[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 3

rasheed

I'm going to try for 1 ship/mission, but possibly with a lander, and an orbiter for the return trip. It would help with how much weight/fuel that's needed to get off the planet, and thus, how much is needed to get off of Kerbin.

My ideal scenario is to enter an atmospheric trajectory with the target planet to slow down the orbiter, then the orbiter will separate the lander (or maybe the lander will separate the orbiter, considering that the lander will probably need to be much larger XD), and I'll just set the lander down and circularize the orbit of the orbiter. Might be a bit tricky with doing those simultaneously, but hopefully it won't.

I'm definitely going to be sending unmanned missions first to try it all out and work out any bugs though; I don't want to risk any lives by just throwing Kerbal after Kerbal at each planet XD

We're more efficient at creating threads than 99% of the rockets made in KSP

On topic now pl0x?

I'm very curious about Jool, I definitely want to try dipping into the atmosphere and seeing all the qualities it has. I wonder how similar it will be to an actual gas giant =P

I think you should unlock thread 2 because pawelk is not english and maybe he does not understand, By his post you could see so I am going to be off topic now because you know some people aren't english/American and maybe didn't understand your comments. So you shouls let him off or something because theres no point starting a 3rd one! 1st one I understood because an American/English person replied and could of understood but pawelk maybe can't so I want you to unlock the thread

Then it will get denser and denser, and eventually it'll be like moving through molasses XD but I want to try it out just to see if it is that way or not. It'll probably be one of my first missions in .17 lol. It'd be awesome to have a floating city or something over Jool (think Star Wars) so it would be possible to fly down into it with planes and then come back up when you're running low on fuel. That would be fun >=D

EDIT:

I think you should unlock thread 2 because pawelk is not english and maybe he does not understand, By his post you could see so I am going to be off topic now because you know some people aren't english/American and maybe didn't understand your comments. So you shouls let him off or something because theres no point starting a 3rd one! 1st one I understood because an American/English person replied and could of understood but pawelk maybe can't so I want you to unlock the thread
It allows for a clean slate, plus, I find this interesting:

* Multiple Player Saves: You can now have multiple ongoing game sessions, as each save is kept in its own folder (instead of all using the saves/default one).

Assigned to: HarvesteR

And this:

* Ships saved by one player are private to that player. Ships on the KSP/Ships folders are common to all players and non-overwritable (from inside the game)

So it looks like we'll be able to have one copy of KSP, and maybe let friends and family have their own profile, that'll be cool.

Probably not going to happen. Just stick with this thread; it's already here, we're on page 6 already, it doesn't make any difference.

Also, you're currently off topic, as you yourself has thread. Pawelk wasn't the sole reason for the thread being locked. There were many derailers, myself included at a time. I stopped derailing. Just don't post in the thread if you don't have anything you currently want to say about .17, take it somewhere else. Start a new thread. They keep getting locked because of speculators that have been told the rules and large amounts of off topic posts. If this one goes the same route, I feel they might just ban the use of a thread like this because it can't stay on track.

Just thought I'd say it: WHile watching CGPGrey's video "Is Pluto a Planet?" AN image showed up, showing a immensely similar artwork to what Moho would look like, and oh dear, it's looking brilliant!

Here's the video:

, at 4:01

Also, you're currently off topic, as you yourself has thread. Pawelk wasn't the sole reason for the thread being locked. There were many derailers, myself included at a time. I stopped derailing. Just don't post in the thread if you don't have anything you currently want to say about .17, take it somewhere else. Start a new thread. They keep getting locked because of speculators that have been told the rules and large amounts of off topic posts. If this one goes the same route, I feel they might just ban the use of a thread like this because it can't stay on track.

I wanted to be off topic for that reason, and the Moderator said himself it's pawelk's fault so it's not really fair for people from other countried who can't speak english. He didn't understand. If you gave him a chance it would make sense. And the other person that replied to me, we were on page 180 already so page 6 is no difference.

Hey, Pawelk198604 has taken his lumps and knows better now, so I'll not be having any bad words against him now, as Shadownailshot said it was not the fault of one person alone, the thread had been going down hill for several pages at least.

Please take a read of Section 4 of the Rules, this thread stays on topic or it'll be closed for the same reasons as before.

Hey, Pawelk198604 has taken his lumps and knows better now, so I'll not be having any bad words against him now, as Shadownailshot said it was not the fault of one person alone, the thread had been going down hill for several pages at least.

Please take a read of Section 4 of the Rules, this thread stays on topic or it'll be closed for the same reasons as before.

I agree, and thank you sal.

Just thought I'd say it: WHile watching CGPGrey's video "Is Pluto a Planet?" AN image showed up, showing a immensely similar artwork to what Moho would look like, and oh dear, it's looking brilliant!

Here's the video:

, at 4:01

OMG it does look like Moho... Wow, that'd be fun to land on slightly cooled/solidified lava lmao XD

* Several new parts

Assigned to: Nova, C7

:'(

Why worry about the new parts?

We have plenty of parts.

What I want to see are Reliability/Refinement improvements.

I want the things that are already in-game to work better!

1.) The 'Click & Drag Throttle' that 0.17 will introduce is one of the MAJOR things I have been biting my hand over... it will make precision control of throttle during landings possible- the stickiness of the throttle ATM is a major thing.

2.) Another thing that is needed but not mentioned is the ability to 'restart' an engine that was turned off by the 'X' button (or just quit working) without having to edit the save file! We have an 'Emergency Kill' button; we need an 'Emergency Restart' button!

3.) SAS and ASAS - I know that the parts are supposed to be 'placeholders' but the systems themselves are not, as they would be used in the 'piloting skills' exhibited by the Kerbals. Everyone knows this system needs polishing, so let's let it be a priority.

The game already has a lot of complexity- the more we beg the Devs to stack on it before we shift focus to bugfixes, the harder it'll be to get the bugs fixed.

I'm enjoying the heck out of the game as-is (in spite of my previously voiced frustrations) and would rather see 0.17 & 0.18 bring more robustness and reliability into the current/planned systems (like IVA and docking) than I would see new content like parts introduced. Get all the 'crunchy' bits in-game and working... then pad the game with the 'fluffy' stuff.

Is it possible that I'm thinking too much about the KSP update if I dream that I have a beard that looks just like little Pegasus I Mobility Enhancers lined up along my jaw?

:D I know that feel, bro. Even if you can sleep and I can't cause I'm waiting for a new progress update :)

2.) Another thing that is needed but not mentioned is the ability to 'restart' an engine that was turned off by the 'X' button (or just quit working) without having to edit the save file! We have an 'Emergency Kill' button; we need an 'Emergency Restart' button!

You just throttle the engines back up. You hit "shift." It throttles them up.

I don't think you need weather to show the atmosphere of a gas giant realistically, you just tint the whole screen greener and greener as you fall. Also, putting 6 or 12 animated bilboards around the player like the way minecraft does snow would be sufficient to show clouds rushing by.

I don't think you need weather to show the atmosphere of a gas giant realistically, you just tint the whole screen greener and greener as you fall. Also, putting 6 or 12 animated bilboards around the player like the way minecraft does snow would be sufficient to show clouds rushing by.

You're going off topic.