Best mod that adds city lights?

Nightside

Pretty sure that Spectra does add them, at least I have it installed and do get "city" lights, I wouldn't know (ie. couldn't be bothered to look) where else they would come from.

That said, I personally have never been a big fan of that particular effect, it always feels wrong that something should seem to be there at night, with no indication during daytime. But then again, I'm just not bothered enough to patch them out, so I just tell myself they are from bioluminescent microbes or somesuch ;)

4 hours ago, Corax said:

Pretty sure that Spectra does add them, at least I have it installed and do get "city" lights, I wouldn't know (ie. couldn't be bothered to look) where else they would come from.

That said, I personally have never been a big fan of that particular effect, it always feels wrong that something should seem to be there at night, with no indication during daytime. But then again, I'm just not bothered enough to patch them out, so I just tell myself they are from bioluminescent microbes or somesuch ;)

Well, I'm working on adding city models in, so I'm trying to figure out if there is a "Community Standard" location for light clusters.

I tried Spectra, its the best looking visual pack I've seen, but I didn't see city lights. @Avera9eJoe, did I miss something, or mess up my install?

7 hours ago, Nightside said:

Well, I'm working on adding city models in, so I'm trying to figure out if there is a "Community Standard" location for light clusters.

I tried Spectra, its the best looking visual pack I've seen, but I didn't see city lights. @Avera9eJoe, did I miss something, or mess up my install?

There's an addon I created just last week that adds city lights to any EVE pack- search up "KSPRC City Lights" in CKAN and you should be able to download it for 1.8 :) it also works for 1.9 but you'll have to force install it since EVE isn't technically updated for 1.9 (Even though it works fine :P).

13 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

There's an addon I created just last week that adds city lights to any EVE pack- search up "KSPRC City Lights" in CKAN and you should be able to download it for 1.8 :) it also works for 1.9 but you'll have to force install it since EVE isn't technically updated for 1.9 (Even though it works fine :P).

oh, cool!

I'm still back on 1.8.1, but I haven't used CKAN in ages. Do you have an alternate download location?

5 hours ago, Nightside said:

oh, cool!

I'm still back on 1.8.1, but I haven't used CKAN in ages. Do you have an alternate download location?

All the releases are on GitHub- there should be links in each mods forum post :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.