[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

576 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

2 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

The issue is not related to KSRSS but the .dll in KRPC failing to load properly.

Also please please please please do not upload your KSP.logs as pdfs, it will add a new line after a certain point making it a hassle to figure out what actually caused what

"Also please please please please do not upload your KSP.logs as pdfs, it will add a new line after a certain point making it a hassle to figure out what actually caused what" - Got it.

I removed KRPC entirely and I still get the Kopernicus warning. Should I send another KSP.log?

5 hours ago, FloridaMan747 said:

"Also please please please please do not upload your KSP.logs as pdfs, it will add a new line after a certain point making it a hassle to figure out what actually caused what" - Got it.

I removed KRPC entirely and I still get the Kopernicus warning. Should I send another KSP.log?

Sure

Hi,

If using Ksrss (newest version from gitlab) the log gets spammed full with:

MissingMethodException: Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.GetNearest(CelestialBody)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

edit:
solution is to not install tilt unlocker (even gitlab says its compatible)

Edited by Amalia

On 6/23/2023 at 12:24 PM, ballisticfox0 said:

The issue is not related to KSRSS but the .dll in KRPC failing to load properly.

Also please please please please do not upload your KSP.logs as pdfs, it will add a new line after a certain point making it a hassle to figure out what actually caused what

I confirm, errors loading with kopernicus on ksp 1.12.5, I try with a old kopernicus version and still the same, I tried with ksp 1.12.3 exact same error.

Black screen loading

23 hours ago, Amalia said:

Hi,

If using Ksrss (newest version from gitlab) the log gets spammed full with:

Ksp.log:
https://anonfiles.com/w7f2x0y8z5

Does anyone know whats causing the problem and could help me fixing it?
Thanks in advance :)

Okay this one has stumped me, it seems to just come out of nowhere.

Does the game make it to the menu screen?

18 hours ago, Makrom said:

I confirm, errors loading with kopernicus on ksp 1.12.5, I try with a old kopernicus version and still the same, I tried with ksp 1.12.3 exact same error.

Black screen loading

I assume you have parallax installed? make sure you remove the

Parallax_StockTextures/_Configs
Parallax_StockTextures/_Scatters/Configs

folders.

If you don't or the issue persists send your log

17 hours ago, FloridaMan747 said:

Okay neat that tells me something

Are you using MapTheEarth?

Yes, i can get ingame, but the log keeps growing with this error and maybe because the log gets too big, the game crashes after a bit with the unity crash handler.

Thanks for looking into it, if unknown in relation to Ksrss, it must be a installed mod doing some silly stuff :)

Edit:
Did remove mods, one by one. It seems that Tilt Unlocker causes the problem.
Although its listet as compatible... Thought KSRSS has a config file for it, but couln`d see anything related.
Need to test a bit more to see if its only related to that (and first add all mods back).

Edited by Amalia

13 minutes ago, FloridaMan747 said:

No.

Interesting, it's failing on a PQS City 2, probably placed by another mod

3 hours ago, Amalia said:

Yes, i can get ingame, but the log keeps growing with this error and maybe because the log gets too big, the game crashes after a bit with the unity crash handler.

Thanks for looking into it, if unknown in relation to Ksrss, it must be a installed mod doing some silly stuff :)

Okay that's definitely interesting, it may be related to KSRSS may not be, let me know if you figure something out

I did edit my post, but your answer were before the approval of a Mod...
I just Quote again, what i have edited:

Did remove mods, one by one. It seems that Tilt Unlocker causes the problem.
Although its listet as compatible... Thought KSRSS has a config file for it, but couln`d see anything related.
Need to test a bit more to see if its only related to that (and first add all mods back).

edit:

Everything seems to work without tilt unlocker.
Not sure if it`s not working just because of a mod i installed or if its anyway not working...
Found a config file which would use tilt unlocker -> Kopernicus_UranusTilt.cfg

edit nr. 2
everything works, just found out that final frontier also crashes the game

Edited by Amalia

On 6/25/2023 at 1:55 PM, ballisticfox0 said:

I assume you have parallax installed? make sure you remove the

Parallax_StockTextures/_Configs
Parallax_StockTextures/_Scatters/Configs

folders.

If you don't or the issue persists send your log

No parallax or other mods installed apart from the recommended on gitlab, simptoms: black screen, infinite loading.

LOG

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g2n3wvq11vx27ap/KSP.log/file

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Inside the KSRSS-Reborn.zip file you'll find a folder called KSRSS-Reborn, and inside of there is a folder called KSRSS and that's the folder you want to copy to your GameData. The final path should be GameData/KSRSS.

geeeezz!...being caught in such a basic noob error....in my defense, there was no explicit info about it on gitlab

thanks!

2 hours ago, turnerjack698 said:

Am I the only one who can't extract the mod file? I'd love to use this mod but I've gone through so many menus and installed so many dependencies, only for the files to be corrupted! Help?

You might be ... no one else has complained about this, and I've certainly download it many times.

What are you downloading, and what makes you think it's corrupted?

14 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

You might be ... no one else has complained about this, and I've certainly download it many times.

What are you downloading, and what makes you think it's corrupted?

I'm downloading the folder, labeled "KSRSS" from github, once the file is being downloaded its name is changed to "KSRSS-reborn.zip" and whenever I open it, either a rightclick or with winrar, i get an error message "Unexpected end of archive", however i still have the ability to view the file. When I try to extract it, I get another message "This archive is corrupt". Soooo is it a stretch to assume something may be corrupted? 

6 hours ago, turnerjack698 said:

I'm downloading the folder, labeled "KSRSS" from github, once the file is being downloaded its name is changed to "KSRSS-reborn.zip" and whenever I open it, either a rightclick or with winrar, i get an error message "Unexpected end of archive", however i still have the ability to view the file. When I try to extract it, I get another message "This archive is corrupt". Soooo is it a stretch to assume something may be corrupted? 

Ah ok, yeah we can probably help you. The first thing you'll need is the correct location: https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS  When you go to this link there's a control near the top page that should be set to "reborn" (it should be by default, I think). Once that's set correctly, there's a Download button over on the right. This will get you a zip file that you'll then need to unzip on your local drive, but *not* into the KSP folder. If you "drill down" into the folders unzipped from the archive, you'll find a folder simply called "KSRSS" - this is the mod itself. This one folder is the main thing you need to copy from the unzipped archive, into your KSP GameData folder. So you'll end up with a path like [main KSP folder]/GameData/KSRSS. No need to rename anything.

It's really best (by a long shot) to do this part first, before you have any other mods installed. Don't forget to delete the other thing you downloaded, especially if you put any of it into the GameData folder. So then add in KSRSS, get Kopernicus and its dependencies (mfi+harmony) and then you should have a basic KSRSS install. After you test it, then you can exit and get more stuff like Eve, Scatterer, and onward. 

If you need more clarification on anything just ask, lots of people here can help with install issues. Good luck, it's worth it :)