How to fix lag

Hello thank to read, i have some problem about mod and lag

my PC: cpu i3 8100

VGA RX580 4GB

Ram 8GB

When i build a space station my FPS about 60fps but when i build a base my fps drop down to 9-10fps.First i think my pc too weak then i use msi afterburn but my cpu just use 30-50% and GPU 0%( sometime upto 100%) then i think because PRE mod i try to disable it but not thing happend. I dont want to uninstall all mod :( someone help me plz :( 

66201072_2462393997175273_15822812762897

I believe it's because you have a bunch of ships inside your physics bubble.

AFAIK, KSP can only use multiple threads by applying additional ships in your physics bubble to different threads.

You have at least 5 ships in the screenshot, and your CPU only has 4 threads available.  There's some sharing going on there, and that could contribute to the problem.

Does it get any better if you get down to 4 ships in the area?

7 hours ago, Trung said:

Hello thank to read, i have some problem about mod and lag

my PC: cpu i3 8100

VGA RX580 4GB

Ram 8GB

Too many lights/shadows might be the major issue.

Go to graphic settings and lower/disable Pixel light count and Shadow cascades.

Edited by Boyster

13 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I believe it's because you have a bunch of ships inside your physics bubble.

AFAIK, KSP can only use multiple threads by applying additional ships in your physics bubble to different threads.

You have at least 5 ships in the screenshot, and your CPU only has 4 threads available.  There's some sharing going on there, and that could contribute to the problem.

Does it get any better if you get down to 4 ships in the area?

i tried but still lag. i thing physics range extender mod made it lag 

43 minutes ago, Trung said:

i tried but still lag. i thing physics range extender mod made it lag 

:D , Physics range extender mod is the Death Star of Kerbal mods.It can be so good and powerful but it can also destroy your frame rates if not used properly :D .Try playing without it, it shouldnt affect anything...hopefully...make a backup and see if its better.Still so many vessels there as @Geonovast said, 15-20 fps sounds normal for so many things in physics range.

Edited by Boyster

30 minutes ago, Boyster said:

:D , Physics range extender mod is the Death Star of Kerbal mods.It can be so good and powerful but it can also destroy your frame rates if not used properly :D .Try playing without it, it shouldnt affect anything...hopefully...make a backup and see if its better.Still so many vessels there as @Geonovast said, 15-20 fps sounds normal for so many things in physics range.

but Could BDarmory work without Physics range extender ? i like that mod :( 

6 hours ago, Trung said:

but Could BDarmory work without Physics range extender ? i like that mod :( 

BDarmory without physics range extended sounds like...uhh like not really a good idea.You wouldnt be able to do most ''fun'' things.

Personally in my largest ground bases i just deal with it.I put my brain is slowmo and tell myself 15-20 fps is fine :P .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.