Ksp 1.5 mods doesn't work

8 minutes ago, Kerbalsgreat.Cyren001 said:

@4x4cheesecakei did it most of the time with the steam map 

Uhm....steam doesn't provide any mods, just crafts and missions. There is the twitch/curse launcher which allows you to install mods but it doesn't work very well.

I would suggest to use CKAN instead, it is the most reliable tool to manage your mods and well supported.

To avoid any issues, check the content of the 'GameData' folder in your KSP install directory and delete everything except for 'Squad' and (if you got the DLC) 'SquadExpansion'.
Then, you can launch CKAN, select the mods you want to install, wait a little bit unitl everything is done and launch the game ;)

20 minutes ago, Kerbalsgreat.Cyren001 said:

@4x4cheesecake i did install mod in ksp 1.4.1 and it workt very good but in ksp 1.5 it didn't  but i have CKAN only how do i install it then

I'm not quiet sure what you are asking for but it sounds like that you don't know how to use CKAN, so let me explain it to you:

Once you started CKAN, you will see this window:

y2CkpJ6.png

In this moment, CKAN displays a list of every mod which is compatible with your KSP version. On the top, right below the big 'Update' button, you can find a 'filter by name' textfield, which can be used to search for a mod.

For example: Let's say you want to install 'Kerbal Engineer Redux', you can  type 'Kerbal engin...' in the textfield and CKAN will filter the list by name:
gmMJoxo.png

CKAN will automatically select the latest mod version available for your KSP install, so all you have to do is to select the mod on the left side by clicking into the box in the 'installed' column:
KL6PIMQ.png

This will mark this mod for installation and the 'Apply changes' button becomes available. Hit this button and CKAN will display a list of all mods that are going to be installed or uninstalled. In this case, it is just Kerbal Engineer Redux:
gBKIeic.png

In the lower right corner, hit the 'Apply' button and CKAN will download and install the mod for you :)

If the mod you want to install requires another mod to run properly, CKAN will install the other mod automatically. Sometimes, other mods are listed as 'recommend' and these recommendations are presented to you between the last two steps but that's actually a nice feature ;)

As soon as an Update for an installed mod becomes available, CKAN will notify you about it and a new box in the 'update' column becomes available. TO actually update the mod, just hit the box and the 'Add available updates' button becomes available.

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I'm not quiet sure what you are asking for but it sounds like that you don't know how to use CKAN, so let me explain it to you:

Once you started CKAN, you will see this window:

y2CkpJ6.png

In this moment, CKAN displays a list of every mod which is compatible with your KSP version. On the top, right below the big 'Update' button, you can find a 'filter by name' textfield, which can be used to search for a mod.

For example: Let's say you want to install 'Kerbal Engineer Redux', you can  type 'Kerbal engin...' in the textfield and CKAN will filter the list by name:
gmMJoxo.png

CKAN will automatically select the latest mod version available for your KSP install, so all you have to do is to select the mod on the left side by clicking into the box in the 'installed' column:
KL6PIMQ.png

This will mark this mod for installation and the 'Apply changes' button becomes available. Hit this button and CKAN will display a list of all mods that are going to be installed or uninstalled. In this case, it is just Kerbal Engineer Redux:
gBKIeic.png

In the lower right corner, hit the 'Apply' button and CKAN will download and install the mod for you :)

If the mod you want to install requires another mod to run properly, CKAN will install the other mod automatically. Sometimes, other mods are listed as 'recommend' and these recommendations are presented to you between the last two steps but that's actually a nice feature ;)

As soon as an Update for an installed mod becomes available, CKAN will notify you about it and a new box in the 'update' column becomes available. TO actually update the mod, just hit the box and the 'Add available updates' button becomes available.

i am playing ksp on a pc so it is harder couse  what i see in my CKAN map is History, installd-auto.ckan and RasterPropMonitor but not what you let me see

Edited by Kerbalsgreat.Cyren001

12 hours ago, Kerbalsgreat.Cyren001 said:

i am playing ksp on a pc so it is harder couse  what i see in my CKAN map is History, installd-auto.ckan and RasterPropMonitor but not what you let me see

IIRC, RasterPropMonitor doesn't do anything on it's own and you need a to install an IVA view which uses this mod as well. Since the MK1-Pod got revamped, that's might be the issue here.

Which IVA view do you try to install?

3 minutes ago, Kerbalsgreat.Cyren001 said:

I am not trying to install an IVA mod at this point i only wan't to install a few mods like Kw rocketry, Bluedogdesign, and an sls mod with rocket and satellite parts

Well, I'm not quiet sure then if I understood your problem here :/

While KW rocketery already got updated for 1.5.1, the same doesn't apply to Bluedog Design Bureau. You can allow CKAN to install these mods anyway but there is no garantee that any of them will work properly.

To allow CKAN to install mods from a different KSP version, go to Settings -> Compatible KSP versions and set a checkmark for 1.4:

egZwJ0Z.png

Save these settings and CKAN will also show you mods which aren't updated to 1.5.1 yet but like I already said: no garantee that these mods will work, you may have to wait for an update.

Well two of the mods seems to work (Kerbelised Soyuz, Spice Launch System and Vesselmover) but i didn't do it with CKAN i did it with the Squad map so i also tryd to use it with CKAN too but it didn't work by other mods also in the Squad map it won't do it even if the mod is in the richt version:/

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I have no clue what this is supposed to be, never heard of it.

When you download it from steam you have got an squad map you need to select the gamedata of the mods and copy and paste it into the squad map and your mods need to do it then but it didn't do it anymore by me when i got KSP 1.5 version

8 minutes ago, Kerbalsgreat.Cyren001 said:

When you download it from steam you have got an squad map you need to select the gamedata of the mods and copy and paste it into the squad map and your mods need to do it then but it didn't do it anymore by me when i got KSP 1.5 version

I got KSP on steam but I definitly got nothing called 'Squad map' or any other tool for mod installation...

Anyway, this doesn't lead us anywhere helpful, so let's go for the 'classic' solution: Please upload a log file, I have to see what's happening there. The log file should be located here:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

Please do not copy&paste the content of the file here. Upload the whole file to a cloud or any other file hoster and share the download link.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 2:45 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

I got KSP on steam but I definitly got nothing called 'Squad map' or any other tool for mod installation...

Anyway, this doesn't lead us anywhere helpful, so let's go for the 'classic' solution: Please upload a log file, I have to see what's happening there. The log file should be located here:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

Please do not copy&paste the content of the file here. Upload the whole file to a cloud or any other file hoster and share the download link.

(ps the squad map stands in gamedata from ksp when you search for how to install mods for ksp on google you see it) But i tryd my mods in the last version of ksp (ksp 1.4) but it also didn't want to work so i tryd it with CKAN but still only does accept the mechjeb2, vesselmover and kerbalised soyuz mod so i don't know how to let the other mods work (only the fairings are working only without textures or parts)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.