We are probes. Talk in SSTV.

LaydeeDem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
the final transmission of pyongyang-9 bop rover

http://snd.sc/12gjY8v

You do know you recorded this and KSP was running in the background, right? I can hear the music through all the beep boop SCHEEEECH of the SSTV. Just saying, it's probably not enough to cause much image noise, but it still might cause some.

Anyway, here's mine. I hope you like it. http://snd.sc/18bdY4P

You do know you recorded this and KSP was running in the background, right? I can hear the music through all the beep boop SCHEEEECH of the SSTV. Just saying, it's probably not enough to cause much image noise, but it still might cause some.

Anyway, here's mine. I hope you like it. http://snd.sc/18bdY4P

201308091036.jpg

Looks like a space station? Very nice.

201308091036.jpg

Looks like a space station? Very nice.

What computer do you use? If you use a Windows PC, and not a Mac, here's a tip:

1. Go to your volume icon in the bottom right corner, right click on it

2. Click recording devices, right click on the devices and check "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices"

3. A sound card should pop up, disable your mic by right clicking it.

4. Right click the sound card, and enable it. It is also nice to make it your default device.

Try that, and your decodes should look a heck of a lot better!

What computer do you use? If you use a Windows PC, and not a Mac, here's a tip:

1. Go to your volume icon in the bottom right corner, right click on it

2. Click recording devices, right click on the devices and check "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices"

3. A sound card should pop up, disable your mic by right clicking it.

4. Right click the sound card, and enable it. It is also nice to make it your default device.

Try that, and your decodes should look a heck of a lot better!

I'm on Linux. :)

I would do that, but I'm afraid the only option my motherboard has for a sound loop is a "stereo mix", which unfortunately only produces violent, static buzzing. That's the best I'm able to produce, by holding my old microphone against my headset. It's still just a violent buzzing, but you can at least discern what it's supposed to look like.

bOAgr5x.png

Is this an upside down Mun Base?

(sorry for double post.)

It is! It's a shot from the Navcam on Munokhod 2, slowly roving up to Munstation 1 for a quick bit of servicing (one of the wheels popped off). I've no idea why it's upside-down, though.

I would do that, but I'm afraid the only option my motherboard has for a sound loop is a "stereo mix", which unfortunately only produces violent, static buzzing. That's the best I'm able to produce, by holding my old microphone against my headset. It's still just a violent buzzing, but you can at least discern what it's supposed to look like.

Could you show me what that looks like (the stereo mix) when decoding? The stereo mix is what I have enabled, and things look quite alright.

Also depends on the media player, as I'd just found out. I was playing Sat's through VLC and it was coming in with a lot of errors and green scans. Swapped over to Winamp and it decoded perfectly clear. Try a bunch of different players.

Could you show me what that looks like (the stereo mix) when decoding? The stereo mix is what I have enabled, and things look quite alright.
Sure thing.

silly%20decoder.png

It usually doesn't get much further than this, probably because it doesn't recognize the signal as Robot.