Is Test Flight still supported, or is there a replacement for it?

I'm working on getting an RSS/RO/RP-0 1.3.1 install running.  So far, so good -- I'm launching from Canaveral, White Sands, and Wallops Island, got a tech tree that looks like a bowl of spaghetti processed to orthogonalize the strands, got engines that run on stuff like IRFNA/Aniline/Furfural and Ethanol 75/LOX, rockets that only respond when they're close enough to a control antenna, and a starting date of 1951-01-01.

Grayduster, whose YouTube videos from earlier this year inspired me to try to set this up and play a career in it, seems to also have Test Flight -- which simulates part failures and tracks flight history of parts, increasing their reliability as you fly them more.  I went to try to install that, and it seems the latest version I can find is for KSP 1.2.2, and doesn't work (as in, game closes on load) in 1.3.1 with RSS/RO/RP-0/Remote Tech.

Removing Test Flight allows the game to run normally with the mods seeming to function correctly.

I went to GitHub, and it appears that the Master branch was last updated about a year ago -- so where did Grayduster get a working Test Flight?

I also use 1.3.1 with RSS although I do not use Realism overhaul. As far as part failures Dang It! is fully up to date and can be configured to change the reliability of parts although it may have the opposite of what you want as the mod page says "The more you use a part, the less reliable it will become: so don't be too throttle happy with those mainsails!" so you may not want it. That might be able to be configured so that reliability does not decrease but I am not sure as I have not personally used it myself.

Moving to Add-on Discussions.

Though it's worth noting that if you have a question about a particular mod, the best place to ask is usually in that mod's thread, since that's where all the expert users (and author!) of the mod generally hang out.  ;)

I'll check Dang It!, but it sounds like it's giving a chance of failure based on actual burn time accumulated on a single example of an engine.  Test Flight is (was) supposed to keep track of how many times a component type (like a Swivel) had been flown and "accumulate flight data" that the folks building the things could use to make it more reliable over time.  Those are opposite sides of the same coin, and Test Flight also does/did what Dang It! does, if I'm reading your description correctly -- engines have a rated burn time, and their failure chance rises precipitately if you burn past that time.  So, if you run an A-4 engine longer than the 54 seconds it had with the original A-4 tanks, it becomes much more likely to fail -- except that if you've flown twenty A-4 engines, you might have "learned things" that will let you burn one for two minutes instead of almost as minute.

@SnarkI looked at the mod's thread first, which is where I saw that the last update was for 1.2.2 and got the link to GitHub, where I saw that there hasn't been a change in about a year.  I'll go ahead over there and ask, anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.