Worst day ever

Your bitching about a video game, My parents just split, No offence but not being able to Text or play video games isnt the end of life as you know it...

Yeah, you have your parents footing your bills. Wait until you have to cover the bills AND buy your own entertainment. For some of us living on limited fixed incomes, this means New Game or Food this week. Yeah, food wins every time.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Yeah' date=' you have your parents footing your bills. Wait until you have to cover the bills AND buy your own entertainment. For some of us living on limited fixed incomes, this means New Game or Food this week. Yeah, food wins every time.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky[/quote']

I have an Xbox but I barely play it and I was ganna get BL2 but when I heard my parents are splitting I gave the AC3 and BL2 money to my mom since she doesn't make alot of money. I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone but I hate it and i'm sure i'm not the only one who hates it when people complain when they can't play a game first day it came out.

Listen, this was mostly a joke. It did happen and i was upset but you don't need to start arguments about who has a tough life and yada yada. So, can we all laugh at my bad luck?

Its very, very old. There was a flash on the screen and i heard i crack and then it was done.

Also i play on console because all of my friends play on console.

Sounds like a capacitor blew, could be repairable via soldering a new one on.

There will always be somebody worse off in some related or not-so-related way than you are. Does that invalidate your bad luck? No.

From the sounds of it, sucks to be all of you! Kidding aside, it's a bit silly to go comparing misfortune to see who has it the worst. Stuff breaking is never fun, and if it's entertainment stuff it has the added 'benefit' of probably breaking on you just when you need some unwinding. Also, what is this borderlands everyone speaks of :P

edit: oops didn't see the whole second page. Oh well. Feel free to bask in this wisdom none the less

How is this for a week?

Last Sunday I found a mistake on my car insurance bill, and after spending 45 minutes on hold, was told that it's not a mistake, and they just decided that now everybody has to pay a big bill twice a year instead of a smaller bill every month, and State law doesn't require them to inform anybody of the change. Wednesday .17 came out and I couldn't get into the store or the forum for 3 days. Thursday and Friday I had a series of irate/insane customers at work. Saturday I was finally able to get to the KSP store, only to find that my profile is screwed up and I don't have permission to update the game because it doesn't believe that I bought it already. So I've emailed Squad a copy of my purchase receipt, and now I'm waiting to hear back from them. Meanwhile, I'm one of the people for whom .16 has been freezing anywhere up to 4 times in an hour, so right now I can't play the new version or the old version. Also on Friday, my computer did something weird and I tried to contact Hewlett-Packard about it, but it turns out that my warrantee had expired the month before, and HP tech support will not even answer your questions after the warrantee runs out. That's right: it's not just that they won't fix it after the warrantee. They won't even talk to you about it.

I'm having trouble remembering what it feels like NOT to be angry.

Edited by Vanamonde

Sounds like fun :/

Huh... it's kind of strange. I read that last sentence and was perfectly honestly trying to remember what it's like to be properly angry. It hasn't happened in such a long time, I forgot xD

Worst I've been is just terribly annoyed.... but not angry.

I hope it all gets better soon, though. In the meantime, find some cheering music. That always helps :)

I could suggest a bit if you want, although my tastes in music are somewhat unusual amongst those I know.

• 3 weeks later...

A week or two ago, during my end of year exams, my father spat the dummy, smashing pumps and cutlery everywhere. He tried to break open the door to my mum's office (she works for him, yes), endangering her life. The trauma was so bad for her, she nearly had a heart attack, and did not care about the lethal consequence of it. I now have three mental illnesses; Depression, PTSD, and Asperger's syndrome, one of which I know to have originated from him, meaning there is a chance I could be like him, which is too much to risk. The Asperger's and the Depression has already made me a useless individual, now I am even more so.

That was my worst day ever.

Though I cannot find the post, somebody (maybe Radion or someone of his rank) did mention that necro-posting is acceptable so long as it does not consist of a reply such as 'bump' or '+1' which does not add to the discussion.

Edited by SunJumper

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.