Mod to convert science to reputation (not Play Your Way)?

drhay53

Is there a mod that allows you to convert science to reputation at the click of a button (not play your way, where you get rep for every point of science collected)? I surprisingly can't seem to find one, and I've never had a career setup where I wanted to do it before.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

There is an admin policy that will do it. But I don't think there's a mod to do so. It probably wouldn't be that hard to do especially if you didn't care to balance it at all.

I checked before I posted and all I saw was that you can sell rep for funds. I didn’t see anything to exchange science for rep. 

3 hours ago, drhay53 said:

I checked before I posted and all I saw was that you can sell rep for funds. I didn’t see anything to exchange science for rep. 

Oh! I don't use them often but I thought there was one for each of the 6 possible trades.

You could ask @SpaceTiger if they'd consider adding it to KerbalScienceExchange. Or, if you're up for a real challenge, look at how they did it and try to make your own mod to do similar with reputation. If you're interested in modding this sounds like it might be a perfect introduction with a small gui, a simple goal and a template in place by means of another mod. It's basically how I did WarpEverywhere.

@drhay53, there is an option in admin that does that:
Public relations / open source tech program - be advised it requires 2000 science points to convert 100% science to rep.

Edit: The admin building also needs to be fully upgraded before you can convert 100%.

Edited by James Kerman
Added info

There must be something weird in my admin building then, or a mod is removing strategies. I used Career Manager to upgrade all buildings, and in previous saves I always used strategia, but I was going for a different setup this time. Will have to look into it. 

Edited by drhay53

15 hours ago, James Kerman said:

@drhay53, there is an option in admin that does that:
Public relations / open source tech program - be advised it requires 2000 science points to convert 100% science to rep.

Edit: The admin building also needs to be fully upgraded before you can convert 100%.

This is not what I'm looking for, which is why I didn't remember it specifically. I want a one-time trade between science and reputation; I'm not doing any contracts and I don't want to trade science for reputation each time I gather science. This strategy is effectively the same as the play your way mod.

Edited by drhay53

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.