Need Help with Editing Audio for a Video

Kernel Kraken

I'm working on turning the Roblox OOF sound effect into the Tripod horn from the 2005 adaptation of The War of The Worlds.

Here's the original:

And here's mine so far:

You can probably hear the loud clicks between my poorly spliced clips. Anyone know how to get rid of those? Any constructive criticism would be very welcome, too. It doesn't sound all that great and I can't figure out what to do to make it better.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

The clicks happen when the sound wave switches abruptly to a new position. You might be able to minimize it by trimming the waveform at the small scale. Otherwise, I think there are functions in Audacity to filter out some of that stuff.

3 hours ago, cubinator said:

You might be able to minimize it by trimming the waveform at the small scale.

I've done this hundreds of times and it works like a charm.

If you zoom in enough in Audacity you can see the "pixels" of the waveform. Just cut off the minimum amount you need to in order to not have a bug jump in the line anywhere.

Edited by Superfluous J
Hey Swype: just a heads up if the letter is on its own it's pretty much always going to be 'a', not 's'

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.