[Old] KSC Extended - v2.2 - Expanding your KSC in style!

Damon

Why does the CKAN version not require KerbinSide Remastered? KSR is available and up-to-date on CKAN.

Also, is it compatible with career mode's nonupgraded buildings?

Edited by Krzeszny
low-level > nonupgraded

52 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

Why does the CKAN version not require KerbinSide Remastered? KSR is available and up-to-date on CKAN.

Also, is it compatible with career mode's nonupgraded buildings?

Well it’s not really a requirement. But it’s a *nice to have*

And yes, in career you have to buy the pads as well to launch from!

Edited by damonvv

On 5/4/2020 at 5:40 PM, damonvv said:

Well it’s not really a requirement. But it’s a *nice to have*

It would be nice to at least have it in the recommendations.

On 5/4/2020 at 5:40 PM, damonvv said:

And yes, in career you have to buy the pads as well to launch from!

I assume it doesn't break saves or revert building levels etc. when installed mid-career.

Edit: it works.

Edited by Krzeszny

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

The runways are disconnected in my KSC even though I've installed all recommended/required mods.

Looks like you forgot KerbinSide Remastered!

6 hours ago, tinroofy said:

Does this work with real solar system?

Yes and no. Sometimes it does but I don’t know in the new ksp releases

On 5/13/2020 at 5:01 PM, alberro+ said:

Is this compatible with JNSQ?

Yes it is! But I think you need the beta one on github!

Edited by damonvv

17 hours ago, damonvv said:

Looks like you forgot KerbinSide Remastered!

No. It's because my runway isn't level 3, so the runways on its sides aren't connected.

Also, as I reported on Kerbin Side Remastered's thread yesterday, while KSC Extended takes away only less than 5 FPS (maybe 2), Kerbin Side Remastered takes away 10 FPS on top of that, measured on the launchpad (default camera angle). Maybe you know why?

KSPRC city lights, on the other hand, take another 10% FPS, even when it's daytime, on the launchpad. I know KSPRC isn't yours but the KSPRC Renaissance Compilation thread has been inactive for 2 years.

5 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

No. It's because my runway isn't level 3, so the runways on its sides aren't connected.

Also, as I reported on Kerbin Side Remastered's thread yesterday, while KSC Extended takes away only less than 5 FPS (maybe 2), Kerbin Side Remastered takes away 10 FPS on top of that, measured on the launchpad (default camera angle). Maybe you know why?

KSPRC city lights, on the other hand, take another 10% FPS, even when it's daytime, on the launchpad. I know KSPRC isn't yours but the KSPRC Renaissance Compilation thread has been inactive for 2 years.

OSS:NTR and TSC both are more optimized for performance unlike KSR. So that could be a reason :unsure:

4 minutes ago, damonvv said:

OSS:NTR and TSC both are more optimized for performance unlike KSR. So that could be a reason :unsure:

By the way, I forgot to update my benchmark with more-consistent results. Both KSCEx and KSR drop 13% of the total FPS. It adds up to (over) 26% :/

Edited by Krzeszny

9 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

By the way, I forgot to update my benchmark with more-consistent results. Both KSCEx and KSR drop 13% of the total FPS. It adds up to (over) 26% :/

That’s normal. If you have multiple crafts loaded near the ksc your fps also goes down

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

That’s normal. If you have multiple crafts loaded near the ksc your fps also goes down

I know, after all, this mod adds a lot of models. What concerns me though, is that Kerbin Side Remastered doubles the FPS losses, even though it doesn't add nearly as much as KSCE + its dependencies.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, Krzeszny said:

I know, after all, this mod adds a lot of models. What concerns me though, is that Kerbin Side Remastered doubles the FPS losses, even though it doesn't add nearly as much as KSCE + its dependencies.

Because his models aren’t that efficiently made

Edited by damonvv

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I am trying to get this mod to work. I installed all of the required mods but when loading a save the KSC seems to be unchanged. With a quick look in the KSP.log I could identify that several of the required mods are trying to load textures that do not exist in their respective folders. If related to this or not at the end KK tries to load null pointer objects. Any ideas on how to fix these problems ?
Thank you.

4 hours ago, H3C4R1M said:

Hey, I am trying to get this mod to work. I installed all of the required mods but when loading a save the KSC seems to be unchanged. With a quick look in the KSP.log I could identify that several of the required mods are trying to load textures that do not exist in their respective folders. If related to this or not at the end KK tries to load null pointer objects. Any ideas on how to fix these problems ?
Thank you.

You can ignore the texture errors. But I think KK is not running correctly. When installing Kk, did you put 2 folders in your gamedata?

7 hours ago, H3C4R1M said:

Thank you.

You should have at least these 4 folders for this mod to work: CustomPrelaunchChecks, KerbalKonstructs, OSSNTR, TundrasSpaceCenter. My guesses for why your KSC is not changing are:

• You have an old version and you're using it with JNSQ or another Kerbin-replacer planet mod. In the old versions, the TSC's map decal breaks and completely breaks KK.
  • You're using KSC Switcher. Delete this.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 6/3/2020 at 3:54 AM, orangewarning said:

hi, does anybody have like a map that says which launchpad is which? I use kerbal construction time so am always getting confused when selecting a launchpad

The KSC launchpads (not irl) are based off of the KSC launch pads (irl) look at a NASA map

41 minutes ago, matiasb said:

Does this mod support Kosmodrome by Divico?

No, it doesn't (that is, there is no dependency between them, and neither does one explicitly apply any kind of bonus to the other), but, they are not incompatible so you can use them together. Also, Kosmodrome has not been publicly re-released afaik so the age of the configs might cause problems or just inconvenience from within Kosmodrome.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

No, it doesn't (that is, there is no dependency between them, and neither does one explicitly apply any kind of bonus to the other), but, they are not incompatible so you can use them together. Also, Kosmodrome has not been publicly re-released afaik so the age of the configs might cause problems or just inconvenience from within Kosmodrome.

Thanks for the answer!