I need help

Moved to Gameplay Questions and Tutorials.

Welcome aboard, @Mikenike! Most of my experience in the game has come from failing- a lot. I sincerely recommend trying to fail as much as you can. The harder it is to fail, the better you're getting at the game!

As for the specifics of your questions, I'll leave that to the other- smarter- forum members to answer. :D

The problem with following after @Dman979 now is that if I try to answer anything, it looks like I'm agreeing that he's not smart when that simply isn't the case.

Regardless, in the interest of being helpful:

1 hour ago, Mikenike said:

How do you create a decent TSTO and SSTO rocket within a 80 part limit?

I was wondering how can you create a decent space plane that can make it to the mun?

The simple answer is to use good design and good parts.  There are a few good designs and tutorials over in the Tutorials Subforum.  Since SSTO rockets (or SSTOs of any type) are creatures of efficiency, they tend to have low part counts anyway.  Mun-capable SSTOs, as opposed to orbit-capable SSTOs, are a bit more difficult, but still within the limits of what you can do.

How do you get kerbals outside of space craft

I'm not familiar with the XBox control scheme, unfortunately.  I don't know whether it works similarly to PC, where you select the portrait of the Kerbal you want and click 'EVA', or whether you need to get into the Part Action Menu (also called the right-click menu on PC) of a crewed part, select 'Transfer Crew', and click the 'EVA' button next to the Kerbal you want to leave the vessel.  I can say that in Career Mode, you don't start with the ability to EVA; you need to upgrade the Astronaut Complex to level two first.

How do you close the cargo bay doors in Xbox enhanced Edition?

Use the Part Action Menu on the cargo bay.  There should be a button to control the doors.  It may not say 'Close Doors' or something equally obvious; try what you see until you find one that works.  Alternatively, bind the doors to an action group and use that--assuming that console versions have action groups.

Also what is the best engine in smaller amounts with more fuel efficiency? Also how do you fill the fuel tanks again I play on Xbox enhanced edition so if you could give me the Xbox way that would be great. Thanks

Engine efficiency is measured by "Isp" (specific impulse), and is shown on the extended part info window in the VAB or SPH. Another important factor is the mass of the engine, which is also shown on the part info window.

Exactly what do you mean by "fill the fuel tanks"? When you build a craft, the fuel tanks start out full. You can take fuel out and put it back in again in the VAB or SPH by opening the Part Action Menu for the tank.

To refill a tank in flight after you've burned the fuel, you need to dock your craft with another that has excess fuel on board -- then do a fuel transfer. Is that what you mean?

Hey  do u know a decent video on how to launch a good space station and also a video on how to orbit for sustained periods of time. Thanks guys

Hey Zheetan thanks for the EVA info, it works!

Edited by Mikenike

5 hours ago, Mikenike said:

Hey  do u know a decent video on how to launch a good space station

This one is fairly good.  This one is a lot more verbose and deals solely with orbital assembly, which may not be what you want to do.  It's also fairly ancient for a KSP tutorial video.  You may have better luck looking for ready-to-launch space stations on KerbalX than for videos on YouTube if you want good ideas on how to do it.

On the other hand, a single-launch space station is really just a big rocket with a heavy payload.

On the gripping hand, what's a good space station?  If you want to leave hardware in the sky, it ought to have a purpose, even if that purpose is to be pretty.

5 hours ago, Mikenike said:

and also a video on how to orbit for sustained periods of time.

I'm not certain of what you mean here.  If something you put in orbit doesn't stay in orbit, then there are only four possible reasons:

1. You're grazing the atmosphere and that tiny amount of drag each orbit is slowly dropping your vessel into re-entry.
  2. You're contacting something else's sphere of influence (most likely the Mun's in the early game, though when you go to Duna, Ike is a big obstacle that you need to learn to avoid) and getting a gravity 'assist' to go somewhere that you don't want to be.
  3. You put rocket engines on it and they are firing.
  4. You clipped two parts together that don't want to be in contact and you're getting phantom glitch forces.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:06 PM, Dman979 said:

I agree, I'm not smart.

;)

If you insist ... so long as you remain mentally awake.

Edited by Zhetaan

13 hours ago, Mikenike said:

hey Zheetan i mean keep it up until it served its purpose.

That depends on what the purpose is.  I'll assume that you mean that you want it to remain up for more than one orbit, in which case the only thing you need to do is remain in stable orbit; the fact that it won't fall down is what makes it a stable orbit.  Near Kerbin, orbits are stable if they never go below 70,000 metres (the maximum reach of Kerbin's atmosphere) and don't go above 8,970,440 metres (the closest approach of the Mun's sphere of influence to Kerbin).

Below the minimum, the orbit will lose energy on every pass because on every pass, the vessel will graze the atmosphere.  Above the maximum, it may not necessarily hit the Mun's sphere of influence on every pass, but when it does, the Mun will very likely throw the satellite out into interplanetary space.

If you're looking for help on how to get to space and stay there, then I suggest the extremely informative Tutorials subforum, which contains many different ones.

20 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Off topic, but man I kind of hate the whole answer voting thing, this conversation is almost impossible to follow because all the responses have been moved out of place.

Under the original post on the right you have the option to sort by date (it reverts to chronological order).

3 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

James where?

You should see two options, in the separation between the first post (yours) in this thread and the first reply - sort by date and sort by votes - the forum defaults to votes.  This may not be an option if you are on a mobile device (I've never logged in on my phone).

6 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

Also how do I get the pics of stuff on the bottom of the post?

When you are logged into the forum click on your username in the top right of screen and select account settings.  You should see signature in the left hand menu - click on it and personalize to your liking.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:30 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Off topic, but man I kind of hate the whole answer voting thing, this conversation is almost impossible to follow because all the responses have been moved out of place.

It's annoying, but worst case you can sort by date instead of by votes.  It's mostly an issue in the places where Squad thinks we want best answers popping to the top by default.

Arsenic, the physics are close to real world physics.

1 hour ago, ArsenicWinner81 said:

What is the overall goal of Ksp?

The goal is to create a great Space program and go to other planets and back as well as have fun.

1 hour ago, ArsenicWinner81 said:

What is Ksp?

Ksp is a space program oriented game, you are in command of a startup program with little reputation and you want to make it into a world renowned space agency.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.