We are probes. Talk in SSTV.

LaydeeDem

• 4 weeks later...
Very interesting, but please more information how make and use it !

What's TX mode Robot 36 ?

Do you use telemetry mod ?

No. It's SSTV. You take an image and convert it to sound, and vise versa, they use it on the ISS, it was part of the Portal 2 ARG, and there is a secret SSTV on Duna. Here's a good program to get started with:

http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmsstv.php

@trbinsc: I'm also running MacOS, so I'd be interested to know which program you used?... I tried to run the program Nutt007 linked with Wine/X11, but it only worked partially. Also, how do you get such a sharp picture? Mine are all blurry and corrupted...

I used a program called MultiMode. It was hard to get working right, and I ended up having to play the sound through iTunes while holding my earbud up to the microphone. Then I took a screenshot of the image produced after I adjusted it using the sliders. To encode images, I just chose an image and hit TX while recording system audio with another program.

Thanks for the MultiMode and earbud tips! Using the slider, I was finally able to have a clean pic :)

So, here's your transmission:

Curiosity's Mast!

a1bIg.jpg

EDIT: here goes my submission! This recording arrived at KSC last night... Enjoy decoding it!

EDIT 2: Couldn't resist making a second one right away... Have some live footage from the crew! :)

EDIT 3: oops, those sounds were on "private" setting... fixed now.

Edited by Enture

Yay, the game continues! You got both right (the first one was a separation, between orbiter and lander probes launched together), and I just decoded your rover's latest transmission:

•That's a nice, large lander stage! You landed on the icecap, right?

9pZUe.jpg

A small digression from KSP, but it's definitely space-related! Will you recognize it?

I downloaded MMSSTV, TX tab I imported my image, the "Robot 36" is selected, and I click the red TX bottom left.

But apart from a modulated sound, my image is not changed and remains identical to the original.:kiss:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33397[/ATTACH]

It's Sun. Right?

Right, but with something special... What is it? :)

@pisabh, the modulated sound you obtain *is* the riddle you have to post here. We then decode it into your original image. So you have to record this modulated sound, one way or the other (Audacity, or whatever)

Hehe, that's a nice shot! Is that the Kosmos pack?

98hv5.jpg
My first SSTV file picture + sound ! Thanks, i'm happy !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33401[/ATTACH]

http://tinyurl.com/ccly2ot

Looks like your track is set on "private" on Soundcloud, so we can't access it. You can change it in the track's settings. But the point here is that you only post your track, and we discover the picture, so don't post the pic right away :wink:

And hasn't any of you identified what my last transmission represented, exactly? Come on, it's not that hard...

The sun with a sunspot?

There were sunspots on the original shot, yeah, but the encoding and demodulating sort of erased them (although, I can still recognize two, near the center, when I decode it). Nope, it's not a sunspot :)

Edited by Enture