[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

577 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

On 1/17/2024 at 12:46 AM, AbnormalVenegrade said:

Just wondering, does anyone else have massive lag at Ceres? Everything is fine in orbit, but as soon as I attempt to get close for landing, the MET timer is constantly yellow (not red, which would indicate the game itself is slowed down) and the game runs at only a few fps, stuttering constantly even when landed and time warping. this makes landing incredibly difficult and it's only on Ceres as far as I know, but I haven't seen it happen with any other planets/moons I have been to (Moon, Mars, Jupiter+All Moons, Saturn+Titan, Venus, Mercury). Any ideas why?

Did you ever find a solution for this?

17 hours ago, SpartanJack17 said:

Did you ever find a solution for this?

The only thing that worked for me if I remember correctly was deleting the Parallax configs for Ceres. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm playing with KSRSS, and atmosphericbeats volumetric cfg for volumetric clouds version 4, and there's this issue I'm having that both volumetric clouds and 2D clouds show up when flying. Any way to only get the volumetrics? 

Where can i find a download for this mod? i know KSRSS exists but i'm not sure my pc can handle the textures, so i would like to know where the normal version without the fancy textures can be downloaded.

20 hours ago, masertank said:

Where can i find a download for this mod? i know KSRSS exists but i'm not sure my pc can handle the textures, so i would like to know where the normal version without the fancy textures can be downloaded.

KSRSS / KSRSS · GitLab

Click the blue "Code" button and download the source code as a zip file. Download the dependencies and place the KSRSS file in your gamedata folder. 

On 4/29/2024 at 5:37 PM, SpaceCube2000 said:

KSRSS / KSRSS · GitLab

Click the blue "Code" button and download the source code as a zip file. Download the dependencies and place the KSRSS file in your gamedata folder. 

One question, there's an extras folder bundled in the source code which has some .cfg files, do i just put them in the gamedata folder too?

10 hours ago, masertank said:

One question, there's an extras folder bundled in the source code which has some .cfg files, do i just put them in the gamedata folder too?

No, I didn't. Just the gamedata folder. 

5 hours ago, masertank said:

Thank you for telling me. Is there any way to activate / use these configs  though?

if you've read the warnings inside each of the files, and you know which ones you still want, they can live literally anywhere under GameData. As a suggestion for organization I would recommend creating a folder inside GameData called KSRSSExtras, and placing the ones you want in there. 

Hello guys, I'm playing with KSRSS-reborn from gitlab and using Volumetric clouds-v4 along with AtmosphericBeats configs. The issue I'm having is that Lightning doesn't show up on Earth no matter what I do. If I remove the AtmosphericBeats configs, Lightning works fine. 

Hi all. I may not be the first, but I really hope I am the very last person to encounter this problem. Having installed all the necessary folders in Gamedata, after loading I find that instead of the Earth, Kerbin is still shown, and all the launch pads installed by KSCExtended have disappeared (the Kennelly Space Center mod is installed). What is the error?ERdVrtUTSyU.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9drPam3sc65I.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9PvO3GkrxEcQ.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

4 hours ago, Soviet_Velir said:

What is the error?

I can see a few:

- you're missing ModularFlightIntegrator (kop dep)

- you have multiple module managers so it's loading the wrong one. delete all but the latest so you have only one

- the folder CapeKanaveral is unfamiliar to me. For KSRSS, you want TruthfulGnome's cape that ends up with a folder called KatnissCapeCanaveral

- I don't think the Cape mod is compatible with KSCExtended, but you won't need it if you also get either the modern or the retro pads from Truthful's version

20 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Я вижу несколько:

- вам не хватает ModularFlightIntegrator (коп-деп)

- у вас несколько менеджеров модулей, поэтому загружается не тот. удалите все, кроме последнего, чтобы у вас остался только один

- папка CapeKanaveral мне незнакома. Для KSRSS вам нужен плащ TruthfulGnome, который заканчивается в папке KatnissCapeCanaveral.

- Я не думаю, что мод Cape совместим с KSCExtended, но он вам не понадобится, если вы также получите современные или ретро-пэды из версии Truthful.

Thank you! Before your message I was able to find ModuleIntegrator, everything worked out without any problems) But with the Kennedy Center it is already relevant for me, I will install and remove what is necessary! Thank you!fN1mdgrH58A.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

On 5/2/2024 at 10:08 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

if you've read the warnings inside each of the files, and you know which ones you still want, they can live literally anywhere under GameData. As a suggestion for organization I would recommend creating a folder inside GameData called KSRSSExtras, and placing the ones you want in there. 

I see. thank you!