So 1.9.1 mods in 1.8.1

stk2008

Hi all sorry to start a new thread I could not see any real info on this.

I know its also subject to the kind of mod ETC but out of interest is there any real deep engine changes made in 1.9.1 that would make mods made for 1.9.1 not be a good idea to use in 1.8.1.

I have mods that are made for 1.8.1 but like some of the features and changes made for the 1.9.1 version.

Is that normally a BAD idea or was there not any real huge engine changes in the two versions?.

Thanks all :)

STAY SAFE

Good Question i try already 2x 1.9.1 mods in 1.8.1 looks like they works but i am also not sure it will be great if we can get some advice or Information not only try it ;-)

In especially also if an mod updated for 1.9.1 we can use the newer Version in 1.8.1?

Many Thx in advance

This might answer some of your questions:

But using a mod specifically released for 1.9 (or any version) in a different version of the game will have mixed results.   Some mods will work fine, others will die a horrible death.  The like above will show you how to find mods for your specific version of the game you are running.  If you try to install mismatched versions of mods, do it one at a time, not in bulk, and try the mod out before committing to another one. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.