[1.12.3] Rocket Sound Enhancement - Plugin: v0.9.6 - 07/09/22 | Config Pack: v1.2.4 - 07/09/22

ensou04

Fixed it, found out to be issues with SWE, which has WaterfallRestock replacements, which in fact use MM's LAST, so I had to do the same thing to override it(those six engines were mentioned here, https://github.com/KSPModStewards/RocketSoundEnhancementDefault/issues/5,  thanks ArgentGamer)

Spoiler

@PART[*]:FOR[zzzRSEFixes]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement,StockWaterfallEffects]
{
    @EFFECTS
    {
        @fx-rapier-airbreathing-power{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-rapier-airbreathing-spool{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-panther-dry-spool{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-panther-dry-power{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-panther-wet-spool{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx_juno_running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx_juno_spool{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx_goliath_running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx_goliath_spool{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx_wheesley_running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx_wheesley_spool{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx_whiplash_power{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx_whiplash_spool{!AUDIO,* {}}
    }
}
@PART[*]:FOR[zzzRSEFixes]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement,ReStock] // I am not sure if its required anymore? but I will keep it, just in case
{
    @EFFECTS
    {
        @fx-tb-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-clydesdale-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-kickback-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-thumper-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-hammer-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-flea-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-separatron-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-les-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-mite-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-shrimp-running{!AUDIO,* {}}

@fx-anvil-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-mallet-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-striker-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
    }
}
@PART[*]:FOR[zzzRSEFixes]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement,zAvalanche]
{
    @EFFECTS
    {
        @SolidSmoke{!AUDIO,* {}} // avalanche plumes got me dead, was so hard to figure out
    }
}
@PART[*]:LAST[zzzRSEFixes]:NEEDS[RocketSoundEnhancement,StockWaterfallEffects,ReStock] // you use LAST?
{
    @EFFECTS
    {
        @fx-mammoth-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-rhino-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-skiff-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-skipper-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-spark-running{!AUDIO,* {}}
        @fx-vector-running{!AUDIO,* {}}

}
}

Edited by MrShelter
info about source

On 9/10/2024 at 4:57 AM, MrShelter said:

I found out it had to do Stock Waterfall Effects, and maybe other Waterfall mods. I sorted out, and without SWE, it works fine, but with it, it changes sound to other one, looks to be stock AUDIO, and doesn't mute at all

Do you think something similar could be happening with RestockWaterfallExpansion ?
I've looked into the .cfgs, doesn't seem to use LAST but RWE does in fact replace the stock audio with custom ones (better than those from RSE in my opinion)
RWE doesn't use SWE (only Waterfall Core and Restock as dependancies, everything installed trhough CKAN). 
When I have RSE & RWE installed at the same time, RWE isn't affected at all by RSE and I hear both of them / RWE at full sound when RSE is muffled.

The best of both worlds would be to apply RSE's effects to RWE's sounds (so, replacing RSE's jet engines sounds with RWE, said in another way).
I am dreaming ? :/

On 9/14/2024 at 3:44 AM, Nyxilo said:

Do you think something similar could be happening with RestockWaterfallExpansion ?
I've looked into the .cfgs, doesn't seem to use LAST but RWE does in fact replace the stock audio with custom ones (better than those from RSE in my opinion)
RWE doesn't use SWE (only Waterfall Core and Restock as dependancies, everything installed trhough CKAN). 
When I have RSE & RWE installed at the same time, RWE isn't affected at all by RSE and I hear both of them / RWE at full sound when RSE is muffled.

The best of both worlds would be to apply RSE's effects to RWE's sounds (so, replacing RSE's jet engines sounds with RWE, said in another way).
I am dreaming ? :/

RWE seems not to be supported, so it will require manual config creation. But it can be done relatively easy by renaming AUDIO node into RSE_AUDIO, and if you want to override some RSE's sounds, you can delete them.

If you hear RWE sounds, that means stock sounds are not getting deleted, so there are two ways:

Remove them in a lazy way

Or remove rse sounds, and make rwe sounds rse compatible

Contact me and I will try to help you as much as possible ;D

35 minutes ago, MrShelter said:

Or remove rse sounds, and make rwe sounds rse compatible

Could something like that work ?
If [RWE Detected]
    then [use RWE_sound.mp3] instead of [RSE_sound.mp3]
     remove [Stock_audio]

I was just thinking about changing the path to the sounds, which means RSE could still apply its effects but with RWE's sounds

I'm not familiar at all with the AFTER: LAST: and all that stuff in the CFGs to be honest, usually if i'm opening a CFG it's to edit the atmosphere curves or mach curves of an engine rather than something else x)))

Edit : so, one one side RWE is getting rid of the Stock bloc (audio, particles, etc), and on the other side it looks like we could change the audioClip path to force RSE to use RWE's sounds and that's maybe the easy part.
The complex one would be, I think, to get rid of RWE's stock (who's already getting rid of Stock ones, etc...)
I'm only focusing on the jet engines for now, I don't know if there's a similar issue with rocket engines

Edited by Nyxilo

I have an Idea. The CFG first finds all engines which have RWE(or manually), goes to RSE_ENGINES -> SOUNDPLAYERGROUP -> both SOUNDPLAYER -> replace audioClip with corresponding sound from RWE, and then remove all stock RWE sounds.

1 hour ago, Nyxilo said:

Could something like that work ?
If [RWE Detected]
    then [use RWE_sound.mp3] instead of [RSE_sound.mp3]
     remove [Stock_audio]

I was just thinking about changing the path to the sounds, which means RSE could still apply its effects but with RWE's sounds

I'm not familiar at all with the AFTER: LAST: and all that stuff in the CFGs to be honest, usually if i'm opening a CFG it's to edit the atmosphere curves or mach curves of an engine rather than something else x)))

26 minutes ago, MrShelter said:

I have an Idea. The CFG first finds all engines which have RWE(or manually), goes to RSE_ENGINES -> SOUNDPLAYERGROUP -> both SOUNDPLAYER -> replace audioClip with corresponding sound from RWE, and then remove all stock RWE sounds.

RWE does modify "only" 15 engines (the 6 Airbreathing + 9 Lox), but the thing is the way audio is used in RSE differs a lot from stock / RWE
For example, I don't see a disengage sound in RSE and it looks like it uses sounds as layers rather than complete, full audios