[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

After the killing update, it really demoralised me. But rest assured that v1.0 is back in the works and I'm slowly bringing it back up to speed. The build engineer is practically done bar a few tweaks here and there, but the flight engineer is in its very early phases.

Thanks for all your hard work, cybutek - this is the one mod I can't stand to play without.

Not sure if it's been suggested before, but one thing MJ shows is intake air needed and actual intake air. That was extremely useful for planes because it basically removed the need for the altitude test flight and/or using the highly inaccurate "Resources" tab to guess when they are going to flame-out.

I had a repeating crash/freeze, where I had a large station + two ships + two orbiting fuel cans docking, and then the game would freeze. I tracked it down to the fact that multiple ships in the ridiculous docking chain had flight engineer units switched on -- toggling them off, docking them, and then saving/loading resulted in a new freeze. However, going into the .cfg files, I found and changed '_TOGGLE_FLIGHT_ENGINEER = True' to false, suspecting that it was because the flight engineer was trying to open too many windows or something.

I don't know if that's WHY setting it to false fixed anything, but no more crash behaviour.

Solved it!

If you have problems installing Kerbal Engineer, more specifically, you get greyed out items that says that you need to research them before use (which of course you have), it's because you have the old files in the Kerbal Space Program folder.

From 0.21, it was in <game directory>/parts/<parts directory>. If you edit the config files here, adding the lines mentioned by other posters ( TechRequired = start entryCost = 0 ), and save the config files, you will once again be able to place them.

You're welcome :)

This plugin appears to be compiled for NET 4.5 or something like that, but Unity only supports 3.5, so it constantly spams the Player.log with messages about there being no System.String::IsNullOrWhiteSpace. I had to remove that call and recompile it with the proper target.

I've been having problems recently where the "terrain" altitude has been *below* the sea level altitude. I noticed it first on one of the moons (can't remember which) and just pranged my lander into Kerbin a couple times at orbital velocity due to the same problem (KER showing ~1100m at sea level). Of course, I forgot to get screenshots. Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a KER-specific problem, or is the game reporting incorrect data to KER?

Ummm, on Kerbin, sea level is sea level of course, but when over the sea, "terrain level" is definitely the sea floor so it will be below sea level.

I assume that if this happened on a moon, there was a crater or something below the "sea level" of the moon, as without seas, sea level is just some arbitrary altitude.

D.

I have a (hopefully) very small request: could you display the current Biome somewhere? Maybe add it to the Surface display. Default state can even be off, or it may only be on by default in career mode or something. This would be very helpful!

Solved it!

If you have problems installing Kerbal Engineer, more specifically, you get greyed out items that says that you need to research them before use (which of course you have), it's because you have the old files in the Kerbal Space Program folder.

From 0.21, it was in <game directory>/parts/<parts directory>. If you edit the config files here, adding the lines mentioned by other posters ( TechRequired = start entryCost = 0 ), and save the config files, you will once again be able to place them.

You're welcome :)

I don't have them in my parts directory though, and I still have this problem.

I have a (hopefully) very small request: could you display the current Biome somewhere? Maybe add it to the Surface display. Default state can even be off, or it may only be on by default in career mode or something. This would be very helpful!

If you do, than please not in the Surface tab - it still collides with FAR and closes all tabs while in an atmosphere.

This is great.

It serves one of the two things I use MechJeb for when I'm not using auto-pilot. (Stats and calculations.)

I'm just curious, is there a way to lay out the in-flight window into two columns instead of one, and to reduce the font size? The window sometimes gets too large for my screen on rockets that contain a lot of stages.

May you would like a little bit more - can add MecJeb, RemoteControl etc. too.

Just edit the .cfg file.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]

{

//enables Flight Engineer on all pods and probes//

MODULE

{

name = FlightEngineer

}

//enables Build Engineer on all pods and probes//

MODULE

{

name = BuildEngineer

}

//enables Protractor on all pods and probes//

MODULE

{

name = ProtractorModule

}

}

Version 0.6.1.2 is now available!

Not a very big update as I've been pretty busy lately.

But an issue where Engineer would crash under Linux has been fixed. As well as a new impact calculation has been implemented thanks to mic_e.

For the people not being able to find the parts in the career tree. They should be in the very first node and available right from the beginning of a new career. If you've added the mod after starting the career, you may need to go into R&D, select the first node and click on the parts to unlock them. :)

I got a crash just before, here's the last lines from the game log :

• [LOG 02:03:14.886] BuildEngineer: Not primary because EditorLogic.fetch == null
    [LOG 02:03:14.888] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 0...
    [LOG 02:03:14.888] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 0
    [LOG 02:03:14.895] BuildEngineer: Not primary because EditorLogic.fetch == null
    [LOG 02:03:14.911] BuildEngineer: Not primary because EditorLogic.fetch == null
    [....]
    [LOG 02:03:24.676] BuildEngineer: Not primary because EditorLogic.fetch == null

Note that in reality there's thousands of those "BuildEngineer: Not primary because EditorLogic.fetch == null" lines all over the log, starting after liftoff of my craft.

The crash occured while I was orbiting Kerbin, and Jebediah was

Kerbal Space Program - 0.22.0.351 (WindowsPlayer)

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4)

RAM: 8137

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series (3054MB)

SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1236])

Log started: Thu, Oct 24, 2013 01:21:03

I have a few mods, including latest B9 aerospace which has a plugin called ExsurgentEngineer. Maybe it's wrestling ingame with your plugin ?

I'll remove the whole B9 mod next time I launch the game, your mod is currently more important to me.

I am unable to use any of these parts as when I "purchase" them in the tech tree and then go into my VAB they still say they need to be purchased, I then go back into the tech tree and can purchase them again with the same result. Anyone got a fix?