What Will You Decide For Earth?

Spacescifi

Vote  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How Will You Vote... Or Something Else?

• Join The Alien Alliance Already!
    • Go Away We Don't Need You!
    • Ask For Intelligence On The Rest Of The Galaxy Instead
    • Ask For Asylum... but decline to vote
    • Stall Negotiations For As Long As Possible

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/25/2020 at 12:00 PM

Disclaimer: It's ironic really... I don't think that aliens... at least as depicted in scifi, actually are real. Mine included. Yet I still find them fun to play with as they reveal quite a bit of honest human self reflection whenever they do show up.

THE SCENARIO:

So humanoid aliens, part of an interstellar allliance, made contact with Earth in 2001.

How has the world changed till now?

Aliens have been involved with trading with Earth, and many Earthlings have received superior medical care by being shipped to alien hospitals on alien worlds or alien spaceships. As a result, all human diseases are now curable, furthermore, lifespans are being increased so now reaching a 100 is still only like your 20's (for those fortunate to have been relatively young enough to get treatment during the time after arrival.

Now it is 2018. Humans take vote to decide whether or not they want to join the alien alliance officially. The aliens promise to change Earth for the better and open up trade and interaction with Earth on a much deeper level than before. Up until now all the aliens have provided is shipping goods and excellent medical care. They have not provided any of their other tech (starships, FTL drives etc)

Nonetheless not everyone really trusts the aliens.

In the end the deciding vote falls to you. Before you vote, various factions contact you.

Anti-alien human faction says: "If you vote to join the alliance you're deader than fried chicken!"

Pro-alien human faction says: "The aliens have giving us extended our lifespans and healed us of our diseases. They may not be God, but they are the next best thing. Join the alliance already!"

Horned Humanoid Ambassador of the alliance named Saia says: "Here is your chance to change the course of humans history for the better. Will you take it? We want to save you from yourselves. If you choose to decline our offer, we will leave you to your own devices. Maybe you won't destroy yourselves before we return in the future."

d54rhxe-c716d9ab-79b9-46e4-b545-b3a5151d

What do you do?

Keep in mind that I will respond with the consequences no matter what you do.

As always, knowledge is power. Especially when you have an idea of what what to expect... even if you don't have all the details.

Spoiler

The horned red aliens (the ambassador's race) never gave their name species name but prefer to becalled Protectors.

Humans who have visited the homeworld describe it as a utopia, without crime, war, or disease. Human visitors report that they feed them great food free of charge and also keep them safe. Yet human visitors also complain that both security guards, flying drones, and cameras monitor them everywhere they go. They notice that adult protectors do not get this treatment... only their children and human visitors... plus some of their alien allies.

These:

alien_insect_by_firstkeeper.jpg?token=ey

And these:

maxresdefault.jpg

Humans know little of their alien allies other than that the bugs have superstrength and the cat people can run at speeds beyond human.  Both seem afraid of humans, and seem to avoid them. Which... paradoxically the Protectors say will end when humans become part of the alliance.

You get several choices. Decide in a vote and I will return in a day or two to show you the results of your choice.

Edited by Spacescifi

41 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

Horned Humanoid Ambassador of the alliance named Saia says: "Here is your chance to change the course of humans history for the better. Will you take it? We want to save you from yourselves. If you choose to decline our offer, we will leave you to your own devices. Maybe you won't destroy yourselves before we return in the future."

Oh, goodie!  Yes, this will change the course of humanity's history for the better.  Will we take it?  Most definitely.  Will you return later?  Most definitely not.  This plan is radical and brutal, and something I probably wouldn't do in real life.

I mean business.  I do not trust the aliens whatsoever.  This is gonna end like War of the Worlds, but we are not going to be the losers.  Here's the grand plan:

Pretend to be friendly.  Learn how to fly their starship.  Learn how to get to their home world.  Meanwhile, engineer a killer virus targeting all forms of alien life.  We also need the vaccine.  Take a few of the least threatening aliens prisoner and put them in hazmat suits.  Then, spray that virus everywhere like pesticide, making sure to infect all of the aliens.  Once they're all dead, load up their ships with short-ranged nuclear missles, tanks of the virus, quite a bit of the vaccine, lots of guns, and soldiers.  Oh, and bring those prisoners along.  Alien world, prepare to die.

After traveling to their planet, put all the warheads into orbits that distribute them evenly over the entire planet.  Then, land in a populated city on the planet.  As their planet is a supposedly warless utopia, they probably haven't extensively developed weapons.  But if there is resistance, there are ways of extinguishing it.  As soon as the ship touches down, begin spraying the virus everywhere.  Shoot everything that moves.  Make sure those prisoners see everything that is happening.  Kill all the aliens in the city.

We need to make it clear to the prisoners that we mean to destroy the whole planet.  They get to pick a certain part of the planet to survive in exchange for their cooperation.  These aliens will have no immune system or defense against the virus, so it should be spreading like wildfire across the planet.  Administer the vaccine to all the aliens in the chosen area of the planet.  Then, let the virus to the rest of the work. 

All the aliens on the planet will die except for in a certain part of the planet.  If those aliens pull anything funny, there are ways of quickly dealing with them.  Now, it is time to do some science.  We want their technology.  We have to transmit all the information there is back to earth.  This could take a while.  Those prisoners are going to help us.  Once we have learned how all of their advanced technology works, we leave the planet.  Those aliens are going to be really mad and will likely try to destroy earth.  Dealing with that is simple.  Once we reach a safe distance from their planet, we detonate all of the nuclear warheads, not killing the aliens, but causing a massive global EMP frying all of their power grids and intricate electronics, sending them back to the stone age.

Humans are the apex predators and I mean to keep it that way.

6 hours ago, RoninFrog said:

Oh, goodie!  Yes, this will change the course of humanity's history for the better.  Will we take it?  Most definitely.  Will you return later?  Most definitely not.  This plan is radical and brutal, and something I probably wouldn't do in real life.

I mean business.  I do not trust the aliens whatsoever.  This is gonna end like War of the Worlds, but we are not going to be the losers.  Here's the grand plan:

Pretend to be friendly.  Learn how to fly their starship.  Learn how to get to their home world.  Meanwhile, engineer a killer virus targeting all forms of alien life.  We also need the vaccine.  Take a few of the least threatening aliens prisoner and put them in hazmat suits.  Then, spray that virus everywhere like pesticide, making sure to infect all of the aliens.  Once they're all dead, load up their ships with short-ranged nuclear missles, tanks of the virus, quite a bit of the vaccine, lots of guns, and soldiers.  Oh, and bring those prisoners along.  Alien world, prepare to die.

After traveling to their planet, put all the warheads into orbits that distribute them evenly over the entire planet.  Then, land in a populated city on the planet.  As their planet is a supposedly warless utopia, they probably haven't extensively developed weapons.  But if there is resistance, there are ways of extinguishing it.  As soon as the ship touches down, begin spraying the virus everywhere.  Shoot everything that moves.  Make sure those prisoners see everything that is happening.  Kill all the aliens in the city.

We need to make it clear to the prisoners that we mean to destroy the whole planet.  They get to pick a certain part of the planet to survive in exchange for their cooperation.  These aliens will have no immune system or defense against the virus, so it should be spreading like wildfire across the planet.  Administer the vaccine to all the aliens in the chosen area of the planet.  Then, let the virus to the rest of the work. 

All the aliens on the planet will die except for in a certain part of the planet.  If those aliens pull anything funny, there are ways of quickly dealing with them.  Now, it is time to do some science.  We want their technology.  We have to transmit all the information there is back to earth.  This could take a while.  Those prisoners are going to help us.  Once we have learned how all of their advanced technology works, we leave the planet.  Those aliens are going to be really mad and will likely try to destroy earth.  Dealing with that is simple.  Once we reach a safe distance from their planet, we detonate all of the nuclear warheads, not killing the aliens, but causing a massive global EMP frying all of their power grids and intricate electronics, sending them back to the stone age.

Humans are the apex predators and I mean to keep it that way.

You really do not know the Protectors or their history leading up to the present day. But you will in time. Just wait as I get around to that voting question. In the mean time, I will provide this music, which is as telling as I could find that shows what the Protectors are truly about.

At least according to them.

Answers: More will be incoming in due time, but for now I will answer what most have voted for so far (ask for intelligence on the rest of the galaxy).

The Answer: Saia blinks twice as if she can't believe what she is hearing.

"I am sorry. You really did not just say that after all we have done for your people at cost that you not only reject our offer, but also want more free stuff? Is that correct?"

"Information is all I want."

"My government already expected such an outcome and arranged for that." Saiah then points to two doors behind her. "The door on the right leads to more information than any of us could dream of. It can be all yours. The door on the left leads to the exit. Choose one."

Which door do you pick? Yes I do need an answer as that decides how this goes. At least this part.

Other answers lead to different paths altogether.

44 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

The Answer: Saia blinks twice as if she can't believe what she is hearing.

"I am sorry. You really did not just say that after all we have done for your people at cost that you not only reject our offer, but also want more free stuff? Is that correct?"

Excuse me, but the Saia is dead. :P

My plan probably wouldn't go very well, but it's worth a shot.  If that plan is not an option, then I would vote to have nothing to do with them.  They seem to have subjugated two other races of aliens from other planets and I don't plan on letting humankind be enslaved.

Edited by RoninFrog
Typo

5 minutes ago, RoninFrog said:

My plan probably wouldn't go very well, but it's worth a shot.

There is a definite reason why it would be very difficult to pull off... but as I said... that's an answer for later.

At any rate,  both my previous post and the OP give hints as to why.

Remember who it is you are dealing with and what they have accomplished in mere decades. Stuff we have never done they did in about tweny years.

And you think your plan had a snowball's chance in a lava pit of succeeding?

5 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

And you think your plan had a snowball's chance in a lava pit of succeeding?

Oh, there are some cards I haven't played yet.  It just depends on what actually happens during the execution of the plan.

16 minutes ago, RoninFrog said:

My plan probably wouldn't go very well, but it's worth a shot.  If that plan is not an option, then I would vote to have nothing to do with them.  They seem to have subjugated two other races of aliens from other planets and I don't plan on letting humankind be enslaved.

You poor misinformed human...

2 minutes ago, RoninFrog said:

Oh, there are some cards I haven't played yet.  It just depends on what actually happens during the execution of the plan.

More like what already has happened....

Edited by Spacescifi

1 hour ago, RoninFrog said:

So how would the plan be foiled?  I've got a lot of unposted Plan B's that I wanna try.

I would love to tell you, but there is reason why I am saving the results of joining the alliance for last.

Suspense.

That said, since you are the only one playing right now I will answer the results the path followed from the galaxy intelligence route.

Ending 1: CONSOLATION PRIZE

If you choose the door of information then you see a desk and books. You look back at Saia who is still sitting in her office in the adjoining room, a puzzled look on yourr face.

"I expected more. This is it?"

"I have nothing to say to you." Saia says, and gets up to leave her office.

With that you once more go to the desk and pick up the books, and quickly realize they are ordinary human books. The door shuts behind you automatically and the lights go dark.

You demand to know what's going on as an exosketal hand grabs you and forcibly presses a tissue onto your face.

You have been chloroformed and thus are no longer conscious.

Later on you wake up aboard a spaceship on a bed near the window... with gravity.

(Only guy pic I could find)

dmitry-bogoljubov-.jpg?1438521301

The door rings and you ask who it is. 

"You know me."

It's Saia and she walks in.

You ask her what is going on.

The gist of her answer is this:

"Humans are not the strongest nor the fastest, nor even the smartest race we have encountered. Yet you do have something we want."

"Which is?"

"Your brains."

You recoil in horror but Saia laughs.

"Still attached to your bodies. See, your brains, when the errors are fixed, have limitless storage capacity. You can retain endless amounts of information. In fact, right now you know more than any single Protector alive. You just don't realize it yet. Your head? We fixed you... your brain errors. We downloaded information of all the technology of other races and their cultures into your brain. If I ask you to do somsthing you have never done before and it has been downloaded, you will know how to do it. In fact the only race you you will still have to learn how to work their technology is my own. Security reasons, you understand? I know you want to know why and you will find out on your own anyway so I will be the first to tell you. We may look somewhat like you humans, but are brains have limited storage capacity, which means learning too many skills will erase some of our stored memories. We have never been able to fix this, at best we use flash memory technology to learn things  instantly, but as I said, our storage capacity is limited.

You though... you can know and be... anything. So long you put your mind to work.

You will work for us now. Consider yourself our consolation prize. As you cheated us out of joining Earth to the alliance, we will have to settle for making clones of you... brain fixed clones that is.

Each one of you will have the combined knowledge of Alliance databanks on all our rivals and enemies.

We take every edge we can when we can."

"If I refuse?"

"Don't be foolish... this is fair. You cheated us from having an easy intelligence resource okay? You will not deny us the fruits of our labor! This will take longer, but it is better than nothing."

Long story short, the Alliance left Earth alone but took you as a consolation prize, fixed your brain, and is also making fixed clones of you to serve Alliance interests.

Edited by Spacescifi

After reading the replies, I would tell the aliens to just keep helping us, and we'll create something to give back.

And according to what I voted (intelligence on the galaxy) I would choose the exit door ( maybe before and definitely after reading the reply).

Edited by Space Nerd

4 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

After reading the replies, I would tell the aliens to just keep helping us, and we'll create something to give back.

And according to what I voted (intelligence on the galaxy) I would choose the exit door ( maybe before and definitely after reading the reply).

TURMOIL ENDING: You chose the exit.

As you open the door you hear Saia, "Stay with us. Please?! You're receiving death threats from both the anti and pro alien human groups. If you leave now I cannot guarantee your safety. Consider this an offer of asylum."

You reject her and leave the alien embassy on Earth..

In the weeks that follow the anti-alien and pro alien groups clash and people die, your house is set on fire, and you go into hiding.

The alien fleet also leaves orbit, leaving Earth by itself once more, with the knowledge that they are not alone.

7586c7057750f6e9ce6cc80f10a41da9.jpg

The government helps you go into hiding, but unfortunately for you, one of the agents turns you over to the pro-alien crowd.

Police find your corpse later.

Like many, the agent had a relative that was waiting for an alien cure.

With the aliens gone, many are upset with you.

Thus this ending.

Edited by Spacescifi

54 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

A good ending is one where "you" is not dead or taken by the aliens or unhappy.

STALLING SAIA PATH : When you choose to stall Saia instead of voting in the beginning.

You ply Saia with many questions, but she keeps saying that all will be revealed if you vote to join. Finally you ask,"Why do you want us to join so badly? Why us? You can find others."

Saia sighs shaking her head. "I know you fear me. I know you do not trust me. I even know that humans call us demons and the Overlords from Childhood's End and that human males wish to abuse me. Let's say you're right, we are all that is wrong with the universe and worse. Tell me, what can you do about it? Anything at all to stop us?"

Your next words decide what happens next.

Choose:

1. Answer, "Better to die on our feet than live on our knees."

2. Stall with, "You're kinda pretty... for an alien."

3. Answer, "Nothing we can do to stop you."

4. Say, "I don't think you're evil."

Edited by Spacescifi

Here are the Plan B's and unposted parts of the grand plan for overthrowing the aliens.

1.  Before taking a few aliens prisoner on earth, warn them there has been a deadly viral outbreak killing the rest of the aliens on earth and that the virus has quickly spread so there are traces of it all over the planet.  Provide them with hazmat suits and tell them they should warn their alien friends that landing on earth is unsafe and that we are working on a vaccine.  When the other aliens hear their own species warning them, it will prevent them from attempting a landing.

2.  Once the spaceship(s) have departed, keep producing the virus on earth and distribute tanks of it all over the earth to be used if the aliens attempt a landing.

4.  If any alien ships start following the commandeered ship, just fire a nuke at them.  Simple.

5.  Once in orbit, leave a few crew members in orbit with control of the nuclear missiles.

6.  On each of the nuclear missiles and the pod in orbit, install radio transmitters and receivers.  If any of the signals go dead, all the nukes immediately detonate.

7.  Monitor the heartbeat of all of the landing crew.  If they all die, the crew in orbit will deorbit the nukes onto the most populated cities and detonate them.

8.  If the surviving aliens try to resist, evacuate the landing crew and deorbit a few nukes onto the aliens.

9.  It should be possible to locate all the alien ships after taking control of their planet.  They should be easy to eliminate with their own technology.

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

They just didn't show the bad ones

Please...

47 minutes ago, RoninFrog said:

Here are the Plan B's and unposted parts of the grand plan for overthrowing the aliens.

1.  Before taking a few aliens prisoner on earth, warn them there has been a deadly viral outbreak killing the rest of the aliens on earth and that the virus has quickly spread so there are traces of it all over the planet.  Provide them with hazmat suits and tell them they should warn their alien friends that landing on earth is unsafe and that we are working on a vaccine.  When the other aliens hear their own species warning them, it will prevent them from attempting a landing.

2.  Once the spaceship(s) have departed, keep producing the virus on earth and distribute tanks of it all over the earth to be used if the aliens attempt a landing.

4.  If any alien ships start following the commandeered ship, just fire a nuke at them.  Simple.

5.  Once in orbit, leave a few crew members in orbit with control of the nuclear missiles.

6.  On each of the nuclear missiles and the pod in orbit, install radio transmitters and receivers.  If any of the signals go dead, all the nukes immediately detonate.

7.  Monitor the heartbeat of all of the landing crew.  If they all die, the crew in orbit will deorbit the nukes onto the most populated cities and detonate them.

8.  If the surviving aliens try to resist, evacuate the landing crew and deorbit a few nukes onto the aliens.

9.  It should be possible to locate all the alien ships after taking control of their planet.  They should be easy to eliminate with their own technology.

You seem rather enthusiatic about fighting aliens.

Why not continue the question path I need I completed first?

Trust me... you will get your chance to fight scifi aliens... at the end.

On the other hand, if you want to fast trak this to see how it all ends, at least in the original version I made years ago, I can arrange that too.

Edited by Spacescifi

1 hour ago, RoninFrog said:

^^^^^^^^^ Yes yes yes yes.

Saia replies, "Strong words. Now pay attention to what I am about to say. You have no idea what is out there in the galaxy. We are all that stands between you and a race of plant based humanoids who eat other races, fairy looking aliens who are so divided politically that they have 9000 nations one one planet, and octopoid humanoids who fight each other over what they think is best to be efficient about. If you think you can handle all that on your own, even though all those races have bombs that are a thousand times more powerful than your nuclear arsenal, then handle it. Is that what you want? Think about it, if we found you, don't you think they can? Especially if we aren't around?"

Choose a reply:

1. "We will survive without you."

2. "Wow. I change my mind. We need you."

Edited by Spacescifi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.