[Very WIP] [1.11-1.12] Edge of Eternity Planet Pack (0.22.1)

WarriorSabe

9 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

And I guess if you're willing to wait taking several orbits to get there you could try launching to its periapsis, you just might be sitting around Terminus for quite a while before things finally line up.

This is actually what I was assuming. Because I usually play with Better Time Warp in science or sandbox mode, I'm used to thinking of transfers like that despite the increased travel time. But you're right that it's not a direct Hohmann transfer, so I made a note explaining the unusual situation.

25 minutes ago, WarriorSabe said:

All the other eccentric resonances are higher order, though, so they should allow decently close to a periapsis-aligned transfer at the least

All the other direct resonances are between systems I modeled as having circular orbits, but now I'm somewhat worried about the indirect 5:2 Cerberus-Esker resonance. Assuming I did the math right, Cerberus is within 25 degrees of the optimal location for each of the four transfers (both directions, and both of Esker's orbital apsides), but Dessic is off by more than 50 degrees for all of them. I'm not sure exactly how bad that is, but it's probably enough to make the optimal transfers be somewhat unusual.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forums, @Crafteurkiki!

Edge of Eternity depends on a lot of moving parts, such as Kopernicus, Kopernicus Expansion, and Module Manager. In order to help you, we first need to know what exactly is causing the problem, which requires more information than "Kopernicus failed to load the custom planetary system".

A screenshot or list of all the mods in your GameData folder is a good starting point, but much better are log files, particularly KSP.log.

13 hours ago, Crafteurkiki said:

Hey, I installed all the depedencies but it does not work. I tried several month ago and it was fine but when I installed fresh today , it never launched the planetpack. Kopernicus show is error message that it didn't load the planet pack

While I am currently out of town and don't have access to my computer to properly check and cross-reference the logs, I do know that when originally uploading the last update the files were incorrectly uploaded and I had to immediately upload a patch with the correct files (twice, actually), which brings me to two questions: did you make sure you downloaded the latest version, and if so, does redownloading a version before the last major one work?

• 5 months later...

Alright, version 0.22 is out now; full changelog is on the Github

On 2/25/2023 at 2:13 AM, Crafteurkiki said:

I have the latest version , v0.21.3

Sorry about the unreasonably long delay, IRL stuff and a lull in motivation meant I forgot to check back here. The logs tell me the issue's with Acheron not loading, which coupled with the folders I see it list, suggests to me that Kopernicus Expansion was incorrectly installed - the folder you put in the gamedata should be called KopernicusExpansion, so that may be a part of your issue.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:51 AM, Leganeski said:

A screenshot or list of all the mods in your GameData folder is a good starting point, but much better are log files, particularly KSP.log.

Actually with planet mods, oftentimes the Kopernicus.log and relevant .body.log are more helpful; there should be a zip file in KerbalSpaceProgram/Logs that has everything needed. In this case, though, I'm pretty sure the issue is with KopEx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.