[.23+] Jeb and Bill 9000, a smaller radial Jeb for the Clarke fans.

dishycourier

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case Dishy is not around for a few days and you absolutely must have your BillJeb 9000 fix, here is my personal .mu and 0.20 conversion:

mediafire

Dishy, here's the unity sources for that:

mediafire

I might suggest shrinking the texture to 512x for a future release, the names will still be readable, its a little large right now :)

P.S. The parts are also rotated so if you stick them to the front of a rocket with the text right-side up, or similar for a plane, the horizon is correct when you do 'control from here'.

Edited by Taverius

In case Dishy is not around for a few days and you absolutely must have your BillJeb 9000 fix, here is my personal .mu and 0.20 conversion:

mediafire

Dishy, here's the unity sources for that:

mediafire

I might suggest shrinking the texture to 512x for a future release, the names will still be readable, its a little large right now :)

P.S. The parts are also rotated so if you stick them to the front of a rocket with the text right-side up, or similar for a plane, the horizon is correct when you do 'control from here'.

Much appreciated change here! I haven't even been able to fire up .20 yet. I didn't know it breaks dae's, which is really unfortunate for the older-parts I've been updating for my own game. I'll incorporate all of the changes in the next release. Summer break, so it shouldn't be too far off. I haven't been able to get into unity yet, but it's installed, etc. I'll need to read up.

My textures usually are pretty large. I can shrink them or compress them a bit without a lot of loss. Give me a few days and I'll update this and the ball probe. Spertnik is dead for the time being, but may see a revival in the future.

I have been trying to hand everything over to sixteenbit, but he hasn't been around as much with the summer break. Hopefully, we can work something out soon.

Ok... So I went ahead and put the Bill9000 cfg file into the JEB9000 folder, then edited all the Bills in the cfg file to JEBs or Jebs (making sure to keep the proper capitalizations)......and the huge number of spacecraft I have spread around the solar system now seem to properly call up MechJeb 2.08. So I guess this worked. Hopefully nothing is going to come along later and bite me on the ass from this.

Now I need to figure out how to use this new version of MechJeb.

• 3 weeks later...
Bill9000 is. Jeb9000 is for 1.9.8.

This. I haven't had the time to figure out why my steam-delivered copy of KSP crashes on load. I have to get mechjeb working before I can get these parts working. No release date, but at some point.

Being an adult is not as fun as I was told it would be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EDIT: (Was about to suggest three-letter acronym when I found this)

HAL : IBM : JEB : ???

Continuity would actually suggest BIL 9000. One "L"... ;)

On the other hand, continuity would also suggest a name starting with "K".

Edited by Corax
condensed quote

HAL:IBM::JEB:KFC Our Kerbals are little fried chickens! ;-)

Yes, that is quite obvious. I was serious about BIL though... I think it'd look much nicer, and as I said, for "authenticity's" sake.

Edited by Corax

The Bill version seems to work fine, but the Jeb version causes problems in the VAB with 0.21.1... Clicking on it from the parts menu brings up an old-style MJ window with vessel info, it cannot be closed. Cashing in the part makes the VAB look like it's back to normal, but then you can't click on anything (even menu buttons). Even changing the Jeb-9000 part config so that all values are the same as Bill-9000 doesn't fix it.

Essentially I just use the Bill part then. Not that there's any difference except appearance... nor should there be of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.