SolarNRG Mining Beta 2 RELEASED 10/6/12

Kayaking4autism

6/10/12 Solarnrg mining mod beta 2 released: http://www./?t1o3z22mf21cl4f now includes provisional inventory screen to count your minerals you've mined so far. SPECIAL THANKS TO MEATSAUCE FOR HIS CODING HELP!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]34332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34280[/ATTACH]

05/10/12 Update on the mining mod screen pictures of inventory screen above

Go to page 8 for full details

22/9/2012 Launcher large enough to take the mining rig now exists AND you can fly her check out my parallel project also:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/19944-Red-Dwarf-Beta-2-RELEASED-0-17-compatible-PROUDLY-PRESENTING-DRYDOCK-DOOR?highlight=dwarf

Beta 1.3.1 snapshot

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32654[/ATTACH]

NEW SOLARNRG BETA 1.3.1 NOW RELEASED 08/09/2012 DDMMYYYY format:

First get Damned Robotics by DYJ and r4m0n (he also helped on this projects and so did InnSewerAnts) thank you!

DOWNLOAD FIRST: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9675-v0-16-Damned-Robotics-Version-1-2-1

SolarNRG mining mod Beta 1.3.1: http://www./?t04dkc4kkefxvkk

Load up the mining test rig and launch.

Here are the controls:

i o : right track (vehicle drives like tank not like car)

y u : left track

7 8 : The drill

5 6 : The rock hoover

1 2 3 4 b n the drill motions

100% new parts

Dig rock out of the ground and fry it with the solar oven.

ENJOY

Beta 1.3.1 updates: Fastrrotortron© no longer used, now replaced with OreWheelLeft and OreWheelRight.

OreRecycler NOW DESTROYS ROCKS WAAAHOOOO!!!

Also check out a video of what I aim to achieve with with this mod long term:

Also check out Red Dwarf, a powerful launch vehicle to take your mining rover to anywhere you want:

DOWNLOAD:

http://www./?x1p7bkbs89a090v

Starbug

Red Dwarf starship flies, docks, flyable level platforms, beds, toilets, giant fuel tanks, robotic airlock:

Beta 3 http://www./?da9c6xap35y8nav

License agreement, if you download this you can do what you want with the files AS LONG AS you contribute with new ideas, new code, new models, new designs to better mankind's industrial and colonial prospects offworld.

For now the kerbals will be mankind's first offworld pioneers, but from what we learn in Unity will help up not to make these mistakes in real life when we eventually go back to the moon with heavy mining equipment!

Edited by Kayaking4autism
Mining Mod Beta 2 sneek peek

plugins belong in plugin-powered addon releases.

nice mod btw.

Idea: minmus and moon both having diffrent minerals, making certain parts go faster and others slower?

of course that applies to new planets as well xD

Edited by Ranged23

That's the general idea, to build a von-neuman probe. I was thinking of a 3d printer part. Stay tuned for Beta 2!

If you have any ideas please let me know

That's an interesting idea.

Could the whole process be controlled by an Autom8 Script and once built it uses the auto pilot to go to the next moon/planet and start all over again?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32264[/ATTACH]

I figured sending the first von neumann/mine/refinery/factory/ion cannon/mammoth tank/starfighter launcher to the moon ..

would involve some better trusses rather than the chuggy and wobbly strut method. Let me know what you think.

I like the trusses you've made and i hope you will share it with everyone, but start your own thread in the Addon subsection.

That's the general idea, to build a von-neuman probe. I was thinking of a 3d printer part. Stay tuned for Beta 2!

If you have any ideas please let me know

Why don't you combine it with the Orbital construction mod? That mod allready can create parts by converting spareparts.

If your code adds a sparepart for every x nuggets to the inventory of the 'spacedock', your and his mod combined would be exactly what both of you are aiming for.

* dream mode on *

The two combined with the Kethane mod -> Fuel problem solved.

The three combined with the ZO2 mod -> Permanent bases become possible

The four combined with EPS -> Interplanetary and stellar exploration and setteling becomes possible.

* dream mode off *

Edited by TheCardinal
typo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32344[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32346[/ATTACH]

i've been Idoing a lot of experimentation with blender, parts.cfg and blender these passed few days.

In this image on the far left I was experimenting with a cradle design for a massive starship hull husk, on the top is a 50m segment truss and on the left I was having a go at the spine of the ship from Star Control 2, modelling without the game crashing, lagging like hell on your own model part and aligning them all up to the right nodes and the node colliders is hard work.

I thought I'd share my experience with you, I've been starting off with a testcube and I just repeatedly go extrude, scale z, scale x, click another face and repeat, extrude, scale (one axis at time) and I can make the parts appear in kerbal, but I find that the strut works best assuming its parts.cfg stack_bottom is assigned correctly and less than 0.1m away from the node_collider face. I had a lot of problems but in the parts.cfg file if you can be bothered you can add node_bottom01 to node_bottom99 if you really want! The only problem with making large cube structures is the surface face your VAB or SPH the model appears, all the pieces you want to put into it keep wanting to stack to the outermost face of the husk. I had a model 15m wide by 150m long in there!

Mode of my large custom parts just instantly blow up but not the experimental 15m truss, I noticed you want whatever parts you've got to use as little volume as possible, an all in one starship hull truss to transport a miner would blow anything up inside of it if mod modelled perfectly. I could really do with some help here...

this could be an interesting thing to use on kerbin too! mining quaries!!! KERBALCRAFT!!! KREEPERS!!!! *passes out*

Tottally joking with all the MC jokes but I'd love to use this mod at some point @_@

That would be amazing....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32370[/ATTACH]

A Star Control 2 style starship that actually holds up (need to work on a 500m truss I think for the spine)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32375[/ATTACH]

I've finally finished coding this, all that I have to do is add a few more polygons to this to make it prettier. Does anyone understand UV mapping?

(now obselete) Beta 1.1 http://www./?3ehqb8c1ajnq6j6

Nevertheless here are the files to do as you please with your pleasure, also includes lunar mining rovers version 3 and 5, 4 was abandoned because it was too buggy.

I love to test things, so thank you very much.

One of the things i noticed in KSP is that when something is big it is subject to several kinds of unknown forces, sometimes so bad that the structure destroys itself.

F.e. i've built a engine teststand out of Novapunch cubes. Frequently, the structure began jumping up and down until it landed sideways and .. KABOOM!

ÃÂt seems like Unity doesn't like big things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.