[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

Anyone had any luck getting Parallax 2.X working with this?

Download BallisticFox's unofficial update here, it supports current Scatterer and Parallax. But you have to exclude the stock Parallax configuration files, which means downloading it manually from the Parallax thread. It'll throw a (harmless) error on launch.

Edited by Pegboard

On 5/26/2024 at 5:48 PM, Pegboard said:

Download BallisticFox's unofficial update here, it supports current Scatterer and Parallax. But you have to exclude the stock Parallax configuration files, which means downloading it manually from the Parallax thread. It'll throw a (harmless) error on launch.

Does it work without issue? Not really bothered about Patch Manager errors, had plenty of them pop up and the game still work perfectly well. I'm well pleased to hear about the unofficial update as Beyond Home is great planet pack. :prograde:

19 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

Does it work without issue? Not really bothered about Patch Manager errors, had plenty of them pop up and the game still work perfectly well. I'm well pleased to hear about the unofficial update as Beyond Home is great planet pack. :prograde:

Haven't had any issues that I didn't have before (like the inability to research scatters, might be a mod incompat, haven't had much luck with it). 

On 1/20/2024 at 2:00 PM, shafter9 said:

Surprisingly, blackrack's volumetric cloud mod adds clouds to Rhode pretty much flawlessly. This doesn't extend to any other planets however, they just get the usual 2d clouds.  Why would rhode have this in the first place, is it because it's named "kerbin" internally? Can I change the names of the other planets and get volumetric clouds on them too?Screenshot_112.png?ex=65bc84e7&is=65aa0f

On 1/22/2024 at 1:53 AM, shafter9 said:

Replying to my own question, you just need to change the names in the volumetric cloud configs, here's vernaScreenshot_129.png?ex=65c085a1&is=65ae10

Both images are broken. What changes did you make to the configs? I installed Blackrack's clouds, but nothing seems to be showing on Rhode at least. There are clouds in the map view, but none in flight view.

Hello,

I'm using the Beyond Home mod and encountering some perplexing texture errors. The game spams several error messages, and there's a 12x12 meter area with missing textures that seems to follow my craft around.

Could someone help me with this issue? I've recorded a clip showing the missing textures: https://medal.tv/games/kerbal-space/clips/hZKFO0pSqVjoSGdTm/d1337mkgch3e?invite=cr-MSxuQU8sMjIwMjQ5MTIzLA

Thank you!

On 5/26/2024 at 6:48 PM, Pegboard said:

Just a quick question, when downloading Parallax do I need Parallax_ScatterTextures or not?

32 minutes ago, Neebel said:

Just a quick question, when downloading Parallax do I need Parallax_ScatterTextures or not?

You do not need it, and using it will cause an infinite loading screen.

Hello everyone.
I don't know if Ballisticfox will read this or anyone else but is there a version of this mod that doesn't replace the stock system ? I know that the mod includes a futuristic version of the stock system but I would like to just have those as a secondary star system.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TristanLikesUran said:

Hello how to change Beyond Home so its and external Planet Mod?
So just it wont replace Stock system as i use my Custom one but also want Beyond Home.

It should be doable, but you'd need to write a patch to set "Sun" as the @referenceBody for the Tempest System, more so whatever the object is called that Destiny and Fate use as their @referenceBody. Galileo's Planet Pack (GPP) and Grannus (GEP) have similar patches as points of reference. Unless of course there's some game breaking reason the Tempest System can't be made as a Secondary, which puts the brakes on that. The issue I foresee there is the Tempest System barycentre I *believe* is already named "Sun".

Edited by Infinite Aerospace

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to come back to KSP  and give Beyond Home a shot.Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work with the current Site version (Not steam) at 1.12.5. I have gone with a fresh install on each attempt, following the instructions of various comments.  I recall trying to years ago but never got it working then either, although for different reasons at the time.
In my most recent attempt I have:
Ballisticfox's 1.5.3 version of Beyond Home
Parralax 2.0.6
Kopernicus 199
As close as I have gotten, I only get the in game error saying kopernicus could not load properly. Or the infinite black loading screen

On 7/12/2024 at 5:22 AM, Sivarous said:

Decided to come back to KSP  and give Beyond Home a shot.Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work with the current Site version (Not steam) at 1.12.5. I have gone with a fresh install on each attempt, following the instructions of various comments.  I recall trying to years ago but never got it working then either, although for different reasons at the time.
In my most recent attempt I have:
Ballisticfox's 1.5.3 version of Beyond Home
Parralax 2.0.6
Kopernicus 199
As close as I have gotten, I only get the in game error saying kopernicus could not load properly. Or the infinite black loading screen

Can you give me the log? Logs are good for troubleshooting, so it'd be good if i can get your Kopernicus log.

• 1 month later...