[1.12.x] IXS Warpship & Spacedock Redocked

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks like a missing texture, but you have quite a number of missing textures.  I didn't see anything related to this mod, but I'll look again later when I have some more time.

For now, how did you install it all, and can you test it in a small install without all those other mods?

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks like a missing texture, but you have quite a number of missing textures.  I didn't see anything related to this mod, but I'll look again later when I have some more time.

For now, how did you install it all, and can you test it in a small install without all those other mods?

I installed it manually and it worked as normal, right now I'm removing mods installed after this mod one by one to see if the texture comes back. Edit: I just ran the full modded install again and the texture came back! This is weird.

Edited by namreK haidebeJ
change of status

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A very long time ago I used another version of the spacedock mod as a construction site for EPL. I'm starting a new save that is moving to global construction instead. Do you know offhand if this version of spacedock can be used with that mod or is this one purely decorative?

1 minute ago, kormer said:

A very long time ago I used another version of the spacedock mod as a construction site for EPL. I'm starting a new save that is moving to global construction instead. Do you know offhand if this version of spacedock can be used with that mod or is this one purely decorative?

That's somewhat nebulous, but I'm pretty sure it should work, unless EPL has changed the names of the modules it uses

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/12/2024 at 8:50 PM, Kazako said:

does anyone happen to know if there will ever be freeIVA support for these parts?

Would love to see that.

Anyone know If I can have Interstellar Expanded installed and this at the same time without issue?

On 7/12/2024 at 9:50 PM, Kazako said:

does anyone happen to know if there will ever be freeIVA support for these parts?

Probably not, but you need to contact the FreeIVA mod author

On 7/19/2024 at 12:52 PM, SheepDog2142 said:

Anyone know If I can have Interstellar Expanded installed and this at the same time without issue?

I don't see any reason why not

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Just FYI, all the Spacedock parts have lights that illuminate the planet from orbit. I'm not very knowledgeable in 3D modelling, but if I understand correctly, this has to be fixed in Unity? I know you only work on the code side, so I don't think there's anything to be done.

d6tBXWH.png

Edited by MalevolentNinja

6 hours ago, Kazako said:

is there any documentation on or explanation of how to use the alcubbierre warp drive?

There's a video and some information on the Alcubierre Warp Drive thread:

It's mostly as simple as pointing the ship at your target, turning on the drive, and throttling up. Just make sure you have the warp drive mod installed in addition to IXS. CKAN has it in dependencies.

On 8/5/2024 at 8:13 PM, Caliperstorm said:

There's a video and some information on the Alcubierre Warp Drive thread:

It's mostly as simple as pointing the ship at your target, turning on the drive, and throttling up. Just make sure you have the warp drive mod installed in addition to IXS. CKAN has it in dependencies.

oh, does it not run off of blueshift's system then? i was struggling to get it to work because i thought it used blueshift's system, but i don't mind installing a second mod for a separate warp system. especially one that looks as fun as this does.

thank you for the tip!

9 hours ago, Kazako said:

oh, does it not run off of blueshift's system then?

I don't currently use this mod or Blueshift, but you definitely should take a look at this:

Edited by aviin