[1.12.x] Bob's Panic Box

linuxgurugamer

So I'm getting an abort message due to a fairing explosion when I first load rockets for launch (using procedural fairings). These are all unmanned rockets so I don't have an actual abort sequence programmed so it is more a nuisance message at this point. Is there a way to delay the start of Bob's until the flight scene has stabilized?

Edited by GrubbyZebra

1 hour ago, GrubbyZebra said:

So I'm getting an abort message due to a fairing explosion when I first load rockets for launch (using procedural fairings). These are all unmanned rockets so I don't have an actual abort sequence programmed so it is more a nuisance message at this point. Is there a way to delay the start of Bob's until the flight scene has stabilized?

It is supposed to wait.

So, a craft file and a log file are needed to diagnose  the problem

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.0.1.7

• Fixed issue with explosions being detected on the launchpad before launching
  • Added dependency checking

Sweet! 

A suggestion if I may: would it be possible to have the AOA check automatically disable if outside of an atmosphere without having to turn off all of Bob's? (realistically there is no AOA without an atmosphere, but I doubt this is how KSP is programmed)

I have a few ships that I would like to still run aborts on if an explosion takes pace prior to reaching a stable orbit, but the AOA checker will trigger as soon as I start turning to point maneuver prograde.

35 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Sweet! 

A suggestion if I may: would it be possible to have the AOA check automatically disable if outside of an atmosphere without having to turn off all of Bob's? (realistically there is no AOA without an atmosphere, but I doubt this is how KSP is programmed)

I have a few ships that I would like to still run aborts on if an explosion takes pace prior to reaching a stable orbit, but the AOA checker will trigger as soon as I start turning to point maneuver prograde.

I'll look at it, right now I'm busy with another mod

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 1:14 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.0.1.5

• Fixed bug with decoupling and undocking.  After decouple or undock, new vessel had a mission time of 0, thereby sometimes reactiving the mod in deep space
  • Changed min version to be 1.4.3

My apologies to anybody on 1.4.1 or 1.4.2.  The fix for this bug required a new method which was only added for 1.4.3

@Waldwolf  This should fix your problem, please let me know

Sorry, I haven't played in a while because I'm currently writing my master's thesis but my problem was solved in the versions before.

And I found a new bug.

When you don't have the applauncher button activated and you click on the paw button in flight the window opens and only the "Activate" button is visible.

The rest of the window is completely empty so you can't change anything and to exit you have to click the paw button again.

This does not happen when you active the the applauncher button nor when you only activate the applauncher button.

Something else that's strange in my opinion is that the default values for AoA and abort deactivation on altitude are not used when you reset the PanicBox to default values.

No matter what is set when you click the "set to default button" those sliders will not be changed.

Also is it perhaps possible to get the textboxes we have for the applauncher / paw button window for the default values? e.g. for the altitude, neg. vel. values, etc.

Test environment used:

I'm sorry but I had no time to update KSP so this is on 1.4.4. Win x64. Edit: Did the Test on 1.4.5 and it's the same there.

Installed mods (from CKAN):

{
            "name": "ClickThroughBlocker",
            "version": "0.1.6.7"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModuleManager",
            "version": "3.0.7"
        },
        {
            "name": "BobsPanicBox",
            "version": "0.0.1.8"
        },
        {
            "name": "ToolbarController",
            "version": "1:0.1.6.10"
        }

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hura0s73wcey0y1/output_log.txt?dl=0

Picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zo9zip6nnbfh0v/180803.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Waldwolf

1 hour ago, Waldwolf said:

nd I found a new bug.

When you don't have the applauncher button activated and you click on the paw button in flight the window opens and only the "Activate" button is visible.

The rest of the window is completely empty so you can't change anything and to exit you have to click the paw button again.

This does not happen when you active the the applauncher button nor when you only activate the applauncher button.

I'll look into this

Something else that's strange in my opinion is that the default values for AoA and abort deactivation on altitude are not used when you reset the PanicBox to default values.

No matter what is set when you click the "set to default button" those sliders will not be changed

Sounds like a bug, will check it out

Also is it perhaps possible to get the textboxes we have for the applauncher / paw button window for the default values? e.g. for the altitude, neg. vel. values, etc

I don't understand, please elaborate on this

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:
2 hours ago, Waldwolf said:

Also is it perhaps possible to get the textboxes we have for the applauncher / paw button window for the default values? e.g. for the altitude, neg. vel. values, etc

I don't understand, please elaborate on this

Well when you configure the panicbox in VAB, SPH or Flight you have those cool textboxes for all sliders except Neg-Vel-Limit, High-G-Limit and Max AoA, so you can enter any value you want.

When you want to quickly get an exact value or just one not covered by the slider just use the textbox.

When you set up the default values in the difficulty settings you have no textbox for any value.

So you can't set the default values to a value not covered by the sliders like in the other window.

Say I want to set the default timeout time to 900s or a disable at altitude higher than 100km I can't do that at the moment.

So I'd like to know if it's possible to get those textboxes in that menu, too.

1 minute ago, Waldwolf said:

When you set up the default values in the difficulty settings you have no textbox for any value.

So you can't set the default values to a value not covered by the sliders like in the other window.

Say I want to set the default timeout time to 900s or a disable at altitude higher than 100km I can't do that at the moment.

So I'd like to know if it's possible to get those textboxes in that menu, too.

No, you can't, it's a limitation of the Settings methods.

What you would have to do is to edit the save file and make those changes directly.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, you can't, it's a limitation of the Settings methods.

Well that's a shame.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What you would have to do is to edit the save file and make those changes directly.

Thanks for the info I might do that for the timeout time as I usually don't want the panicbox to disable by time but just by altitude.

Do you happen to know what the maximum value for that is? Just in case I timewarp on the launchpad again and forget about the armed panicbox.

15 minutes ago, Waldwolf said:

Well that's a shame.

Thanks for the info I might do that for the timeout time as I usually don't want the panicbox to disable by time but just by altitude.

Do you happen to know what the maximum value for that is? Just in case I timewarp on the launchpad again and forget about the armed panicbox.

If you edit the save file directly, maximums don't apply.

36 minutes ago, Waldwolf said:

Well that's a shame.

It doesn't start watching the time until the vessel is launched.

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It doesn't start watching the time until the vessel is launched.

Yea, I just tested that. Nevermind. I recently had an unplanned disassembly on the launchpad after I timewarped to a perfect Mun window and I don't know why, but I thought BPB had something to do with it.

Probably just came out of timewarp too abruptly.

But it's still good to know where the limits are. Never know how much I'll misuse the mod. I already got some idea to use it as an automatic abort for a space station. Just in case I'll dock too hard... again.

Edited by Waldwolf

15 hours ago, Waldwolf said:

And I found a new bug.

Found and fixed this.  Would have been easier if you had provided a log file

15 hours ago, Waldwolf said:

No matter what is set when you click the "set to default button" those sliders will not be changed.

Took a while to realize that the AoA you were referring to was the disable at altitude.  These are confirmed and fixed,will release later today

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Found and fixed this.  Would have been easier if you had provided a log file

Thank you. And if you tell me what's wrong with the one I linked (which is the one mentioned in the "how-to-get-support" and was created specifically for this bugreport by running the vanilla test version reproducing the errors) I'll do better next time.

17 hours ago, Waldwolf said:

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Took a while to realize that the AoA you were referring to was the disable at altitude.  These are confirmed and fixed,will release later today

Sorry English is not my first language. I'll try to remember and be more precise in the future.

New release, 0.0.1.9

• Fixed nullref which was causing an empty popup when toolbar buttons were disabled and the window was opened using the PAW menu
  • Fixed resetting to default values for the following:
    • ignoreAoAAboveAltitudeKm
    • disableAtAltitudeKm 
  • Fixed default values not being set properly upon first run in Flight mode
  • Fixed default values not being set properly upon first run in Editor mode
  • Moved ResetToDefault() method into the AbortValues class to simplify code a bit

6 hours ago, Waldwolf said:

Thank you. And if you tell me what's wrong with the one I linked (which is the one mentioned in the "how-to-get-support" and was created specifically for this bugreport by running the vanilla test version reproducing the errors) I'll do better next time.

Absolutely nothing, I didn't see it.  Sorry.

6 hours ago, Waldwolf said:

Sorry English is not my first language. I'll try to remember and be more precise in the future.

Not a big deal.  You provided all necessary information to replicate it and I was able to fix it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.