What Will You Decide For Earth?

Spacescifi

Vote  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How Will You Vote... Or Something Else?

• Join The Alien Alliance Already!
    • Go Away We Don't Need You!
    • Ask For Intelligence On The Rest Of The Galaxy Instead
    • Ask For Asylum... but decline to vote
    • Stall Negotiations For As Long As Possible

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/25/2020 at 12:00 PM

30 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

"We will survive without you."

Yup.  The Saia may be lying about the octopus dudes, but even if it (the Saia) isn't, we can handle it.  Plant based cannibals, hmm?  Well, at least they eat themselves and not us!

Also, we need their technology.  We don't need them.

52 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

We are all that stands between you and a race of plant based cannibals, fairy looking aliens who are so divided politically that they have 9000 nations one one planet, and octopoid humanoids who fight each other over what they think is best to be efficient about

You forgot the nearly indestructible short green creatures obsessed with SRB's and explosions. :sticktongue:

7 minutes ago, RoninFrog said:

Yup.  The Saia may be lying about the octopus dudes, but even if it (the Saia) isn't, we can handle it.  Plant based cannibals, hmm?  Well, at least they eat themselves and not us!

Sorry... I will correct.

Saia meant to say meat eating plant humanoids.

I will tell you the results of your choice later. I am eating.

Edited by Spacescifi

5 hours ago, RoninFrog said:

You forgot the nearly indestructible short green creatures obsessed with SRB's and explosions. :sticktongue:

FUTURE TENSE ENDING

Over a 100 years later: A lot has happened since a century ago when the Protectors came, healed thousands, and extended the lifespans of many. The Protectors said they would return in a century to see if we changed our minds about rejecting them, and many of those who had life extensions still walk the Earth, not havong recognizably aged. They are dubbed Millenials, since researchers figured out that they each have about a thousand year lifespan.

Yet paradoxicalky, all Millenials are unable to bear children. Both men and women of the group cannot procreate. Many are upset about this and many claim it was an alien plot to peacefully kill us all off 

Since the departure of the aliens Earth has been obsessed with them.

Orbital weapon satelittes are scattered all over orbiting Earth, and alien themed movies are the new superhero movies of the day.

You are long dead, since you never trusted the Protectors enough to take the treatnent to live longer. Nonetheless the Protecors do return, and Saia looks just like she did a century ago.

She makes the same offer, but when Millenials complain about being infertile, Saia claims that was just a side-effect of the treatment.

She also says that for the last 100 years the Protectors have screened Earth off from inferior races (the dangerous ones Saia mentioned who also have advanced tech compared to humans). They will only continue to if humans join them as a planet, otherwise, they will leave Earth to the wild and let nature taje it's course. Either way, life on Earth won't stay the same.

"Make a choice. Suffering by aliens who are as bad or worse than your kind, or protection?" Saia says.

Current News Year 2120: 

Big news! The Protectors refuse to heal a man. Why? They scanned him and said he was the descendent of the man who made the deciding vote for them to leave last time. Yet if people vote for them to stay this time, all will be forgiven they claim.

No one knows what will happen, but time will tell. Always does.

THE END

For this path at least.

Edited by Spacescifi

15 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

This, and peace with the aliens.

Saia replies, "Then what do I have to do for you to vote for Earth to join the Alliance? I have broad powers regarding our affairs here on Earth. Let's make a trade, I give you something, you provide the vote? Deal?"

"What will you give me?"

"Anything... so long it's within reason. Naturally you should know by now from our time on Earth that I won't give you anything that will have a a definite negative effect on security, education, or food stock."

You begin to think of the possibilities. What will you ask for?

1. A starship that can take off to space and land so long it's charged. 7 hour engine accelration time, same time for recharge. Max acceleration is 7g. Charge depletes whether you use engine or not, so every 7 hours your engines will stall and recharge for 7 hours. One LY per hour warp ability. Payload 100 tons.

2. A laser pistol and a visor so you won't blind yourself. It's powerful enough to blast holes in wood or  bodies and also has an electrolaser stun mode setting.

3. Alien genetics and bio-manipulation school (how do you think the Protectors became so good at this?).

4. Saia.

5. Something else you will say.

6. Alien slaves. Either some of the cat people or the bug people. The bug people are really strong, and the cat people are really fast. And the Protectors have horns, and endurance that is lasts longer than humans, but also sleep longer too.

Edited by Spacescifi

26 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

3. Alien genetics and bio-manipulation school (how do you think the Protectors became so goid at this?).

meh

2. A laser piston and a visor so you won't blind yourself.

not really useful for humanity in general, and they are pretty easy to build, especially with near future tech.

6. Alien slaves. Either some of the cat people or the bug people. The bug people are really strong, and the cat people are really fast. And the Protectors have horns, and endurance that is lasts longer than humans, but also sleep longer too.

nah.

1. A starship that can take off to space and land so long it's charged. 7 hour engine accelration time, same time for recharge. Max acceleration is 7g. Charge depletes whether you use engine or not, so every 7 hours your engines will stall and recharge for 7 hours. One LY per hour warp ability. Payload 100 tons.

This

Edited by Dirkidirk

12 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

meh

not really useful for humanity in general, and they are pretty easy to build, especially with near future tech.

nah.

This

The laser pistol is definitely more scifi, since it has more power in a laser pistol than you should expect without overheating. The waste heat is actually linked to a power station through a mini portal. The gun is cooled via another mini portal linked to a pool of water.

So firing the pistol does shoot steam out the sides when at high power.

I wil continue the path you chose later, as well as the fate of Earth (joined to alliance now).

Edited by Spacescifi

On 4/24/2020 at 10:02 PM, Spacescifi said:

See, your brains, when the errors are fixed, have limitless storage capacity. You can retain endless amounts of information

Then I say, may I interest you in Ribonucleic acid?  Instead of storing information on a cellular level, you can store it on a molecular level, leading to much, much denser storage of information.  In fact, billions if not trillions of times denser.

For comparison, the highest estimates of the information stored in our brain are 2.5 petabytes, and the storage capacity of a single gram of RNA is 455 exabytes, thousands of times more than a brain.

Edited by RoninFrog

8 hours ago, Dirkidirk said:

meh

nah.

This

DARKEST BEFORE DAWN PATH: When you vote Earth into the alien alliance in exchange for one of their starships.

640?cb=20131006225225

Now that you have an scifi alien starship, what do you do with it?

Ship capabilities: Besides the engines, it has a rate of fire depletable yet rechargable shield field bubble if not fired on. In other words, shields do not care how powerful a weapon hitting the shields is, they only care about how fast repeated hits occur. So rapid fire bullets or lasers could easily bring the shield down,  but it could tank a nuclear blast with minimal depletion, however that does NOT mean the crew would survive the jolt from the g-force. That depends on their heading and direction. Obviously hitting a nuclear blast head on flying against it could kill from g-force alone... in atmosphere.

You have no weapons installed on your ship.

Meanwhile on Earth the alliance opens up their healthcare to more people than ever before, and with the approval of some but not all countries deploy flying drones to assist police and emergency workers. To those humans that are invited by the Alliance and accept their proposal, they are intergrated into their society on their homeworld. The millenial treatment comes standard for them, even though it means terminating the ability to procreate offspring (side effect of treatment). At least they will reach a thousand before the body begins to start aging normally again. Recommended for adults, not children, since beung a ten year old for a 1000 years is not cool.

What do you do next with your ship... or do you do something else?

Route Options:

1. Forget having offspring and ask for the millenial treatment.

2. Explore the galaxy right away.

3. Get weapons to arm your ship first.

4. Try to have kids first, then consider getting the millenial treatment.

Edited by Spacescifi

4 hours ago, RoninFrog said:

storage capacity of a single gram of RNA is 455 exabytes

But what if you heard or thought something that had an exact RNA encoding that was ALSO validly-reproducible as an organic virus and then...

...that would be what you would call "a very bad idea", a killer 'meme'.

What if in addition, some evil genius found such a deadly idea that was also devilishly humorous, thus inventing the supremely-infectious Killer Joke...  hmm?

People would die laughing.

(I like 4 above: the HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO PATH)

Edited by Hotel26

22 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

What if in addition, some evil genius found such a deadly idea that was also devilishly humorous, thus inventing the supremely-infectious Killer Joke...  hmm?

Yup, exactly.  Aliens start storing information in RNA, a piece breaks loose, and they're all dead.  *Evil laughter*

7 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

4. Try to have kids first, then consider getting the millenial treatment.

This, and the treatment should only be applied to who don't want kids and want to live for 1000 years.

7 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

2. Explore the galaxy right away.

And this, for SCIENCE!!!!!

GAME OVER: I was thinking, why do this when I could just use the creative energy to actually write a story and then be done with it?

After all the premise is not exactly new, namely how Earth would change if scifi aliens actually were real.

So it's been fun, and I apologize for ending it quickly. But thanks for the play!

And if you want to know how it all would have ended,  including the original ending, just PM me.

Edited by Spacescifi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.