Wind tunnels introduced

On 12/28/2018 at 2:09 AM, FleshJeb said:

“There’s a mod for that:”

Although, I prefer this one:

Wait...why not use both? I do.

15 minutes ago, 4472TJ said:

Well for all those who have terrible computers (me) then sometimes modding isn't the best for their computer and things on a newer version of KSP would be much easier for them

If it places additional load on your computer as a mod, it would still place additional load on your computer as a stock feature. Extra calculations are extra calculations, no getting around that.

9 hours ago, 4472TJ said:

Well for all those who have terrible computers (me) then sometimes modding isn't the best for their computer and things on a newer version of KSP would be much easier for them

But, this particular feature only caters to a small segment of the playerbase.   They need to add features that help the gameplay for everybody, just not a select few.    So while the hated "theres a mod for that" answer rears it's head, it's one of those that should stay a mod, for now. 

Fair enough, it makes sense for that to happen.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:15 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

If it places additional load on your computer as a mod, it would still place additional load on your computer as a stock feature. Extra calculations are extra calculations, no getting around that.

Agreed, but computer programmers are much better at Squad at making these calculations faster, where as mods are just made by Jo public.

3 hours ago, 4472TJ said:

Agreed, but computer programmers are much better at Squad at making these calculations faster, where as mods are just made by Jo public.

Actually, more often that not it's the opposite; with modders making the better code/solutions and actual gaming companies being sloppy.

Did you hear about that modder that fixed Aliens Colonial Marines entire AI system by fixing a typo left in by the devs lol?

5 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Actually, more often that not it's the opposite; with modders making the better code/solutions and actual gaming companies being sloppy.

Did you hear about that modder that fixed Aliens Colonial Marines entire AI system by fixing a typo left in by the devs lol?

No I hadn't, though what you are saying about mods being better than the devs, I have never experienced unfortunately, so I'm only going by what I've seen

2 hours ago, 4472TJ said:

No I hadn't, though what you are saying about mods being better than the devs, I have never experienced unfortunately, so I'm only going by what I've seen

Either way, fancy coding can only do so much.

You can't "magic away" performance costs, any new system is going to need CPU time, which is going to make the game perform worse; stock or modded.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.