[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

http://imgur.com/dZncPV7

What am I doing wrong?

You're not explaining your problem. Other than that, I don't know because you didn't explain your problem.

I see a ship and a fairly typical KER window showing what appear to be fairly typical stats. What exactly is wrong?

EDIT: Oh I think I see it. I am going to assume that stage 1 there is the 4 engines you can see and the decoupler you can see. Assuming you test this on the launch pad and that ship's rockets fire, then I'd say you need to exit KSP and reload. That's always fixed weird KER readings for me.

Edited by 5thHorseman

My apologies, tried to edit the rest in but it didn't go through. Anyway, it's not giving me the values for the impulses/thrust/delta-V/TWR for stages 1 and 2 which both have engines.

Unrelated question, what is the "time" category supposed to be addressing?

Hello, I first wanted to say that I appreciate all the work that's been done on this mod.

I also wanted to report a recurring bug I've encountered. Whenever I revert a mission to the VAB, the KER Build Engineer window shows values that seem to match my mission progress at the point I reverted. I can remove the KER components from the rocket and then reinstall them, but the KER window still refuses to update. Restarting KSP seems to get KER to start updating again, but the long load time of KSP makes this easier said than done.

I'd appreciate if this bug could be addressed. I thank you for your time.

Hello. All of a sudden Kerbal Engineer Redux just stopped working. After a touchdown, I recovered the vessel, and when I started on a new one, and attached the engineer part, the window never shows. The only thing that happens is that the name of the vessel dissapears.

I am running 0.23 KSP and Engineer v. 0.6.2.2. Only other mod I have is Mechjab.

I tried reinstalling the mod, no difference.

Anyone else encountered this?

Edited by Hinkakan

Hello!

I want to say that this is a very good mod, beautiful animated model, good job!

but I have a problem:

1zfj3wj.jpg

Engineer data changes as i move parts\ so i dont know how much dv i have(

i use ksp 0.23, KW, FAR, Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler (far to stock universal). on stock Scaler settings there no such strange readings\

The pic is a bit small and the staging is not visible in every pic.

But keep in mind that depending on when each engine starts or tank is decoupled or how much weight you still carry or if fuel ducts get seperated during moving the part ... the dV is calculated differently naturally. :)

ok, large size:

http://postimg.org/image/q20h3w10z/

http://postimg.org/image/bzx3zu9z5/

http://postimg.org/image/o4m42zs7f/

as you can see staging not change. radial decouplers below gray one that separates 3rd and 2nd stage.

my gamedata:

000_Toolbar

AviationLights

B9_Aerospace

BoulderCo

CrewManifest

DeadlyReentry

EditorExtensions

ExsurgentEngineering

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

KAS

Keramzit

KerbalIspDifficultyScaler

KerbalJointReinforcement

KineTechAnimation

kommit_nucleonics

KWRocketry

LifeSupport

LLL

LTech

MagicSmokeIndustries

masTerTorch

MechJeb2

ModsByTal

ModularFuelTanks

ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll

NavyFish

nodes.cfg

NothkeSerCom

NovaPunch2

PreciseNode

ProceduralDynamics

pwb

RealChute

RealFuels

RemoteTech2

ResGen

SelectRoot

Squad

Stock_RealChute_MM.cfg

StretchyTanks

toolbar-settings.dat

TreeLoader

tears^2(

Edited by MiltiTrace

Hello!

I want to say that this is a very good mod, beautiful animated model, good job!

but I have a problem:

Engineer data changes as i move parts\ so i dont know how much dv i have(

i use ksp 0.23, KW, FAR, Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler (far to stock universal). on stock Scaler settings there no such strange readings\

You have another problem, don't use tinypic. That's 2 of your hotlinked images that are now showing as pictures of women...

Hello. All of a sudden Kerbal Engineer Redux just stopped working. After a touchdown, I recovered the vessel, and when I started on a new one, and attached the engineer part, the window never shows. The only thing that happens is that the name of the vessel dissapears.

I am running 0.23 KSP and Engineer v. 0.6.2.2. Only other mod I have is Mechjab.

I tried reinstalling the mod, no difference.

Anyone else encountered this?

Update: Here are two screenshots of the problem.

PkY5lLQ

This is before.

hBJGPJL

This is after I attach the engineer part. As you can see, the name disappears of the craft, but nothing else happens.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this :/

KER suddenly stopped displaying build engineer stats. They don't show in the hanger or during missions. Other flight stats do work. I'm running KSP v0.23.0.395 and KER 6.2.2. It was working fine last night, today it doesn't. I haven't changed anything. This image shows what I see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvy130asdufc5bw/Screenshot%202014-01-10%2014.41.37.png

Other mods I'm running:

MechJeb2

Kerbal Alarm Clock

CityLights & Clouds

Docking Port Alignment

Kethane

Version 0.6.2.3 is now available!

Updated to work with mods using ModuleEnginesFX that are not using MultiModeEngine. (Thanks for the heads up Hyomoto). I've also disabled the remote version checking because it's not been used in a while, and is a bit of a hang over from an older system.

I see that people are still having problems with KER freezing... I've tried to reproduce it but without much luck, and thus cannot fix it. Building a rocket, flying it around and then reverting to the VAB just doesn't cause any problems for me. Sorry :(

Hello!

IIRC I always had the KER freezing issue, since the time I first started using KER (around KSP v0.18). Today I finally upgraded my PC and now everything seems to work perfectly with KER 0.6.2.2. Not 100% sure though, but my existing large ship that kept closing the flight mode KER no longer does this and I messed with my heaviest lifter in VAB adding asparagus staging, changing staging order, etc - KER keeps updating data.

I had both hardware upgrade: C2D E6300 -> i5-4670 ; GTX9600 -> GTX660

and software: Windows XP x32 -> Windows 7 x64

So maybe KER is affected by some of OS component versions like .NET..?

The only thing changing in them images is the specific impulse. Do you have anything which messes about with specific impulse? It looks as though something else is changing the Isp on each attachment and isn't working from the base Isp. Each time you attach, it is using the previously calculated Isp, and so is getting lower and lower.

The mod is great without any doubt, BUT here is one bug...

I'm keep getting it for a long time, probably in several versions of the plugin.

It is not really simple to explain what causing it, but the mod keep losing some stages!

Here it will be more obvious:

http://i.imgur.com/ZYGNW5V.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CPzbYPX.jpg

Look, stage number 2 is gone! When I know it is there, and works properly.

If I click show all stages, the second stage is listed as not providing any dV.

I usually discover it with big multistaged crafts as this Eve land and return vehicle.

The strange thing is also that when I am building it, everything works fine, but after some point several stages dissapear...

WAIT! in this case, I suddenly discovered what causing it! It's a battery bank! How it is even possible?

http://i.imgur.com/Yq8BCFm.jpg

And no, not those RCS from RLA, it is this bank!

Never mind those pictures, it is very easy to reproduce:

sMTK2zl.jpg

Edited by Absolute Human

Looks more like there's just nothing to display.

I noticed in your configuration for the 13 stage 'Eve 1.03', all your launch engines are off screen, presumably at the bottom. Looking at it, stage 2 is the last of your radial decouplers, and the stage one is a combo decoupler and engine ignition at the same time. That combination usually makes the staging sequence think funny things.

As for stages not providing Delta, I take only a second looking at the DV values. The left side is the Delta per stage, while the right side is cumulative craft delta.

For the rocket you've designed, what's being predicted is that your vehicle will burn through the fuel tanks of S 13 through S 10 so fast that you won't get any delta out of it despite the TWR of 2. The reason being that you are cross-feeding the outside tanks six times to fuel seven engines and six other tanks.

Have you flown a test flight to verify the craft's behavior is in-line with the engineering report? Since that's in vacuum mode, I suspect it's a rounding error due to an overly low burn or mis-managed stages on the decouples. Just swapping one set will throw everything to the dogs.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

Version 0.6.2.3 is now available!

Updated to work with mods using ModuleEnginesFX that are not using MultiModeEngine. (Thanks for the heads up Hyomoto). I've also disabled the remote version checking because it's not been used in a while, and is a bit of a hang over from an older system.

No, no, thank you for the update!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.