[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

I actually asked the question before checking the first node and the VAB and seeing it is there, just needs to be researched, even though I supposed it's there.

Also my question was irrelevant since I incorporate the engineer in all my command modules :D

And I also second the request(plea?) for additional customisation options - font size(or if it is easier to implement window scale), window size, separate windows for each option. As of now putting out more than 2(in the rare cases where needed) takes more than the 1080p height of the screen.

The reason it crashes with FAR is that the efficiency value becomes infinite due to zero stock drag, and this loop runs over the end of the array. To fix it is necessary to reduce the max iteration count by one, so it stops at the last array item no matter what:

// Loop through the notations until the smallest usable one is found.
- for (notationIndex = 0; notationIndex < notation.Length; notationIndex++)
+ for (notationIndex = 0; notationIndex < notation.Length-1; notationIndex++)

Yeah, it also bugs out when your periapsis for Jool is some KM under the atmosphere. It just doesn't display anything.

hmmm, i found out it seems ModuleManager 1.4 causing this... i used that to add build engineer to all command pods, if i don't use MM, and add the chip the windows seems fine.. need more testing.

hmmm, i found out it seems ModuleManager 1.4 causing this... i used that to add build engineer to all command pods, if i don't use MM, and add the chip the windows seems fine.. need more testing.

That sounds unlikely. ModuleManager works at during game startup and executes once. I don't think even 1.4's changes alter that behavior. So it added the code you requested or it didn't. Use the debug menu and look at pods that have had KE added and see what actually got added. Maybe KE doesn't like being put on parts with other modules.

I don't have module manager at all, still has the issue.

The reason it crashes with FAR is that the efficiency value becomes infinite due to zero stock drag, and this loop runs over the end of the array. To fix it is necessary to reduce the max iteration count by one, so it stops at the last array item no matter what:

// Loop through the notations until the smallest usable one is found.
- for (notationIndex = 0; notationIndex < notation.Length; notationIndex++)
+ for (notationIndex = 0; notationIndex < notation.Length-1; notationIndex++)

^^^^^ That.

Thank you! I have got rare crashes sometimes, I love FAR, maybe this was one of them.

For Creat asking about Biome display, I want to let people know also that the VOID plugin works great with Kerbal Engineer Redux's Flight Engineer and KSP 0.22 and has a compact transparent top HUD with convenient flight data also, including Biome display. Just check the menus to find it.

That sounds unlikely. ModuleManager works at during game startup and executes once. I don't think even 1.4's changes alter that behavior. So it added the code you requested or it didn't. Use the debug menu and look at pods that have had KE added and see what actually got added. Maybe KE doesn't like being put on parts with other modules.

i reverted to old MM & MM extension wth wildcard, KE work fine as like before.

Having a problem: when I'm in the VAB, the engineer modules are greyed out. When I go to R&D, I can click on them and then hit "research", but when I go back to the VAB they're greyed out again, and when I go back to R&D after checking the VAB, they're greyed out there as well, again. Any solution?

Did you misclick in R&D and canceled the purchase?

Did you reload inbetween?

Funny that some things never work for just a few players ...

Windows, Mac, Linux, ... ?

No, I definitely purchased them, I even made sure and tried several times.

I tried both reloading and not reloading in between, didn't work.

Windows 7.

Here is my problem, same as before. I get the parts and everything, but the UI of engineer does not show up when I have placed the part/parts on the rocket. As of now the parts is nothing more than something graphical and does not help with showing anything, since the information window does not pop up. Is there something I have missed or is there any other addon needed for this to work? Would be grateful for a swift response. Oh, I run KSP in windows 8 if that is of any relevance.

Running .22 on OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and the game freezes completely whenever I attach any of the three pieces to my ship.

ksp.log

[WRN 19:15:23.406] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to EDITOR =====================
[LOG 19:15:24.994] ------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------
[LOG 19:15:24.994] editor started
[LOG 19:15:25.055] Untitled Space Craft - Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:15:38.490] couldn't connect to host
[LOG 19:15:44.954] BuildEngineer: Start (Editor)
[LOG 19:15:46.207] EngineerChipFlight(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 19:15:46.213] BuildEngineer: OnLoad

Watching the debug in-game has a couple more lines, something about Stages: 0 and some more BuildEngineer: ?? lines.

EDIT:

I found this in the startup:

[ERR 19:21:31.753] Texture 'Engineer/Engineer7500/model000' not found!

Edited by Xaiier

Any tuto or faq about Redux please?

I'd like to know what is difference between 2 speed given in VAB (ex: 1500/2400 m/s).

PS: Got a freeze while building a rocket, as written above. First time after 10-15 rockets build in VAB.

Maybe i didn't use same Redux stuff and that one is bugged.

I use PC/Windows.

Its already late at night and after trial and error deleting and reinstalling mod by mod, I detected an issue with one of my most beloved ones. :huh:

Ovrhrua.jpg

Already redownloaded KER, seems OK now.

What still wont work, is displaying some SUR data when FAR is installed.

JynhMoA.png

Showing Terminal Velocity would kill the whole window until leaving the atmosphere.