Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

Really. well, i like the original spot so hehe. we all have our opinions

I wish KSP2 will be better for consoles and PC users. Like updates come out at same date or actually on consoles update files come. ND YOU DON T NEED TO BUY dlcS TO ACESS UPDATES.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Really. well, i like the original spot so hehe. we all have our opinions

The point is that humans get used to everything, to the point of getting nostalgic of terrible UI design.

I'm totally going to try to keep the UI at KSP2 stock, even if I instinctively like the design I'm already used to more, since I can see the reasoning behind keeping the bigger elements of the UI in a corner and all the flight data in one place.

1 hour ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

1. Really. well, i like the original spot so hehe. we all have our opinions

2. I wish KSP2 will be better for consoles and PC users. Like updates come out at same date or actually on consoles update files come. ND YOU DON T NEED TO BUY dlcS TO ACESS UPDATES.

1. I totally feel ya.

2. Once again...the update is a bundle of he base game with the dlcs, not an update locked behind the dlcs.

Edited by Lewie

Perhaps Today is a Good Day to Die

Klingon

On 9/24/2020 at 8:56 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

I wish in KSP2 has way more parts and include eery part from KSP1 including all DLCs

I do NOT want more parts it is a zoo of parts as it is.

I want procedural parts that I can shape myself

like this part I want to begin with a docking port then 2 meter later say a round or a square continue like that for 10 meters and 2 meters later finnish off with a dockingport Sr.

I want to be able to weld all this together too. NO JOINTS !!!!

I used to play KSP with these mods;

tweak scale , fuel switch , welding mod.

So you understand what functionality I want.

Edited by Maj Solo

In KSP2 I wish:

For easier docking and not so glitching miniver encounters. 
when burning to get a encounter it glitches making it hard to do encounters.

Better Timewarp (faster time warp or time warp to specific dates like transfer windows)
All parts from KSP will be in KSP2 (including DLCs)

More launch pads on kerbin (Like multiple launch pads in various locations so you could do some things you have to wait for the ailment for docking when making an space station)

Better landing legs.

better FPS

More parts but it won’t be glitching when using 2000 parts or so

More command pods

Better radio conections

Colonies can grow large and enormous like big as citiies

when driving a rover, flying a rocket or airplane when you go at max for pitch, yaw, roll, it won’t lock there for a while. )It recalling annoyin)

2 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

In KSP2 I wish:

For easier docking and not so glitching miniver encounters. 
when burning to get a encounter it glitches making it hard to do encounters.

Better Timewarp (faster time warp or time warp to specific dates like transfer windows)
All parts from KSP will be in KSP2 (including DLCs)

More launch pads on kerbin (Like multiple launch pads in various locations so you could do some things you have to wait for the ailment for docking when making an space station)

Better landing legs.

better FPS

More parts but it won’t be glitching when using 2000 parts or so

More command pods

Better radio conections

Colonies can grow large and enormous like big as citiies

when driving a rover, flying a rocket or airplane when you go at max for pitch, yaw, roll, it won’t lock there for a while. )It recalling annoyin)

I know this is KSP 2 wishes but it sounds like you are basing them on KSP 1 problems.  I agree the most popular mods should be stock in >KSP2.

For easier docking Have you tried the Docking Port Alignment Indicator mod?

you should.

not so glitching miniver encounters.: Minmus encounter is tiny bit more difficult cause it is far away and its gravity is low. By practicing and aligning YOUR and MINMUS orbits to 0.0 off angle it is much easier to get an intercept. It really isn't that hard. You will get the hang of it.

Better time warp .... ???? you can get 10 000 time warp or more as long as YOU are not riding a craft in low orbit. LEAVE the craft and go back to SPACE CENTER and time accelerate from there. I am sure you can get all time accelration you want. You MUST install the mod Kerbal Alarm Clock. Or you miss any maneuvers all your other space craft should have made.

Yu don't need more launch pads .... just launch everything 90 east and build the space station there. But who wants a space station in kerbin orbit it is pointless. Pointless around the Mun too. You want a space station around Minmus. With Science labs.

Better landing legs .... YES absolutely YES.... I use the mod Tweak Scale and I SCALE the legs to the size I want .....

Better FPS .... keep wishing ..... ;)

More parts then 2000 ...... keep wshing .... the loading times will go up exponentially I am sure ....

More command pods no .....we got the small 1 kerbal and the larger 3 kerbals. is enough .... what is more important is to research the remote guidance units that fly like a 3 start kerbal.,  So you have a command pod + the guidance unit,.

Better radio connections .... if you have an antennae with weak connection try mounting 6 of the same antennae and you get better connection. The simplest Antennae are good enough in the kerbol system out to Minmus. Also if you are talking real far away it is time to send out relay satellites, You put 2 in polar orbit. PE as low as possible and AP as high as possible without escaping. I always send out the relay satellites ahead of any mission so I have good connection, It is YOUR responsibility to see to that you have good radio connection.

Colonies can grow large and enormous like big as citiies, YES hopefully this is something KSP 2 might achieve.

when driving a rover, flying a rocket or airplane when you go at max for pitch, yaw, roll, it won’t lock there for a while. )It recalling annoyin) MIGHT be your computer lagging I DO NOT KNOW;:

Edited by Maj Solo

I see

Well I hope they think about you when improving the new game.

I just started playing KSP again so I do not remember but the trajectory you are on is cyan.

the first trajectory after a maneuver is brown. You can create multiple maneuvers after each other and I think the next one is purple.

if you encounter a moon or planet in your future trajectory it usually change color to show it. Usually it is purple.

The game change color when you ENTER Sphere Of Influence and a new color AFTER you leave SPhere of Influence. BUT I am no KSP Ace player. But I think you will figure this out,

You probably have created an ENCOUNTER and the game is showing you what will happen if you DO NOTHING. You will ewncounter the object , ENTER AND LEAVE SOI..... and end up with a modified path. This one is usually Purple.

It OFTEN happens when you try go to Minmus that the Mun is in the way. You get these weird orbits showin up. It is now you need to put on your thinking cap and try get to minmus by rounding the Mun. ;) tricky tricky.

Edited by Maj Solo

Life support.

I really hope that KSP 2 has life support of some kind, maybe as a difficulty level (i.e Hard difficulty adds life support). The colonies already look like they have greenhouses and places to grow food but those could just be fuel production. 

Anyway, in KSP 1 you can just stick everyone in a MK 1-3 pod and go to Eeloo. This isn't very realistic and makes it kind of boring. If you had to design a craft, taking space and food in mind it would make the game a lot more fun. It wouldn't even have to be like Kerbalism, it could just be like Kerbal Health, mixed with Snacks.

How about the idea of making every part procedural?

like making custom Engines, Command Pods, Landing gears, fuel tanks, Wings, with diferent shapes, mass, diameter, size, fuels or resources, thrust, etc.

The Ability of recolouring parts.

More Science.

And Realism.... but like a LOT of realism.

Edited by Kane Kerman
tyops!

KSP needs to be less glitchy when coming to encounters showing up. When I burn eight the game freezes for a bit when an encounter shows making it difficult to cut my throttle and I end up missing the encounter. 

1 hour ago, Kane Kerman said:

The Ability of reolouring parts.

Already confirmed

50 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

KSP needs to be less glitchy when coming to encounters showing up. When I burn eight the game freezes for a bit when an encounter shows making it difficult to cut my throttle and I end up missing the encounter. 

That's KSP1, already know that KSP2 is going to have a system to plan/allow background burning, interstellar travel, brachistocrone trajectories and better timewarp so I'm going to assume that they're rewriting that part of the game.

19 hours ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Life support.

I really hope that KSP 2 has life support of some kind, maybe as a difficulty level (i.e Hard difficulty adds life support). The colonies already look like they have greenhouses and places to grow food but those could just be fuel production. 

Anyway, in KSP 1 you can just stick everyone in a MK 1-3 pod and go to Eeloo. This isn't very realistic and makes it kind of boring. If you had to design a craft, taking space and food in mind it would make the game a lot more fun. It wouldn't even have to be like Kerbalism, it could just be like Kerbal Health, mixed with Snacks.

I play with life support in KSP 1 using mods. It is fine in the kerbol system but makes the ship massive if you going to send them to Jool. Like in the movie 2001 ',) you need a massice ship with just food and fuel. It would be so cool.

I think it would have to be optional. 

For mun bases and other bases KSP 2 will make you able to setup "routine resupply missions"

But I don't think those routine resupply missions can target a space ship travelling in space.

18 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

have you tried "planning" your maneuvers using the system.

then you can plan ahead of the burn. And when the burn happens you just need to burn for the amount seconds shown on the NAV ball.

19 hours ago, Kane Kerman said:

How about the idea of making every part procedural?

like making custom Engines, Command Pods, Landing gears, fuel tanks, Wings, with diferent shapes, mass, diameter, size, fuels or resources, thrust, etc.

The Ability of reolouring parts.

More Science.

And Realism.... but like a LOT of realism.

Yes I want only procedureal parts too. INFACT all parts should be procedural .

And I also played Buzz Aldrins space program which is simple and funny. There you need to research each rocket and you need to test launch each rocket and with each successful launch means the reliability goes up since nothing is probably wrong with the rocket. When you get to 90% reliability  it is almost ok to put a human on the rocket, You can find Buzz Aldrins space program for free and play with it for awhile.

Coloring parts? yes ... easy like in other games .... just install a color picker for us to use. Eurotruck simulator have one. And I seen it wlsewhere too. Same color picker. What the color pickers usually do not have is "metallic". Would be nice to be able to say how much metallic to introduce into the paint.

Edited by Maj Solo

30 minutes ago, Maj Solo said:

have you tried "planning" your maneuvers using the system.

then you can plan ahead of the burn. And when the burn happens you just need to burn for the amount seconds shown on the NAV ball.

Moho Solo. I always use menu very nodes when coming to encounters but over long distances encounters have a very small window. And since the game calculates big numbers for theses encounters it becomes more of an estimate. Making is harder. So I sometimes have to do extra butprn time to get encounters. But then in the map screen I check for encounters and it gets a little gltvpchy and can’t cut throttle. I end up missing the encounter over and over ahpgain. It take 3 or more tries to get a certain encounter.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Moho Solo. I always use menu very nodes when coming to encounters but over long distances encounters have a very small window. And since the game calculates big numbers for theses encounters it becomes more of an estimate. Making is harder. So I sometimes have to do extra butprn time to get encounters. But then in the map screen I check for encounters and it gets a little gltvpchy and can’t cut throttle. I end up missing the encounter over and over ahpgain. It take 3 or more tries to get a certain encounter.

You are correct.

BUT when that happens I say to heck with it I plan the maneuver as good as I can. Then I place a maneuver node where there is 30% of the journey left and make another maneuver node there and make a correction burn.

5 hours ago, TitiKSP said:

I play on console.:(

I had a hard time trying to figure out the mod though (I used it to make a satellite orbiting Kerbol called SolSat and used the gold solar sails to get it from high Kerbol orbit to low Kerbol orbit but it didn't work because of the spectrum it was in (Different sails work in different spectrums))