Funniest bug I've seen.

If you create a shrunk version of a robotics part with Module Manager, attach something to it, and reload the craft, the part attached will be somehow shrunk as well:

oykOlWg.png

This seemingly works with any part in the game, and possibly can be used to grow parts as well. I haven't tested it, though.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Sky Whale said:

You have to try this with the EAS-1 External Command Seat... I forget if you can add the kerbal in the editor or not.

Stock since 1.5.

I am also curious as to how this would affect a launched vessel with a kerbal in a command seat.  I imagine not the way we're hoping.

It unfortunately seems like it's editor only, with parts returning to their normal scale upon launch. You can however grow parts with this, and are able to attach the size changing robotics parts to other size changing robotics parts, exponentially increasing size once you reload. I was able to make a hinge twice as large as the SPH by using that method.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.