[WIP] Jade's Dev Thread

JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

"CPU" here means "Chemical Processor Unit."

Before I read this I was thinking that these devices should turn ore into cryptocurrency producing 500MW of heat while operating at full power.

Giant Shields

10m, 25m, 50m.

• White armor. Standard spaceplane hull-alike. Includes some active radiator capacity. Not optimal for aerocapture shenanigans.
  • (Dark) Coated armor. Can hold Ablator and (Kerbalism or Kerbal Health) shielding resource. Optimal for aerocapture shenanigans.
  • (Pale gloss) Perfect mirror sun shield. For use by Sun-diver enthusiasts.
  • (Dark gloss) Weaker sun shield but also a solar thermal panel (for powering a low Sun orbit station ;) ) or beamed power receiver.

5iXqiJr.png

Spoiler

FbHRQKY.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar
updated links. Discord image links expired

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Ariel Kerman said:

Where? I thought this was part of the Sterling mod

They are part of Sterling Systems, indeed. Since the mod still had quite far to go at the time of publishing, I didn't think to link it here. Here you go, then:

( @NiL too, just in case)

Rather, I was against linking it. I didn't want just everyone jumping on a mod that (whilte huge in total) was only version 0.1 at the time.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:05 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Are you using them?

Well, I'm certainly using them now :) Can't believe I missed Sterling release, I waited for it since who knows how long ago. Thank you for all your beautiful work!

• 3 weeks later...

@UltraJohn I studied your TU work for TAC LS and managed to get a thing going for myself. I'm almost ready to start ditching the stock shiny shader. I'm just stuck for a bit on, or not yet even checked out:

• Stock transparent shader used by the nuke decal gets busted.
  • Recolor mask not being recognized so I can't recolor the thing.
  • I don't yet know how a mostly painted part will look (as this one is mostly bare metal) and if it will have that crappy plastic-ish vibe like folks are complaining about KSP2 parts.

screenshot108.png?ex=657f847e&is=656d0f7e&hm=5c86e889fc5ebd2f64e0fc51855295e04835e60bfa7ceb8b7821d89be50a1333&screenshot109.png?ex=657f847e&is=656d0f7e&hm=210151d28212055cbce962884a00bddbfbd8377e5a038a85936329fb7a995758& screenshot110.png?ex=657f847e&is=656d0f7e&hm=af068393bf5f2dc8c64e52552aab706da987896b542f4ef41720e3c42c58f0d1&

@JadeOfMaar Hey!

I'm probably not the best person to ask for help, as I just trial and error'd myself along the way looking at the other TURD configs :D 

But what I used to make mine is enabling the UV export flag in the cfg file for TU. That would be in 000_TexturesUnlimited/GeneralConfiguration.cfg and set exportUVs = true. This will on game load export every UV map for every model, sorted into separate folders for each mod. You can use these SVG files in combination with the DDS files to overlay where on the texture that the RGB paint file needs to be covered. Then it's just simply to create the preset cfg to enable it on the files. Do note that as far as I can tell, your part cannot also have switchable ModulePartVariants modules on them. Or atleast that's what the default TURD config removes from the parts before applying the recolors.

For the recolor not appearing, did you make sure to add a KSPTextureSwitch module? If you are copying from my preset you should know that it also clones from the stock TURD preset, and thus require that preset installed to work. ( e.g. +KSP_TEXTURE_SET[MWNN_Stock_Paint] )

The one thing I never got around to figuring out, (as it's above my experience level of graphics design) is to get the specular maps working properly, so I just opted to not use them.

• 2 weeks later...

XXL windmill and solar panel. These parts will be boxed and carryable (to some degree), and clusterable in a hexagon pattern via side nodes to ensure regular and sufficient spacing.

The panel won't be upgradeable but will be mid-tier. It will have automatic tracking in one axis and manual control in the other so place it well and choose your optimal heading.

CDsqOPY.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 12/19/2022 at 2:48 PM, NiL said:

0.2m would be convinient and consistent, I imagine (at least considering 0.2 fits both 1.25m and mk2 cores, and 0.4 is only for 2.5m). Two 0.2m strips could be used for 2.5m core (as in screenshots), and scaling it down to 1.25m with TweakScale would produce panels 0.1m in height, which could also be used in two rows.  If you would make different parts for different profiles, maybe 0.4m for 2.5 and 3.75m and 0.2m for everything else could be used? But I'm not a modder, so, fully unironically, what do I know. 

Finally getting around to those after quite a while... They'll be released along with the XXL solar panel in previous post.

• 0.2m height for 0.625m, 1.25m, 1.875m, Mk2
  • 0.3m width (linear, 2m height steps)
  • 0.4m height for 2.5m

aHeIl5Q.png

The timing is pretty good. Gonna make sure every kerbal can cheaply power their Christmas lights.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

Impulse Party

I'm working on two sets of nacelle pieces for Blueshift users to enjoy. This set has a slightly larger cross-section than Mk3 and is Excelsior alike (because someone has built a really big ship and has asked for these to complete it). Colors are placeholder of course.

Nacelle_paint0002.png?ex=659f1d9e&is=658

17 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Impulse Party

I'm working on two sets of nacelle pieces for Blueshift users to enjoy. This set has a slightly larger cross-section than Mk3 and is Excelsior alike (because someone has built a really big ship and has asked for these to complete it). Colors are placeholder of course.

Nacelle_paint0002.png?ex=659f1d9e&is=658

These are gonna be so gooood! Cant wait. I wonder who built that big ship you mentioned. ;)

20 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This set has a slightly larger cross-section than Mk3

Is this black rectangle a passageway inside the coil? If it really is, we'll have a unique opportunity to observe the influence of negative mass and negative energy on some victims volunteers.

1 hour ago, Manul said:

Is this black rectangle a passageway inside the coil? If it really is, we'll have a unique opportunity to observe the influence of negative mass and negative energy on some victims volunteers.

Lol! I didn't think to make it a real passageway, actually. It's closed off with a black wall. Now I wish I made it so.

Posted (edited)

Rational Resources Parts

Looking to finish off some parts here and deliver version 2.0:

• 1.25m heater device (companion and contrast to the 2.5m freezer). These parts replace the original Boxed freezer/heater parts.
  • Tank suite in 1.25m, 2.5m, 5m. Their purpose is to hold the following:
    • Several gas resources at once. As "Ore tanks but for gas;" As buffer storage for RR-compatible atmo or exo scoops (including the ram harvesters and giant exo scoop).
    • Life support resources
    • FusionPellets (companion to the dedicated FusionPellets factory which exists).

image.png?ex=65a6f6c5&is=659481c5&hm=ca4

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 3 weeks later...

@Ariel Kerman Preview of the truss system and pills/spheres (with optional circular adapters).

Tanks_r2_0008.png?ex=65c056ce&is=65ade1c

Trusses will be available empty, containing the orbs, drums (for non-cryo storages) and possibly other things. Orbs can be available separately and in larger sizes (because that goes without saying).

12 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Ariel Kerman Preview of the truss system and pills/spheres (with optional circular adapters).

Tanks_r2_0008.png?ex=65c056ce&is=65ade1c

Trusses will be available empty, containing the orbs, drums (for non-cryo storages) and possibly other things. Orbs can be available separately and in larger sizes (because that goes without saying).

Amazing stuff! I love the idea they are not just tanks, and can full fit other purposes :prograde::prograde::prograde:

• 1 month later...

I ran into a hiccup with the fuel tanks but they're still close to finishing. Here are the drum shape tanks.

• White: All-purpose non-propellant tanks like the ones in SSPXr or what Rational Resources does with Ore tanks.
  • Black: Special hazard container. Good for things like fresh or spent nuclear goods, super-acids and whatever highly toxic byproducts of industrial activity.
  • More height options will exist than what's shown (2, 3, 4m tall in front, 6m in back).

o91cx5V.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I found out,
if enable shield in the atmosphere, whatever it was Semi or Solid

CDN media

CDN media

then all the thrust will be block and the craft into gliding;   is this normal ?   could I change it anyway ?
(btw the plane is 1100m wide, and I edited   model = ImpulseParty/Parts/Things/shield-DomeAesthetic   to 25)