and also when you expect to have a version of your config patch finished!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the TURD configs to turn on by default. The config I've made is mechanically functional, but it does have one big problem. When I try to change the default variant for a part that uses the stock variants system, the texture appears black in the parts menu. This is the code I used:

@PART[roverBody_v2]:AFTER[zzzz_Something_after_P_because_]:NEEDS[TexturesUnlimited&!Restock]
{
    @MODULE[ModulePartVariants]
    {
        @baseVariant = roverBody_v2_Recolour_Normal
    }
}

When the part gets placed, the texture works, but it's blank in the menu. Do you know if there's a way to fix this? Is there some kind of workaround I could use?