Ether One

Shpaget

It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's perpetuum mobile!

While this is connected (albeit very loosely) to aerospace tech, it doesn't get to be featured upstairs in the Science & Spaceflight section. Basically, we have another designer disconnected from reality and laws of physics. 

The air is full of electricity, which can be recovered by the friction generated by the flying plane. In wings, during the flight, instead of fuel tanks, triboelectric nanogenerators can be installed, which, using the vibrations of the structure and friction generated by the bending of wings during the flight, can generate the energy needed to power several smaller electric motors. The energy efficiency of such systems is already large enough to be used in this kind of machine. In this case, the battery pack needed for carrying should only satisfy the need for takeoff and landing. The flight itself would be able to generate the energy needed to maintain it and most likely to charge the batteries.

https://www.bonikowski.eu/work/eatherone

I don't think this idea is going to fly.

8 hours ago, Shpaget said:

It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's perpetuum mobile!

While this is connected (albeit very loosely) to aerospace tech, it doesn't get to be featured upstairs in the Science & Spaceflight section. Basically, we have another designer disconnected from reality and laws of physics. 

https://www.bonikowski.eu/work/eatherone

I don't think this idea is going to fly.

Well... there is this article. In my wildest scifi dreams we manage to adapt this somehow to enhance magnetic methods we already tested for dealing with plasma during reentry.

In other words, s magnetic field could, in theory, protect a ship's hull from being scorched. Since magnetic fields and plasma play with each other. Making air in front of the ship magnetic in the process... I have no idea how a ship could use that to advantage. But others do.

https://physicsworld.com/a/optical-centrifuge-magnetizes-molecular-gas/

Edited by Spacescifi

9 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

In my wildest scifi dreams

Hardly. There were proposals for turning Orion into an interorbital transport with magnetic reentry shielding. The tech isn't particularly mature, but between this and Soviet research into anti-radar plasma cloaking, it may be within reach.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:40 AM, cubinator said:

I think it needs a little work.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for pun dog

I think the crazy is rubbing off on you. Be careful of static.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.