Any former members of the now defunct Space.com forums here?

StrandedonEarth

Elaborating on my previous, quite verbose, response, yeah, not only no warning about imminent shutdown, but no explanation after the switch was flipped. It looked like some temporary server outage or something. I kept coming to see if they had fixed it, but nope. No forum, no information. Weird way to shut down a forum.

Real shame about it. I liked the community. 

Edited by Shpaget
Edit because I made a typo; a transgression which was, without fail, called out on SDC forum :). Good times.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

1 hour ago, YNM said:

Don't think that's the lost forum they're searching.

Yeah, the website was never down for any significant time, but the forums went down for “maintenance” and when the Space/LiveScience network got converted to Purchified clickbait there was no more link for the forums. It seems they tried to migrate to Facebook and comments o. Articles, but it seems even that got the axe. 

So yeah, that’s not the link I was looking for 

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Yeah, the website was never down for any significant time, but the forums went down for “maintenance” and when the Space/LiveScience network got converted to Purchified clickbait there was no more link for the forums. It seems they tried to migrate to Facebook and comments o. Articles, but it seems even that got the axe. 

So yeah, that’s not the link I was looking for 

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.