[1.12.x] Improved & Updated Chase Camera

linuxgurugamer

On 4/1/2023 at 4:25 PM, SafetyDancer said:

There's no "Issues" page on the github so I'll leave this here: Tab takes a lot of presses before Improved Camera turns on. The snapback is also borked because it just hard-prevents me from adjusting my camera. Once activated, it does work as advertised.

Hi there, bit late with a reply as you've probably moved on by now, but I just took at look at this because I was getting the same issue. I can say that the issue is quite easy to solve.

The problem is due to the code using FixedUpdate() instead of Update(). In short: user input is refreshed on every Update cycle, so when you're reading the input on a FixedUpdate interval the input will sometimes not get registered, because they are not in sync. This causes the problem of having to seemingly press the buttons a random amount of times before it eventually happens on the same frame.

@linuxgurugamer will have to recompile the dll.

1 hour ago, UltraJohn said:

Hi there, bit late with a reply as you've probably moved on by now, but I just took at look at this because I was getting the same issue. I can say that the issue is quite easy to solve.

The problem is due to the code using FixedUpdate() instead of Update(). In short: user input is refreshed on every Update cycle, so when you're reading the input on a FixedUpdate interval the input will sometimes not get registered, because they are not in sync. This causes the problem of having to seemingly press the buttons a random amount of times before it eventually happens on the same frame.

@linuxgurugamer will have to recompile the dll.

My bad, was trying to optimize it a bit.

Just released an update:

• Reverted the previous change, was causing response issues

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.