[1.9.x] LightsOut Relit

linuxgurugamer

9 hours ago, woodbyte said:

Thanks, this is a great and essential mod for station work. Just a small bug, which goes away after exiting and reentering the VAB/SPH:

https://clips.twitch.tv/OnerousExcitedStingrayBCouch-FM-GiqPL2JihjHHx

Installed through CKAN on latest game version.

vid is good, please list exact steps done to replicate

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

vid is good, please list exact steps done to replicate

All it takes to trigger the issue is to click the mod's button to change lighting. After that any further edits, like moving parts around and sometimes adding new ones, will show those weird artifacts around any attachable nodes. Switching between VAB and SPH does not fix it, but exiting to KSC and getting back to either editor does.

The simplest test I can think of is to add a MK1 parachute to a a MK1 capsule after toggling the lights out, you will see it sure enough. Parts that are only surface attachable will not show the artifacts since the attachable nodes will not be highlighted. That's my guess, at any rate.

I was using the parts mod "Restock" when I originally tested this, and thought it might be the culprit. But I have since tested with stock parts and the issue persists.

Please disregard my bug report, the issue is not caused solely by this mod but by some sort of interaction between it and the post-processing mod KS3P. Sorry for wasting your time here, I should have checked it beforehand. And thanks again for all your work.

For those using this mod along with KS3P and experiencing weird stuff in VAB/SPH, make sure the DOF effect is disabled in your VAB/SPH presets.

Edited by woodbyte

55 minutes ago, woodbyte said:

Please disregard my bug report, the issue is not caused solely by this mod but by some sort of interaction between it and the post-processing mod KS3P. Sorry for wasting your time here, I should have checked it beforehand. And thanks again for all your work.

For those using this mod along with KS3P and experiencing weird stuff in VAB/SPH, make sure the DOF effect is disabled in your VAB/SPH presets.

Thanks for the followup

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HafCoJoe said:

Greeting! Is it possible to change or disable the keybinding? O is used by Collide-O-Scope as well, and it activates both mods when pressed.

Not without some work.  However, you _can_ disable the keys and just use the toolbar button, go into the Settings->Difficulty Options->Lights Out and uncheck the radio button.

Radio button looks like this (first is not activated, second is activated):

YQllAWK.png

SkjvTgu.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.