Farewell, father.

SuperMiiBrother

32 minutes ago, SuperMiiBrother said:

My mom is currently an uncontrollable wreck of tears.

Everyones arrived, But only me and mom truly know why.

It can take time.  Your mom has a lot of feelings to work through.  The emotions will come and go for a while.  Likely for you too.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:06 PM, SuperMiiBrother said:

Early this morning, my dad died.

I admit it. Im only 13 years old.

Why did it happen so soon?...

Just read your post this morning.

I am so sorry for your loss. 

On 2/21/2019 at 12:09 AM, SuperMiiBrother said:

Video Games are a curse to me.

I can't stop playing.

My great grandmother died after I didnt visit her.

I was too busy playing video games.

I wish I could have been nicer to my dad.

I wasnt mean, But I could have been better.

Okay, stop there. This is not the time to beat yourself up for this. You didn't contribute to your Father's death. 
Playing video games is not a curse nor is it necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe you played them too much, maybe not.
Maybe you played them at the wrong time, maybe not.
Right now your Mom and Sister need your support and maybe you need to take a step back and take a break from gaming for a little while.

You did nothing wrong.
This is not your fault.
Your Dad loved you, and he knew you loved him back.

You don't need to do anything special for your Mom and your Sister. Just be there for them.

And if you need to talk here, I'm pretty sure there are plenty that will hear you out.

That's tragic.

About 9 years, I had a very good friend, guy I'd known for decades.  If I'd been asked then who of us would pass first, I would have said me.  I'm overweight and he was more active than I was.  He was out scambling in the foothills here with a few other friends when he had a heart attack.  They did all they could and he was flown by helicopter to hospital but he died.  Later found out he had an almost completely blocked coronary artery.

I still miss him.

32 minutes ago, Jacke said:

That's tragic.

About 9 years, I had a very good friend, guy I'd known for decades.  If I'd been asked then who of us would pass first, I would have said me.  I'm overweight and he was more active than I was.  He was out scambling in the foothills here with a few other friends when he had a heart attack.  They did all they could and he was flown by helicopter to hospital but he died.  Later found out he had an almost completely blocked coronary artery.

I still miss him.

I'm sorry to hear that.

At night my mom still seems like an emotional wreck though,.

2 hours ago, SuperMiiBrother said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, SuperMiiBrother said:

At night my mom still seems like an emotional wreck though,.

I think your mom is working to hold things together during the day.  At night, where she feels comfortable with only you and your sister present, she allows the strong feelings to show.  This is to be expected.  This should evolve as grieving proceeds.

Beyond what's seen, strong and variable emotions as well as seeing that in your loved ones is exhausting, which you may already be experiencing personally.  Most people do have a reserve they fall back on, especially when the moment demands it, like during the day.  Part of grieving is going back and forth between the intense feelings and not feeling as much, maybe even less than normal.  Between being tired and feeling stronger.

I lost my great aunt (mother’s side) not too long ago to cancer. She had been fighting it for almost 15 years. 

Everyone dies, some sooner than the others, It’s just tragic when it happens.

I believe in heaven. Perhaps your father is above the clouds, biding the time until some 60-80 years from now you get to reunite with him. 

16 hours ago, SuperMiiBrother said:

I saw mom smile for the first time in a while.

I think shes finally starting to get over it.

At least a little.

I ran out of reactions.

if only my allowance of reactions was 26 today.

1 hour ago, Gapone said:

My grandfather died february 11, this year. He was 79.

I understand totally. My grandfather was my best friend. I remember the day he passed away as if it were yesterday. It was July 14, 1984 and he died at home, in his favorite recliner. That morning, he told us all to go out for breakfast and he was too tired; just wanted to take a little nap.

Cherish the memories, dwell on those which are good. Let them become the true treasures of your soul.

6 hours ago, Gapone said:

My grandfather died february 11, this year. He was 79.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Today was dad's funeral.

I didn't expect it, But my teachers showed up.

I didn't know I was that important.

But now it's time to try and let go of the past.

My mom seems to be getting over it.

Mom told me a bit more of what happened: Dad had sudden cardiac arrest and was actually only 47. 

He died in his sleep, Probably the best way he could go.

He could have died from something else, like cancer, gunshot wound (the sad truth is that gun deaths are pretty much an everyday occurrence these days)

May he rest in peace. We got the urn today, it's by the fireplace next to the couch he died on.

Edited by SuperMiiBrother

On 2/27/2019 at 3:53 PM, SuperMiiBrother said:

But now it's time to try and let go of the past.

My mom seems to be getting over it.

Well, letting go of the past is going to be harder than one assumes. The past never goes away, but someday you will think of your dad and smile, because you remember the good times more vivantly than the bad times.

Your Mom is going to take a long time to get over this. She may be acting like she's getting over it now because she's keeping herself occupied by work, chores, day-to-day minutia and other things,  but make no mistake: She's hurting. She may not be showing it as much now because she's adulting up and taking care of business.

We adults tend to do that when bad crap happens.

When she's alone she is probably crying her eyes out, scared stiff at being a single mom. Keep that in mind. Don't be afraid to help her out as much as your abilities allow. She's going to be short on patients with both you and your sister more often. Don't take it personally.

Please pass on my condolences to the rest of your family on our behalf, and of course you have mine and ours.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.