Story Mod

Myxer

Hello everyone. I'm a noob here, but not in the KSP. After many vessels, and many Mods, a want to ask why i can't find a story Mod? 

For example story about Protheans from MassEffect: In Career, after 1 month in game time you receive a message (or contract) : "Kerbal scientist, found something strange on Mun. Please go, and look..."

You fly to the Mun, and find something like Prothean beacon. You research them, and take " Oops, we didn't understand what that! But the patterns of lines looks like a Crater on Minmus (or another place)." 

You fly to this place (it can be markered on map, or not for hardcore players) and found next puzzle. 

After explore all bacons on  many planets, satellites, an asteroids you combine the information, and take coordination far away from Kerbol, where you can find Mass Relays! 

All objects not shown on map, before exploration, and each of them tell the part of Story about Kerbin evolution, and how Protheans breeding Kerbals from Cucumber

I don't know, maybe somebody want take a part in creating little  interesting Mod, or tell me "this is impossible"... 

P.S. Sorry for my English.

8 minutes ago, Myxer said:

For example story about Protheans from MassEffect: In Career, after 1 month in game time you receive a message (or contract) : "Kerbal scientist, found something strange on Mun. Please go, and look..."

You fly to the Mun, and find something like Prothean beacon. You research them, and take " Oops, we didn't understand what that! But the patterns of lines looks like a Crater on Minmus (or another place)." 

Oooh, I like the idea! I'm not a mod maker myself, but that sounds like it'd be a fun challenge to create!

Also, welcome to the forums!

26 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Oooh, I like the idea! I'm not a mod maker myself, but that sounds like it'd be a fun challenge to create!

Also, welcome to the forums!

Thanks! I think it wouldn't be a difficult. 

3D model, and textures for Prothean beacon look like gray cube with green lines.... 

2 hours ago, Myxer said:

Hello everyone. I'm a noob here, but not in the KSP. After many vessels, and many Mods, a want to ask why i can't find a story Mod? 

You fly to this place (it can be markered on map, or not for hardcore players) and found next puzzle. 

After explore all bacons on  many planets, satellites, an asteroids you combine the information, and take coordination far away from Kerbol, where you can find Mass Relays! 

All objects not shown on map, before exploration, and each of them tell the part of Story about Kerbin evolution, and how Protheans breeding Kerbals from Cucumber

I don't know, maybe somebody want take a part in creating little  interesting Mod, or tell me "this is impossible"... 

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Most of this sort of idea has been set up in OrX Kontinuum ... Framework has been laid for creating your own stories within KSP and sharing those stories with other players although the story creation mode is still in development

Currently OrX K has a challenge creator that allows you to create a geocache on any planet, have that location saved as well as any local vessels within 1000 meters to a sharable file that any other KSP player that has OrX K installed can open and search for while in the flight scene

OrX K also has Short Track Racing and Dakar racing challenge types that can be created as well as a BD Armory challenge type for those who want to create BDAc Challenges

There's also Scuba Diving (including Nitrogen Narcosis and the Bends) and a sort of wind simulator in there too (both still need work)

22 hours ago, Myxer said:

I think it wouldn't be a difficult. 

Generally things are more difficult if you do them, as opposed to thinking about them.

The big problem with story modding is most modders mod for themselves (I do) and most people won't get much fun from playing their own story (I wouldn't).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.