[1.12.x] SIMPLEX Kerbalism 3.16

theJesuit

Is stockalike compatible with 1.12 even tho it says 1.10.x? All I’m looking to do is make food on the surface of Kerbin for free. Before I send them off into space. Also to resupply recovery ships with food. I’m using the greenhouse but it needs bad air. So that means I would have to use that mod to even use the greenhouse properly? Im able to make slurry and air. Just not bad air to supply the greenhouse module. Im only using the main mod and tech tree. 

28 minutes ago, Chachi_3 said:

Is stockalike compatible with 1.12 even tho it says 1.10.x? All I’m looking to do is make food on the surface of Kerbin for free. Before I send them off into space. Also to resupply recovery ships with food. I’m using the greenhouse but it needs bad air. So that means I would have to use that mod to even use the greenhouse properly? Im able to make slurry and air. Just not bad air to supply the greenhouse module. Im only using the main mod and tech tree. 

You should be able to use two of the vanilla greenhouse with Kerbalsim per kerbal.

Im not sure about making BadAir.  I seem to remeber BadAir came from making MetalParts woth Simplex Resources.  I'll take a look tonight and try it out.

25 minutes ago, Chachi_3 said:

Is stockalike compatible with 1.12 even tho it says 1.10.x? 

It's a parts mod. Just parts. (No bundled dll of its own and no hard dependency on another mod with dlls). And it's compatible with at least KSP 1.8.x so it's guaranteed to still work fine. Mining Expansion is a lightweight and very useful mod. It's almost a "can't leave home without this" if you want to play with ISRU mods. If you're on a planet that has Bad Air, just attach a harvester from that mod to your base. Otherwise you're going to have to invent a creative way to ship Bad Air in bulk on an interplanetary craft and that doesn't sound right.

On 5/28/2023 at 2:21 PM, Chachi_3 said:

Is there a way to get bad air other than kerbals? Or am I just missing something. Also is there a forum or wiki with more info on the mod’s mechanics in depth?

Use the stock Atmospheric Fluid Spectro-Variometer on planets with an atmopshere - Kerbin, Duna, Laythe and Eve. 

The atmosphere science part will also extract air.  I couldn't remember if I had included this or not.  This works even without Simplex Resources as Kerbalism Simplex adds in the Air and BadAir to these stock atmospheres.

I'm now thinking of adding BadAir creation to Monopropellant production from Ore.  You can dump the Monopropellant though and just collect the BadAir.

Update Incoming 3.13

So with Stock resources:

• You mine Ore
  • Use miniISRU, ISRU, to change Ore to Monopropellant and BadAir
  • Profit. 

But this already exists:

If you use Simplex Resources, this won't be the same. BadAir is produced as a byproduct of Oxidizer Baking from Natural Ore.

So with Simplex Resources:

• You mine NaturalOre
  • Use miniISRU, ISRU, heavy ISRU NaturalOre to Oxidizer and BadAir. 
  • Profit.  Meaning you can replenish your Ox, and get ready to greenhouse some Consumables!
Edited by theJesuit

• 2 months later...

I'm looking at tripling the science from the magnometer.  I usually play half science  (on one of my trees) and the later location of the magneometer doesn't seem to make it enough to justify the cost of sending it interplanetary to unlock nodes (on QUARTIX  it takes 240 to unlock, so visiting Mun, Minmus and Kerbin over for half a year to gain around 85 science makes no sense (14 days per experiment). so tripling it I don't think makes it OP compared to the crew report and EVA report as it takes so long to complete.  In effect it pays for itself in the Kerbin system (with 50% science).

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, George101 said:

Is telemetry report supposed to be gone in simplex kerbalism or am i missing something?

You're talking about the basic report for probes?  That is renamed as TITE.

In any of my tech trees you get acess to it at tier1 i think - not the start, or stayputnik can't do it.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, George101 said:

Do kerbals get lifetime radiation in simplex kerbalism im not sure were to find what radiation% there at.

They can, like with vanilla kerbalism (Kerbalism Config) this is in the KSP settings menu for the save.

Unfortunatly no edition of kerbalism has ever shown anywhere the current % for kerbals back in the KSC.  I'm a config manipulator not a coder so I can't help with that sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m using the M700 survey scanner. The toggle gui doesn’t work and it’s displays a message clicking the color monochrome button. I have power and polar at medium altitude and all that stuff, but it only gives me the “no survey data available for the mun”.  Is this possibly pertained to simplex that I missing or do I need to take out mods one by one. I didn’t think it was a mod issue because of the message it gives me. The only other thing is I have the scanner clipped in the craft a bit. But I’ve never had an issue with that before. I can provide additional info 

3 hours ago, Chachi_3 said:

I’m using the M700 survey scanner. The toggle gui doesn’t work and it’s displays a message clicking the color monochrome button. I have power and polar at medium altitude and all that stuff, but it only gives me the “no survey data available for the mun”.  Is this possibly pertained to simplex that I missing or do I need to take out mods one by one. I didn’t think it was a mod issue because of the message it gives me. The only other thing is I have the scanner clipped in the craft a bit. But I’ve never had an issue with that before. I can provide additional info 

Strange.  What mods are you using?

35 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Strange.  What mods are you using?

click through blocker, tool bar control, astronomers visual pack, scatterer, chatterer, fmrs, harmony, kerbal alarm clock, kerbalism/simplex, mechjeb 2, navyfish, simplex tech tree, trajectories, transfer window planner

i uninstalled my modes and started reintsalling them starting with visuals then simplex. Each time testing the scanner to see if that button option is there. It’s the perform orbital survey button that I’m missing and can’t do. When simplex was installed next is when it disappears from the gui

correction

i installed simplex and simplex kerbalism. And it disappeared 

Edited by Chachi_3

15 minutes ago, Chachi_3 said:

click through blocker, tool bar control, astronomers visual pack, scatterer, chatterer, fmrs, harmony, kerbal alarm clock, kerbalism/simplex, mechjeb 2, navyfish, simplex tech tree, trajectories, transfer window planner

i uninstalled my modes and started reintsalling them starting with visuals then simplex. Each time testing the scanner to see if that button option is there. It’s the perform orbital survey button that I’m missing and can’t do. When simplex was installed next is when it disappears from the gui

Ill try and have a look in the next couple of days

• 1 month later...

Hello there!

Thanks for your mod! I'm just getting acquainted with it and have noticed a few cases where it seems to work as intended:

1. Is it possible to deactivate habitats that are already active? The button disappears after I activate them

2. Boost Mk3 Shuttle cockpit and Science Lab Air storage - not working

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]:NEEDS[ProfileSimplex]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
        {    @MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Pod]]
               {    @SETUP[Pressure?control]                                            -
                        {    @RESOURCE[Air]
                                {    @amount *= 3
                                    @maxAmount *= 3
                                }
                        }
                }
        }

In KerbalismDefault   this increases the nitrogen storage in Setup[Pressure Control]  If I also add Resource [Air] to the Setup[Pressure Control] it will work but will remove stock air in all POD without Setup[Pressure Control]

3. Rotation of the GravityRing also cannot be turned off

On 12/18/2023 at 12:48 AM, Venchez said:

Hello there!

Thanks for your mod! I'm just getting acquainted with it and have noticed a few cases where it seems to work as intended:

1. Is it possible to deactivate habitats that are already active? The button disappears after I activate them

2. Boost Mk3 Shuttle cockpit and Science Lab Air storage - not working

@PART[mk3Cockpit_Shuttle]:NEEDS[ProfileSimplex]:FOR[KerbalismSimplex]
        {    @MODULE[Configure]:HAS[#title[Pod]]
               {    @SETUP[Pressure?control]                                            -
                        {    @RESOURCE[Air]
                                {    @amount *= 3
                                    @maxAmount *= 3
                                }
                        }
                }
        }

In KerbalismDefault   this increases the nitrogen storage in Setup[Pressure Control]  If I also add Resource [Air] to the Setup[Pressure Control] it will work but will remove stock air in all POD without Setup[Pressure Control]

3. Rotation of the GravityRing also cannot be turned off

Hello!

I've been looking at it today - I don't have too much time to look into things.  The Habitat disable enable button is interesting - I wonder if it is related to not using nitrogen.  The GravityRing may be  the same issue.

Ill keep looking into it today if I can.