1.6 MK2 Lander Can bug?

On 12/23/2018 at 7:32 AM, eddiew said:

That would certainly be nice, but I'll forgive them if it's not until next year :) 

Curious as to what the one thing that this part does but others don't is however. Clearly it does something new and weird...

I finally got mine working with the load to menu, quit, load again method (after uninstalling, pulling some mods, etc).

The new lander can has a round, lander variant (similar to what we are used to) and a rectangle-ish rover variant.  I don't recall any other  part using variants in that manner (different shape instead of different color).  I guess engine shrouds would maybe be in that same line....maybe.

HJSeX4K.png

lbUMamb.png

1 hour ago, djr5899 said:

I finally got mine working with the load to menu, quit, load again method (after uninstalling, pulling some mods, etc).

The new lander can has a round, lander variant (similar to what we are used to) and a rectangle-ish rover variant.  I don't recall any other  part using variants in that manner (different shape instead of different color).  I guess engine shrouds would maybe be in that same line....maybe.

HJSeX4K.png

lbUMamb.png

I guess since it actually significantly changes shape when it's switching variants, that confuses MM and causes it to go nuclear.

3 hours ago, djr5899 said:

To be fair that is a very cool looking rover config... looking forward to whenever it gets made to work :) 

On 12/20/2018 at 2:02 PM, Vandarren said:

Hi everyone,

In VAB and SPH when I place an MK2 Lander Can and use the secondary mouse button to change it's settings (variant, name etc) no menu appears, but an infinite list with of blue arrows on left and right on which each row says "Variant: Variant Name". The only way to get rid of this list is deleting the part.

Anyone having this problem?

yes I am having the issue, It only happens with the Mk.2 lander can, and mostly after you update/install a mod.  Here is the workaround that I have used successfully on two computers multiple times.  It doesn't require you to uninstall any mods, nor reinstall KSP.

On KSP go to your save game folder, pick the save you are using for your current game, go to ships folder and select the VAB folder. Delete files that have the "Craft name.loadmeta" (loadmetafile under type). Do not delete anything that have the .Craft extension. 

Example

base mini.craft Do Not Delete

Base mini.loadmeta Delete

Repeat on SPH folder

Restart KSP, since you did not delete your .craft files all your saved ships will be there and the right click on the mk2 can functionality is restored.

Note: if you know the name of the ships you used the mk2 can on you only need to delete the .loadmeta for those.

hope this helps

Merry christmas

UPDATE: tried out again and found out you don’t have to delete all .loadmeta files. It worked fine deleting just one (as long as it is from a craft that has the mk2 lander can)

Edited by Rafael acevedo

I seem to be having a similar issue, except nothing appears and it's not just on the lander can. In my case, the entire stock rover from the SPH can't be interacted with while still in SPH. I haven't tested outside of facilities yet.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:51 AM, Snark said:

Did you also delete PartDatabase.cfg?

Doing a local-files validation plus deleting PartDatabase.cfg has solved the problem for at least one person.

Non-Steam player. I also had the bug where selecting the new Mk2 lander can apparently disabled the PAW. Deleting the loadmetas did not seem to help, but maybe it was a necessary step?  

What did work (after deleting loadmetas) was deleting the PartDatabase.cfg, loading to main menu, exiting, and restarting the game. Now it’s just profit!

Switching ships still takes forever, probably because a bunch of errors show up in the log. IIRC it’s from a non-critical mod that I need to get around to removing, once I’m home from work...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.